Android OS Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm happily using Tweaked but I've noticed one problem though I suspect this is something tmobile did in their latest build. I can't seem to be able to turn off Amber Alerts (or the other alerts.)

I care about kids and all, but when my phone wakes me up at 2AM it just makes me mad. Am I missing something? If not, is there a chance you could add it as configurable in the next build?

·
Consummate tinkerer
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Holy feedback on rootz!

What Mms are you using? In theory you should be able to deselect any alert type of message with the exception of presidential - just open mms, hit menu and go to Settings, then scroll down and click on Emergency alerts. There you should be able to deselect Amber alerts. Fwiw I am currently using the sgs4 mms - I'll have to verify similar locations on the other two.

Let me know if that helps :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
I would have posted this on xda but it won't let me till I have 10 non-dev posts.

Is there a git repo or something that you have tweaked in? I'd gladly try to help porting to 4.3 if you can point me to some code.

·
Consummate tinkerer
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I would have posted this on xda but it won't let me till I have 10 non-dev posts.

Is there a git repo or something that you have tweaked in? I'd gladly try to help porting to 4.3 if you can point me to some code.
No, this was all smali/apktool-hacked on my laptop. I will be starting to look at things in a few days though. I need a little time to get the lay of the land, but I would be down for passing off some of the work if you are really interested :)

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.