Android OS Forum banner
101 - 120 of 140 Posts

·
Try to Keep UP
330 Posts
Ok, I reflashed 1.2, then 1.3 upgrade and still get FC all the time but the FC message does not stay up long enough to read. Email still does not work. The phone just sitting on my desk will give me constant vibrates followed by three like a FC but no message. I really don't want to have to ODIN the radio again and start over...any thoughts. Nothing was different from yesterday to today as far as apps or new stuff goes, just started acting up.

·
Supporting Member
783 Posts
I've had that happen on Heinz. Honestly then only way I was able tto fix it was to do a fresh flash if Heinz or data wipe and reinstall all my apps one by one. Not using TB or anything other then the apk files themselves. An easy way to do that was copy the data>app folder over to the SD card. Then once you're done just go through and reinstall them one at a time. I'm sure there's another way but that was what I had to do. Something about my phone and.Heinz led to force close hell. Hope that helps.

Tap-a-Talked from my CM7'd Mesmerize :)

·
Supporting Member
170 Posts
"1fast72 said:
I'm itching for an update. Not ready for the cm7 yet.
The MIUI is running really well.

·
Supporting Member
783 Posts
Also the new version of CM7 is rock solid. So you have your pick. MIUI or CM7. Both are pretty much fully functional.

Tap-a-Talked from my Mesmerize
Running CM7 @1.2ghz w/ Tk-Glitch ML Kernel.

Much love for all the Dev's working to advance the Mesmerize and Fascinate. :) You guys Rock! :)

·
Android Lover
109 Posts
scarmon25 said:
Also the new version of CM7 is rock solid. So you have your pick. MIUI or CM7. Both are pretty much fully functional.

Running CM7 @1.2ghz w/ Tk-Glitch ML Kernel.

Much love for all the Dev's working to advance the Mesmerize and Fascinate. :) You guys Rock! :)
Not to be nit picky, but CM7 and MIUI are not rock solid. They still have quirks that need to be ironed out. What works for you may not work well for someone else, situations on how 2 users use the phone are entirely different.

Sensors (Moving phone away from face when in call to show screen and end the call is still touch and go if it works.Most times I have to press the power key to wake up the screen - Tried many kernels all the same)
Accelerometers are slow and need a driver re-write, so if you use any apps/games that rely on those its NOT going to work
MMS with Wifi is still buggy
GPS takes forever to lock even with GPS Status and AGPS download.
Reports of Video recording totally messed up.
and many other glitches and bugs..

All I'm saying is you should refrain from saying "rock solid" because you don't know how that user is going to use the phone. What is Rock Solid for you might be an unusable mess for someone else.

Usable? Hell yes. Rock Solid?? No I dont agree.

For the most part it works, but you WILL find bugs and you need to set that expectation. Even the devs of these ROM's state the same thing, and state they are still in a very APLHA like state. And remember some of those bugs may be important for the user and may not be a good idea for them to try either of them (Just yet) until those parts are fixed!

Heinz57 by comparison to both MIUI and CM7 IS rock solid because everything works as it should because its based on a working framework (Stock Samsung ROMS) and only small none deal-breaker bugs sneak in. CM7 and MIUI are not, they are re-writes to shoehorned them to make them work. Neither are offically supported on our phones by Cyanogen or MIUI and its only the great work from the Devs converting them that are making it possible. (I also want to thank these guys too)

Just sayin'
:)

For the record I used MIUI for three weeks. I just switched back to H57 as some of the bugs are killing my use for the phone (GPS was the clincher for me.. 5 mins to get a lock was not good!). I'll go back to it again in a few weeks though for sure...

·
Android Beginner
6 Posts
I am not having any luck flashing! I updated using Kies for CS, so no debugging, then I installed the mod without Kies from post listing in here, THANKS. Then I did superoneclick method but when I reboot it turns debugging off again. So I did superoneclick again and allowed allow non market apps. Now I have rebooted as it states without success. It just vibrates, so now I am reloading with Odin. Once I do this and use superonelick install what steps will I take? I have this zip file on my sd but each time I tried to install it gave and E drive error. All input would be quite appreciated!

