Android OS Forum banner
81 - 100 of 140 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
40 Posts
dfgas said:
Alright, so lets take a vote, just leave it or update all the apps I added and the new market with your navigator back in,
should i or shouldn't i?
you should :D

·
Android Apprentice
43 Posts
scarmon25 said:
Sounds like a radio issue. When you can't call or text do you have internet/data access. And what exactly happens with the calls
What happens when you dial out and send a text.

Tap-a-Talked from my CM7'd Mesmerize :)
I didn't get to reflash the phone until yesterday afternoon, but I followed your advice about the formatter... Here's what I did:

1. Odin EE19 with repartition checked
2. boot first time into stock rom
3. odin CWM 3
4. flash rfs formatter
5. flash HZ57

Several times throughout the evening I checked the status of the radio by calling my voicemail - and it worked every time. I was very happy. This morning, I checked again, and it was working... awesome. However this morning, I checked at work and it's not working...
What happens is the 6 tiles on the bottom of the dialer screen, top middle will say "Cancel" until the call is actually connected, at which point it changes to "End", well that never happens. It sits there with "Cancel" displayed for a few seconds, then goes to the screen that I think is shown when the other end hangs up but you don't (?).
I had wifi turned on at that point, so I checked data, it's working... I disabled wifi and checked data again, and it's not working.
At that point only, and no sooner, did I see the circle with the line through it icon in the status bar indicating that I had no service.
I long pressed power button and activated airplane mode, then again to deactivate. Now things are working, but this is exactly the issue I described originally...
This only happens to me if I use HZ or PnP. CM7 or MIUI never did this to me.
Now that I have reflashed using the RFS formatter and all that jazz and it's not solved the problem, I don't know what else to do... should I try to flash just the radio portion somehow over top of what I have? Please help!

EDIT: After writing this post I tried again, and this time I noticed the 3G icon was gone from notification area, but I had a couple of signal bars showing... I tried to call voice mail and it switched to the "no service" icon. I long pressed power and it said airplane mode is ON, I toggled that then checked again and it worked... so somehow airplane mode is being activated on it's own maybe.... dunno.

·
Premium Member
3,873 Posts
canaanp said:
I didn't get to reflash the phone until yesterday afternoon, but I followed your advice about the formatter... Here's what I did:

1. Odin EE19 with repartition checked
2. boot first time into stock rom
3. odin CWM 3
4. flash rfs formatter
5. flash HZ57

Several times throughout the evening I checked the status of the radio by calling my voicemail - and it worked every time. I was very happy. This morning, I checked again, and it was working... awesome. However this morning, I checked at work and it's not working...
What happens is the 6 tiles on the bottom of the dialer screen, top middle will say "Cancel" until the call is actually connected, at which point it changes to "End", well that never happens. It sits there with "Cancel" displayed for a few seconds, then goes to the screen that I think is shown when the other end hangs up but you don't (?).
I had wifi turned on at that point, so I checked data, it's working... I disabled wifi and checked data again, and it's not working.
At that point only, and no sooner, did I see the circle with the line through it icon in the status bar indicating that I had no service.
I long pressed power button and activated airplane mode, then again to deactivate. Now things are working, but this is exactly the issue I described originally...
This only happens to me if I use HZ or PnP. CM7 or MIUI never did this to me.
Now that I have reflashed using the RFS formatter and all that jazz and it's not solved the problem, I don't know what else to do... should I try to flash just the radio portion somehow over top of what I have? Please help!

EDIT: After writing this post I tried again, and this time I noticed the 3G icon was gone from notification area, but I had a couple of signal bars showing... I tried to call voice mail and it switched to the "no service" icon. I long pressed power and it said airplane mode is ON, I toggled that then checked again and it worked... so somehow airplane mode is being activated on it's own maybe.... dunno.
It's a known bug that airplane mode will force itself on in low service areas. Not sure there is a good fix for it though.

·
Android Apprentice
43 Posts
Hmm, dunno if this is it, but if it is I'll sh!t my pants... I went into settings, wireless & network, mobile networks. Data roaming was checked, and in system selection I have "Home Only", "Automatic A" and "Automatic B", NONE of them were checked. I checked auto A, could that have been the problem??

·
Supporting Member
783 Posts
It is possible yes. Only time will tell. But not having the right areas enabled can cause issues like that. Didn't even think about that.

·
Try to Keep UP
330 Posts
I seem to be having issues with the email program. I get a series of FC when trying to view email. I tried to recover with TI backup and nothing changed. I attempted to uninstall but it fails. Anybody know a way to re install the email app?

·
Supporting Member
783 Posts
You will have to pull it from the roms zip file and paste it in system>app. Then set the permissions to rw-r-r and reboot.

81 - 100 of 140 Posts