Team Tiamat XOOM Rom 1.1
Tiamat Rom is a fully Deodexed, and Zip Aligned stock system image.
Brought to you by the Powerhouse of Win that is Team Tiamat XOOM:
First off a quote from Bigrushdog:
Special Mentions:First and foremost, I would like to thank my wife Christy for putting up with the 100+ hours it took me to get the storage framework working. I told her I would be taking a break after this and I am. It is likely that the coming OTA will render most of this rom unneeded. However, I just have this thing with pwning Motorola Also, I would like to thank Roach from the Transformer team for breaking the back of the smali roadblock. Also, I have to thank Dr1337 from #xoom for making me double check the MediaProvider.apk manifest I hope you guys enjoy this rom. Be sure to read the change log and follow all instuctions when flashing. Thanks
- Roach' - For providing the keys to the castle to make this all possible
- Kelvie - Thanks for the wpa_supplicant
- Steady Hawkin - Init.d support
- Jewremy - For the battery circle mod
- Bazar6 - For fixing up the icons left over from the theming
This is a completely deodexed rom based on the stock Verizon 3G 3.1 image. This rom has been confirmed to function on Verizon 3G (MZ600) and Wi-Fi (MZ604) XOOM models. Testing is ongoing on other Xoom models and this post will be updated as additional confirmations are received.
- SDCARD Support -Fully integrated with the system including the ability to mount and unmount on the fly. Mount point has been changed to /Removable/MicroSD
- USB OTG (On The GO) support - Integrated support for usb peripherals and storage solutions. USB storage will be automatically mounted under /Removable/USBdisk1
- Android Media Services now searches both internal and MicroSD for media (Gallery, Music, Etc.)
- Dramatically increased boot times
- Storage controls integrated into notification area and settings menu
- Powered by Tiamat Kernel 1.4.5 OC GPU - Pre-release but proven stable in all testing to date
- Rooted with SU, Superuser, and Busybox
- Desktop UA String
- CRT Screen Off Animation (has known issues)
- Supercircle 100 point battery
- Wi-Fi Ad-Hoc Mode
- Estrongs File Explorer
- Easy charging light controls
- Init.d boot scripts enabled
- local.init.rc enabled in system/etc
- OpenVPN binary and script - Credit CyanogenMod
- Application files (apk) located in /data/tiamat_first_boot_install will be automatically installed
- Applications are zipaligned on boot
- Cron service
- Your microsd card is now mounted at /Removeable/MicroSD. Unfortuantly this means that you are no longer able to copy files directly to your sdcard over MTP.
- You must perform a wipe before installing this rom unless you are currently running the beta we released.
- If you're on a EURO 3G device, please note that this rom should install the correct build.prop for you, but you will still need to backup & push your telephony databases. See here.
That while every effort has been taken by Team Tiamat to ensure that this rom release is stable a release as possible, no guarantees are given or implied that this release does not contain bugs and/or errors that could potentially result in loss of data or functionality. Team Tiamat is not responsible for bricked tablets, dead SD cards, loss of data, loss of life and limb, or other calamity resulting from your choosing to flash this rom. Flashing of this rom constitutes acceptance of these conditions and responsibility for your own actions. If you are unsure, please do your research before jumping blindly into something you do not feel comfortable with.
Prerequisites: Clockwork Recovery (Recovery 18.104.22.168 R4Cis still recommended) and a MicroSD card for installation
- OPTIONAL, BUT RECCOMENDED: Backup your internal applications with Titanium backup
- Download the 1.1 Rom, and place it on your external sdcard
- Restart into Recovery
- Perform a nandroid backup, and keep this safe!
- Perform a factory reset within recovery (Wipe data / factory reset)
- Install the rom
- Welcome to Team Tiamat XOOM Rom - Enjoy your Stay
- Once you have setup your device, it will require a reboot for external storage to mount.
For additional information please see the Tiamat Release Source on XDA