Android OS Forum banner

[ROM] Team Tiamat XOOM Rom v-1.1 [UPDATED 6/29/2011]

4K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  Vazguard 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Team Tiamat XOOM Rom 1.1

Tiamat Rom is a fully Deodexed, and Zip Aligned stock system image.

Brought to you by the Powerhouse of Win that is Team Tiamat XOOM:

Bigrushdog
Solarnz
MadIndustries

First off a quote from Bigrushdog:
First and foremost, I would like to thank my wife Christy for putting up with the 100+ hours it took me to get the storage framework working. I told her I would be taking a break after this and I am. It is likely that the coming OTA will render most of this rom unneeded. However, I just have this thing with pwning Motorola Also, I would like to thank Roach from the Transformer team for breaking the back of the smali roadblock. Also, I have to thank Dr1337 from #xoom for making me double check the MediaProvider.apk manifest I hope you guys enjoy this rom. Be sure to read the change log and follow all instuctions when flashing. Thanks

brd
Special Mentions:
  • Roach' - For providing the keys to the castle to make this all possible
  • Kelvie - Thanks for the wpa_supplicant
  • Steady Hawkin - Init.d support
  • Jewremy - For the battery circle mod
  • Bazar6 - For fixing up the icons left over from the theming

This is a completely deodexed rom based on the stock Verizon 3G 3.1 image. This rom has been confirmed to function on Verizon 3G (MZ600) and Wi-Fi (MZ604) XOOM models. Testing is ongoing on other Xoom models and this post will be updated as additional confirmations are received.

EPIC Features
  • SDCARD Support -Fully integrated with the system including the ability to mount and unmount on the fly. Mount point has been changed to /Removable/MicroSD
  • USB OTG (On The GO) support - Integrated support for usb peripherals and storage solutions. USB storage will be automatically mounted under /Removable/USBdisk1
  • Android Media Services now searches both internal and MicroSD for media (Gallery, Music, Etc.)
  • Dramatically increased boot times
  • Storage controls integrated into notification area and settings menu

Features
  • Powered by Tiamat Kernel 1.4.5 OC GPU - Pre-release but proven stable in all testing to date
  • Rooted with SU, Superuser, and Busybox
  • Desktop UA String
  • CRT Screen Off Animation (has known issues)
  • Supercircle 100 point battery
  • Wi-Fi Ad-Hoc Mode
  • Quickboot
  • Estrongs File Explorer
  • Easy charging light controls

Advanced Features
  • Init.d boot scripts enabled
  • local.init.rc enabled in system/etc
  • OpenVPN binary and script - Credit CyanogenMod
  • Application files (apk) located in /data/tiamat_first_boot_install will be automatically installed
  • Applications are zipaligned on boot
  • Cron service
Important Notes: A MUST READ
  • Your microsd card is now mounted at /Removeable/MicroSD. Unfortuantly this means that you are no longer able to copy files directly to your sdcard over MTP.
  • You must perform a wipe before installing this rom unless you are currently running the beta we released.
  • If you're on a EURO 3G device, please note that this rom should install the correct build.prop for you, but you will still need to backup & push your telephony databases. See here.

NOTE:
That while every effort has been taken by Team Tiamat to ensure that this rom release is stable a release as possible, no guarantees are given or implied that this release does not contain bugs and/or errors that could potentially result in loss of data or functionality. Team Tiamat is not responsible for bricked tablets, dead SD cards, loss of data, loss of life and limb, or other calamity resulting from your choosing to flash this rom. Flashing of this rom constitutes acceptance of these conditions and responsibility for your own actions. If you are unsure, please do your research before jumping blindly into something you do not feel comfortable with.

Instructions

Prerequisites: Clockwork Recovery (Recovery 3.2.0.0 R4Cis still recommended) and a MicroSD card for installation

1. OPTIONAL, BUT RECCOMENDED: Backup your internal applications with Titanium backup
  2. Download the 1.1 Rom, and place it on your external sdcard
  3. Restart into Recovery
  4. Perform a nandroid backup, and keep this safe!
  5. Perform a factory reset within recovery (Wipe data / factory reset)
  6. Install the rom
  7. Welcome to Team Tiamat XOOM Rom - Enjoy your Stay
  8. Once you have setup your device, it will require a reboot for external storage to mount.

