Android OS Forum banner
41 - 60 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Wifi is still active when waking phone from sleep? My wifi would be disconnected when waking my phone then reconnect after 20 seconds, thats what the firmware from DH was for to fix that & bluetooth audio skipping.
Let me see if WiFi is still on. Give me a few mins I have to restore to stock kernel I been flashing test builds for a custom kernel for 5.0. Just can't get WiFi to turn on...how long should I let phone sleep before I wake to see?

·
Android Expert
395 Posts
Let me see if WiFi is still on. Give me a few mins I have to restore to stock kernel I been flashing test builds for a custom kernel for 5.0. Just can't get WiFi to turn on...how long should I let phone sleep before I wake to see?
About 2 minutes after phone screen turned off, turn it back on and check if Wi-Fi is still connected

·
Android Expert
395 Posts
you are right. Wifi goes off but comes rt back on when wake. I don't use Bluetooth an WiFi thing nbd to me so I really don't need no custom firmware rt? My battery life is great all day
Your right if you don't mind the WiFi issue than the firmware isn't necessary. Battery is superb on this Rom indeed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I see there's a new build up that's based directly on my latest release. Not to be that guy...but were you going to ask permission to kang my source...or just keep posting my work as your own? You gave HolyAngel credit for the base, but I don't see a word mentioned for the mass of custom mods I've been making to GPE for ages now.

Not cool.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Here, let me save you the trouble.

Hot off the presses.

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95784891001616284
MD5: b8cf3813d572699727fd1ba2cb868829
Oh cool, you're broken 11/25 release. How generous of you. You realize that the only thing I saw that you changed in your GPe ROM from holyangel's release was the Verizon stuff, right? You added some of Google's apps, and I think you tried to fix bluetooth at one point (not in my 1.0). Pretty sure you left holyangel's installer and name and everything. I assumed it was his base with VZW stuff. I'm pretty sure I removed most of the tweaks you made as well, short of mine that I've been using. If you want credit, that's fine.

Oh, and I see in your thread that you decided to kang all of the tweaks I made to the ROM to eliminate lag and make the ROM, you know, usable. I don't remember you asking for those legitimate changes, but that's fine too.

Tell you what, I'll kill my ROM and let you take my changes and run with them. Just added your name to the credits anyway, though. We good?

·
Android Beginner
26 Posts
Oh cool, you're broken 11/25 release. How generous of you. You realize that the only thing I saw that you changed in your GPe ROM from holyangel's release was the Verizon stuff, right? You added some of Google's apps, and I think you tried to fix bluetooth at one point (not in my 1.0). Pretty sure you left holyangel's installer and name and everything. I assumed it was his base with VZW stuff. I'm pretty sure I removed most of the tweaks you made as well, short of mine that I've been using. If you want credit, that's fine.

Oh, and I see in your thread that you decided to kang all of the tweaks I made to the ROM to eliminate lag and make the ROM, you know, usable. I don't remember you asking for those legitimate changes, but that's fine too.

Tell you what, I'll kill my ROM and let you take my changes and run with them. Just added your name to the credits anyway, though. We good?
Don't kill it man! Can't we all just get along?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
It's up to him. If he's got beef, I'll respect him and let it be. If he says we're good, we're good.
I just think it's hysterical that he brags about "his release" being "buttery smooth. (Which could be taken the wrong way...lol) Can you really honestly take credit for a ROM's performance when you didn't have all that much to do with it?

"Just say'in"

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
I just think it's hysterical that he brags about "his release" being "buttery smooth. (Which could be taken the wrong way...lol) Can you really honestly take credit for a ROM's performance when you didn't have all that much to do with it?

"Just say'in"
I'm not sure what you're talking about...

·
Registered
6 Posts

Whatever man. Do whatever it is that you do. I looked at the build you uploaded today, and we both know you're more or less dumping and stripping my ROM, slapping new init.d scripts on it, and calling it your own. The dtb.img to make it boot is from my ROM. The build props I figured out to make data work correctly are from my ROM. And the framework-res mods that I'm guessing you can't even see because you can't decompile the file are from my ROM. You're not using my "initial port"...you're using the whole thing.

And that's fine. Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery. You've got a fanclub here, complete with peanut gallery, and I'm happy for you.

So no, don't kill your ROM. But if you want to use my stuff in the future, it sure would be nice of you to ask. And yes, I am going to use your sql injection method to tweak some settings in some DB's, but that's about it. It's the right way to do it, and as I'm sure you read - you already knew I was working on something similar for fixing screen casting. The *actual* release I'll put up today will not have any of your "tweaks" aside from that. I don't need them, nor does the ROM.

And that's that. You won't see me here again.

41 - 60 of 79 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.