·
Android Lover
109 Posts
immobileman said:
I am not having any luck flashing! I updated using Kies for CS, so no debugging, then I installed the mod without Kies from post listing in here, THANKS. Then I did superoneclick method but when I reboot it turns debugging off again. So I did superoneclick again and allowed allow non market apps. Now I have rebooted as it states without success. It just vibrates, so now I am reloading with Odin. Once I do this and use superonelick install what steps will I take? I have this zip file on my sd but each time I tried to install it gave and E drive error. All input would be quite appreciated!
All you have to do is to ODIN stock on, then ODIN CWM3, copy the Zip to the SD Card. Pull battery and put back in and Boot to recovery (Hold both volume keys and power when samsung flashes let go of power) then flash the zip from within CWM3. You dont use Kies, super oneclick or anything like that at all

Read here: http://rootzwiki.com/showthread.php...rom-Stock-USCC-Mesmerize-gt-Custom-Rom-Kernel

Its the same steps with the CS, but just make sure you use CS ROMS and not Mesmerize

·
Android Beginner
6 Posts
Thanks Cythrawl! My screen is red, do I boot from sd update zip or voodoo? I am updating the CWM. After this i will use odin and place the Heinz in the PDA and do the same?

·
Android Beginner
6 Posts
ok my first screen was red but it I said update from sd and the screen turned yellow then rebooted. So now I will do the same with Heinz and odin, correct?

·
Android Beginner
6 Posts
I reread, it says mounting mount points so I think I'm on my way. It's on a red screen, at the bottom it says update complete and up top I suppose I choose to apply update.

·
Android Lover
109 Posts
Hey Dfgas,
I just went back to H57 from MIUI as I was having some issues with some apps in MIUI due to the accelerometers and GPS. I tried 1.2 (with 1.3 update) and I would get crashes at least 6 times a day on the lockscreen. It would vibrate and the screen would not respond and then it would do a hot reboot (not a full reboot) I tried the different kernels and such and it was the same. I am back on 1.1 and its solid as a rock. Thing is the log files clear out when it reboots so I cant give you any specifics on what was causing it. I did have a custom wallpaper on the Lockscreen and I tried several different lockscreens too.

I also tried a reflash to stock and re-install of the ROM this morning and it locked on me again.. But its fine with 1.1 so far.. (of course on 1.1 you cant set custom wallpapers for the lock screen)

I'm suspecting its the newer TSM parts, but do you have any ideas?

·
Android Apprentice
46 Posts
Cythrawl said:
Hey Dfgas,
I just went back to H57 from MIUI as I was having some issues with some apps in MIUI due to the accelerometers and GPS. I tried 1.2 (with 1.3 update) and I would get crashes at least 6 times a day on the lockscreen. It would vibrate and the screen would not respond and then it would do a hot reboot (not a full reboot) I tried the different kernels and such and it was the same. I am back on 1.1 and its solid as a rock. Thing is the log files clear out when it reboots so I cant give you any specifics on what was causing it. I did have a custom wallpaper on the Lockscreen and I tried several different lockscreens too.

I also tried a reflash to stock and re-install of the ROM this morning and it locked on me again.. But its fine with 1.1 so far.. (of course on 1.1 you cant set custom wallpapers for the lock screen)

My fiancee's phone had the same stuff happen but she didn't come from miui, she just came from stock EE19. She wasn't really happy with all the battery pulls to reboot either :p

·
Supporting Member
783 Posts
Same here. At the time, me and my wife both had come from the ec10 pick n pack and had run Heinz for a little bit when I started noticing it. She is still on Heinz and has the issue occasionally. But I will say its not anywhere near as often as your describing. Maybe once or twice a week at most.

CM7 @ 1.2ghz w/ Tk-Glitch ML Kernel

·
Supporting Member
783 Posts
Found a surprise.in ROM manager. Looks like Heinz is going to go in a new direction and its gonna be sweet too. Dfgas. You are the man.

·
Supporting Member
170 Posts
"scarmon25 said:
Found a surprise.in ROM manager. Looks like Heinz is going to go in a new direction and its gonna be sweet too. Dfgas. You are the man.

Ya I noticed that also he is realty doing some awesome work for this phone.

Sent from my I500
MIUI ROM
thanks developers

·
Premium Member
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #119 ·
"Cythrawl said:
Hey Dfgas,

Run rfs formator then flash rom and so on

·
Android Lover
109 Posts
dfgas said:
Run rfs formator then flash rom and so on
Already did that twice in fact, and I used the Samsung PST to put the phone back to stock (which isn't Odin - internal tool at USCC) just for good measure. Its just not stable for me with 1.2/1.3 for some reason.. 1.1 it has no issues... Been getting a lot of SMS messages recently and that also seems to be tied to it. Dunno wish I could get a logfile or something just to see.. Silly android phones.. :)

I may give it another try later this week. Try re-formatting the memory card and stuff too just to be sure and I'll report back.

101 - 120 of 140 Posts