Optional:: Custom Settings

Requires Root:: Yes

Optional:: Requires GApps

Android Version:: 4.2.2 (JB)

Source:: https://github.com/Crossbones

mwielgosz - Lead Developer​
IT_Blackbelt - Developer​
Current version: 2.3.3

This custom Android project is built off of Google android-4.2.2_r1.2 source code.

The FEATURE list can be found here
The CHANGELOG can be found here
These are always updated to the latest changes to the source code

Source code:
https://github.com/Crossbones

-----------------------------

We would like to give a special thanks to http://www.goo.im for hosting our buildbot and server. If you have an AOSP project and would like to utilize the buildbot for your project, please signup at http://goo.im/signup
This is the single best tool we have to our disposal.

Installation instructions:
* Wipe your phone through recovery
* Flash ROM
* Flash gapps
* Reboot

Download links:
ROM: 2.3.3 Download
Optional: Gapps

Previous versions:
Jellybean-4.2.2:
* Crossbones v2.3.2
* Crossbones v2.3.1
* Crossbones v2.3.0
Jellybean-4.2.1:
* Crossbones v2.2.2
Jellybean-4.1:
* Crossbones v2.0.0
Ice Cream Sandwich:
* Crossbones v0.4.1
* Crossbones v0.3.1
* Crossbones v0.3.0
* Crossbones v0.2.0
* Crossbones v0.1.3

Screenshots

Developer Information:
Follow [twitter]Xbones_dev[/twitter] on twitter for updates.
Email: [email protected]
IRC: Server - Freenode Channel - #crossbones

·
THEMER
354 Posts
Reserved for information concerning the Savaged-Zen Kernel

Version 0.2.0 is currently supplied with this ROM
Your profile Pic reminds me of a game I played in middle school on the computer had something to do with ski'ing down a slope, is that it? Lol sorry for being off topic

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Your profile Pic reminds me of a game I played in middle school on the computer had something to do with ski'ing down a slope, is that it? Lol sorry for being off topic
Its the Yeti from SkiFree back from the Windows 3.1 days. You can actually download it and play on any windows computer or a Linux box with wine.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G

·
Android Addict
107 Posts
When I flashed the ROM I and when it loaded it couldn't connect to my wireless or my wifi any ideas would be appreciated

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
When I flashed the ROM I and when it loaded it couldn't connect to my wireless or my wifi any ideas would be appreciated
Try flashing a different kernel. Give Savaged-Zen 0.0.1c a shot as I'm pretty sure it was confirmed working on that. I would bet its kernel related though.

Please report back as it will help me fix this issue. I do not have the device to test myself.

Thanks

Sent from my Nexus S 4G

·
Registered
104 Posts
Wifi worked for me, but I couldn't get wireless. The phone seemed very slow/choppy as well. I agree that this may be kernel related.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using RootzWiki

·
Supporting Member
471 Posts

Current version: 0.1.2

ROM base is built off of Google android-4.0.3_r1 source code.
This is no longer simply a stock build of Ice Cream Sandwich.

The Savaged-Zen Kernel (0.2.0) is included in the ROM which was modified from the stock Google kernel source code.

The entire Crossbones project is a continuation of the Savaged-Zen ROMs and kernels, so it's only appropriate to include the Savaged-Zen kernel!

We would like to give a special thanks to http://www.goo-inside.me for hosting our buildbot and server. If you have an AOSP project and would like to utilize the buildbot for your project, please contact me and we will get you set up! This is the single best tool we have to our disposal. Thank you snipa!

News:
* [1/7] Galaxy Nexus CDMA build released

Development plan:
* The alpha stage (0.0.X) will be focusing on properly branding the ROM and making sure that it is a solid base.
* The beta stage (0.X.0) will be focusing on custom tweaks, kernels, and modifications.
* The stable stage (X.0.0) will be focusing on fixing any left over issues from the beta stage.

Source code:
https://github.com/Crossbones

Installation instructions:
* Wipe your phone through recovery
* Flash ROM
* Flash gapps
* Reboot

Download links: (Changelog below)
Current Version: 0.1.2
ROM Downloads
Gapps

Previous versions:
(Not available for Galaxy Nexus)
* Crossbones v0.1.1
* Crossbones v0.1.0
* Crossbones v0.0.2
* Crossbones v0.0.1

Unsupported Versions: (No longer available for download)
(Not available for Galaxy Nexus)
* Crossbones AOSP base build 2
* Crossbones AOSP base build 1

Changelog

0.1.2:
* Savaged-Zen kernel added for Galaxy Nexus builds
* Fixed long SMS message send (with code I wrote for CM as my first Android project)
* Added Crossbones bootanimation

0.1.1:
* NSTools is now actually included - I've worked with arifhn to make this possible. You will also be able to download NSTools updates from the market if arifhn releases a new version!
* Camcorder and picture editing effects have been fixed
* Only en_US versions will be built. Less compilation time and I don't have translators for new features.
* Backend changes for allowing the ROM to be built on other Linux distros than just Ubuntu. (I did this specifically for Gentoo as I use Gentoo)

0.1.0:
* Crossbones kernel 0.1.0 added
* New gapps
* Face Unlock fixed
* NSTools added - built from source into ROM
* Settings > About phone > Rom version added

0.0.2:
* Fixed MMS receive
* New gapps now have YouTube
* Fixed missing apps from Market (Including Google Wallet)
* Fixed long SMS message garble - converts SMS > 160 characters into MMS

0.0.1:
* Crossbones brand initial release
* Superuser builds from ChainsDD source, no longer required to flash
* Stock Nexus X boot animation restored - Crossbones boot animation is in the works
* All Live Wallpapers from ICS added
* Multiple changes to how filenames are created when building ROM

AOSP Base Build 2:
* Flashing no longer overwrites custom recovery
* Added some strings while flashing zip
* Fixed minor file naming issues

AOSP Base Build 1:
* Initial release of Crossbones ROM AOSP base. This will be used as the base for building the custom ROM.

Developer Information:
Follow [twitter]Xbones_dev[/twitter] on twitter for updates.
Email: [email protected]
WHOAAAAA.....Mike whats up brotha. U prolly dont even rememba me from the EVO 4G day LOL....Damn this gets better and better. Installing now. Good to see all u guys here man. Ahh this weekend turned out to be ridiculous!!!!!

·
Supporting Member
471 Posts
WHOAAAAA.....Mike whats up brotha. U prolly dont even rememba me from the EVO 4G day LOL....Damn this gets better and better. Installing now. Good to see all u guys here man. Ahh this weekend turned out to be ridiculous!!!!!
Hmm....No Data or signal for that matter after flash....wierd

·
Supporting Member
471 Posts
I believe I have found the issue. Will be sending out to my testers before I post. Lookout for an update!
Yup I'll be keeping an eye out through out the day. Thanks mike

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

·
Incognito
1,164 Posts
hate to be repetitive cuz i've tried most rom/kernel combo's and found this data issue to be apparent, i'm about to flash yours, i'm curious to know what the issue was. Thanks in advanced

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
hate to be repetitive cuz i've tried most rom/kernel combo's and found this data issue to be apparent, i'm about to flash yours, i'm curious to know what the issue was. Thanks in advanced
The issue was related to proprietary binaries. Google has self-extracting packages that contain the binaries needed for their supported phones...but for some reason (my guess is that Verizon doesn't like people rooting their devices), not all of the required binaries are supplied in Google's package. Therefore you need to extract them from a device or find them elsewhere and add them in manually.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.