For additional information please see the Tiamat Release Source on XDA

Donate to Team Tiamat XOOM

See less See more
#2 · (Edited by Moderator)
Download Center​

Team Tiamat XOOM Rom 1.1
MD5 Checksum: 2d35aaec8ecb13bb1b61c1244a70bc24

Download Archive

Code:
<br />
[URL="http://bit.ly/jEoc7R"]Team Tiamat XOOM Rom v-1.0 HC 3.1 VZW Deodexed[/URL]<br />
MD5 Checksum: 1bc044999c4b22107f332c3a9c4dcf8d<br />
<br />
[URL="http://bit.ly/jXJYGd"]Team Tiamat XOOM Rom v-1.0 VZW 3G Activation Fix[/URL]<br />
MD5 Checksum: d2e5078d9825389d5619dbb862ea0dd8<br />
<br />
[URL="http://bit.ly/jGb8nx"]Team Tiamat XOOM Rom v-1.0 Charging Light Enable[/URL]<br />
MD5 Checksum: d8fccf5c75882194b74c7e8a935301fd<br />
<br />
[URL="http://bit.ly/j9xKpD"]Team Tiamat XOOM Rom v-1.0 Busybox Dependency Fix[/URL]<br />
MD5 Checksum: 8d9cdb4d2cb75869ef6c5786f82b09e7<br />
Tiamat Xoom Rom Change Log​

Code:
<br />
<br />
[SIZE="4"][B]Version 1.1[/B][/SIZE]<br />
<br />
[LIST]<br />
[*]Storage framework completely overhauled based on Transformer Rom Prime 1.5 (thanks Roach)<br />
[*]System now gives storage control thru status bar icon and in Settings / Storage<br />
[*]Unmount MicroSD, remove, put in another one for working Hot Swap<br />
[*]Automatically mount USB Host storage (unmount still broke do to borked vold.fstab)<br />
[*]All Android media services scan both internal and MicroSD for media (Gallery, Music, etc)<br />
[*]new native Transformer file explorer accessable thru status bar to explore all mounted storage<br />
[*]Unfortunately, USB Mass Storage is still broke. (It's turning out to be far more complex than it should be)<br />
[*]Entire rom re-signed with test key due to manifest changes for storage port. All services work 100% (Google music beta, Market, etc)<br />
[*]Implemented a variety of init.d scripts with "Tiamat Control" flags<br />
[*]Enable features by moving flags (/data/tiamat_controls) in or out of "unused" folder<br />
[*]Enable or diasble charging light while device on<br />
[*]Enable or disable logging for better battery life<br />
[*]sysctl memory tweak<br />
[*]Cron service enabled for time based scripts (put Cron scripts in /data/cron)<br />
[*]Rom zip-aligned on boot (still insanely fast boot time)<br />
[*]Included up-to-date Maps.apk and Video.apk<br />
[*]Removed bloatware (Cordy.apk, dungeondefenders.apk, and stingrayquickoffice.apk)<br />
[*]Changed back to mostly stock icons<br />
[*]Removed the charging percent text from the pull up settings.<br />
[*]When charging, it will now alternate between the battery percentage in the middle and a charging symbol<br />
[/LIST]<br />
<br />
[B]Version 1.0 - Busybox Dependency Fix[/B]<br />
<br />
[LIST]<br />
[*]Addressed dependency that the ramdisk had on busybox, specifically run-parts<br />
[/LIST]<br />
<br />
[B]Version 1.0 - Enable Charging Light[/B]<br />
<br />
[LIST]<br />
[*]Enabled LED Charging Light in Ramdisk<br />
[/LIST]<br />
<br />
[B]Version 1.0 - 3G Activation Fix[/B]<br />
<br />
[LIST]<br />
[*]Fixed permissions in /system/bin that were causing issues with 3G connections<br />
[*]Replaced framework-res.apk with a less modified version. There is no SIP calling and sms now, but the activation screens work now.<br />
[/LIST]<br />
<br />
TIPS​

Turning the charging light off
Using root explorer, or other file manager that gives you enough control, move the "enableChargingLight" file in /data/tiamat_controls into the directory /data/tiamat_controls/not_in_use​

Automatically installing applications when you flash the rom:
In the zip file, under the directory "data" there is a directory called "tiamat_first_boot_install". You can place all of your apk files that you want installed when you first boot in there. This is useful for applications such as Thumb Keyboard and Titanium Backup​

#5 ·
Everything you see in that picture except the integral screenshot function is currently in Tiamat 1.1. The integral screenshot mod will most likely be ready sometime later today.

#7 ·
TDRaul said:
OK so I'm not missing something. I reflashed it cause it didn't look like the picture. So far I am enjoying it. The only thing I dont like is if you unmount the SD card you have to reboot to remount it. Nit a big issue sine boot time is super fast now.
If you unmount the SD Card, you have to physically remove and re-insert the card at which point it will auto mount the card again.

Glad to hear you are enjoying it so far.

#8 ·
Nusince said:
If you unmount the SD Card, you have to physically remove and re-insert the card at which point it will auto mount the card again.

Glad to hear you are enjoying it so far.
Hmm I tried once and it didn't remount. In fact, it was the first thing I tried lol. Unmounted fine, I took the SD out, reinserted it, and nothing happened. The icon remained gone. I waited several minutes, but then had to reboot. I'll try it out again though.

I am loving the ROM so far. Really like having the SD an integral part of the system, being able to control/access it from the bar, etc. Just finishing my set-up and about to start testing some speeds. On 1.0 I was able to run 1.7GhZ for a little bit, but sometimes would crash if watching videos or something like that. 1.6 was no problem all day long tho. Boot animation is awesome, and definitely much quicker! Love that!

Overall, this is another great release that we've come to know and expect from Team Tiamat. I own several Android phones and they are all rooted and Rommed, and while I've seen some devs do some pretty great things on different devices, I have yet to see anyone impact a device as much as Tiamat with the Xoom! The difference between stock and Tiamat is just so unbelievable due to all the great, core functionality Team T has enabled us to access. Really amazing. A big thanks to them. Not to put any other devs on blast, they all have my respect, but Team Tiamat is at the top of my list. Gonna go test some more and get back here. Enjoy everyone.

#9 ·
*EDIT to above*

Yea, my SD card definitely does not get remounted. I waited a little over 7 minutes that time. Both times I've needed to reboot to re-mount. Along the same lines, while I can mount and use externals such as flash drives via an OTG cable just fine, every time I try to unmount them I get an error saying the disk can't be unmounted. I haven't been over to XDA to see if there is any similar behavior being reported, but I'll look into it today and report back if I find anything.

P.S. Nusince: Are you a member of, or related to, team Tiamat?

#10 ·
andr0id23 said:
*EDIT to above*

Yea, my SD card definitely does not get remounted. I waited a little over 7 minutes that time. Both times I've needed to reboot to re-mount. Along the same lines, while I can mount and use externals such as flash drives via an OTG cable just fine, every time I try to unmount them I get an error saying the disk can't be unmounted. I haven't been over to XDA to see if there is any similar behavior being reported, but I'll look into it today and report back if I find anything.

P.S. Nusince: Are you a member of, or related to, team Tiamat?
Something is odd because auto mount is fully integrated and supported and should function on your XOOM without any issues. Please join #xoom on freenode if you continue to have issues with automount and we can hopefully resolve the problems that you are having.

Yes, I am a member of Team Tiamat XOOM.

#12 ·
Nusince said:
Something is odd because auto mount is fully integrated and supported and should function on your XOOM without any issues. Please join #xoom on freenode if you continue to have issues with automount and we can hopefully resolve the problems that you are having.

Yes, I am a member of Team Tiamat XOOM.
I've tried a few more times and it just won't mount unless I reboot :-( I can "unmount" just fine, but it just will not read the card when I put it back in. No SD icon in notification area and can't access it from Root Explorer either. I'll jump in #xoom. Maybe ill try a fresh install first :-(

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.