Android OS Forum banner
61 - 79 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Whatever man. Do whatever it is that you do. I looked at the build you uploaded today, and we both know you're more or less dumping and stripping my ROM, slapping new init.d scripts on it, and calling it your own. The dtb.img to make it boot is from my ROM. The build props I figured out to make data work correctly are from my ROM. And the framework-res mods that I'm guessing you can't even see because you can't decompile the file are from my ROM. You're not using my "initial port"...you're using the whole thing.

And that's fine. Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery. You've got a fanclub here, complete with peanut gallery, and I'm happy for you.

So no, don't kill your ROM. But if you want to use my stuff in the future, it sure would be nice of you to ask. And yes, I am going to use your sql injection method to tweak some settings in some DB's, but that's about it. It's the right way to do it, and as I'm sure you read - you already knew I was working on something similar for fixing screen casting. The *actual* release I'll put up today will not have any of your "tweaks" aside from that. I don't need them, nor does the ROM.

And that's that. You won't see me here again.
I'm sure glad you're proud of all you "figured out". Which I'm sure means what you've googled and saw that others already knew for awhile. I'm glad you can call that your work. Hell, I've known for a long time what to copy and paste to make a ROM work on Verizon. I recently did it with the G2. And yes, I know what you changed in framework-res as well. That's also a common change that I put into ROMs a long ass time ago. Perhaps you copied my stuff? That is flattering. Feel free to keep your google-fu and stay up on your high horse, though. There's a reason you looked for changes in Vanillipop (cause it runs better), but you can continue to deny it. Oh, and for the record, 1.1 wasn't a release. I was testing what you broke next.

EDIT: Oh and I love how you took your pissing contest to my thread instead of your's. You trying to hide something from your users? Like the fact that I used your base, I admitted to that, but I thought it was mostly holyangel's. And that you used other people's work, such as mine, to get your issues fixed on your ROM? I looked at your changes and they stink of what myself and others have been sharing for years.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm sure glad you're proud of all you "figured out". Which I'm sure means what you've googled and saw that others already knew for awhile. I'm glad you can call that your work. Hell, I've known for a long time what to copy and paste to make a ROM work on Verizon. I recently did it with the G2. And yes, I know what you changed in framework-res as well. That's also a common change that I put into ROMs a long ass time ago. Perhaps you copied my stuff? That is flattering. Feel free to keep your google-fu and stay up on your high horse, though. There's a reason you looked for changes in Vanillipop (cause it runs better), but you can continue to deny it. Oh, and for the record, 1.1 wasn't a release. I was testing what you broke next.

EDIT: Oh and I love how you took your pissing contest to my thread instead of your's. You trying to hide something from your users? Like the fact that I used your base, I admitted to that, but I thought it was mostly holyangel's. And that you used other people's work, such as mine, to get your issues fixed on your ROM? I looked at your changes and they stink of what myself and others have been sharing for years.
Yeah, sorry. Never heard of you or your "work" until I saw your kang thread on XDA.

Also, I've never run your $hit ROM. But if you want to pretend your broke as$ scripts are making it better, great. Keep them.

And bringing it to your thread? I guess you missed the part where this thread was linked and they asked what the difference was, and I said "nothing, it's a blatant kang".

Because again...it is. It's a basic, derivative kang. And if I'm wrong, if it's so much better than mine...then by all means, let your six users here have a ball with it. You can say whatever you want about me, but the fact remains that you haven't done one original thing here...and you probably won't ever.

Have fun with your kang rom on your spammy kang site.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've tried both in the past few days, no knocking anything, I installed vanilla last night and Damn! Everything works! No stalls anywhere, no buggy anything. It's like factory. (but better) this is literally the smoothest ROM I've run that isn't sense based. Keep it up! BTW 4.4.4 firmware if anyone cares lol.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Yeah, sorry. Never heard of you or your "work" until I saw your kang thread on XDA.

Also, I've never run your $hit ROM. But if you want to pretend your broke as$ scripts are making it better, great. Keep them.

And bringing it to your thread? I guess you missed the part where this thread was linked and they asked what the difference was, and I said "nothing, it's a blatant kang".

Because again...it is. It's a basic, derivative kang. And if I'm wrong, if it's so much better than mine...then by all means, let your six users here have a ball with it. You can say whatever you want about me, but the fact remains that you haven't done one original thing here...and you probably won't ever.

Have fun with your kang rom on your spammy kang site.
Welcome back. So, you're saying that a GPe ROM should be much different than stock GPe? Like 99% of the GPe ROMs that have ever been weren't using the stock base? Interesting. Also interesting that using it is kanging to you. If you're talking about the Verizon changes you put in your ROM, I'm sorry but you had to kang them as well from someone else. Pretty sure you were discussing those changes with other devs in your thread. They've existed long before your ROMs. I would know.

Also, are you now denying that you said you were taking my tweaks? You posted that in your thread, and briefly mentioned it again here. That's funny. It's all good though. Are you even aware of the differences? And I'm not talking about that 1.1 that I didn't release. Why don't you take a look at my actual 1.1 release.

As far was what I will do, clearly you've never bothered looking at my work before. I usually lead the way in changes that are adopted by others. Look around. I've been on XDA longer than you as well, so don't bother bashing rootz users as that went unnoticed by you apparently.

And for your sake, I won't compare the huge following for ROMs I've had in the past vs yours.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I love the ROM overall, its very nice! But I seem to be experiencing problems at least once a day that the screen freezes or just shuts down at random. Both issues require a reset by holding the power button and volume buttons at the same time. Any advice?

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
I love the ROM overall, its very nice! But I seem to be experiencing problems at least once a day that the screen freezes or just shuts down at random. Both issues require a reset by holding the power button and volume buttons at the same time. Any advice?
Did you install the updated firmware?

·
Registered
4 Posts
i dont know which one to install. I've tried two different versions flashing them through recovery and both said failed. I am somewhat new to this, so I dont want to lose my s-off, can you point me to directions and/or the right file to flash?

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
i dont know which one to install. I've tried two different versions flashing them through recovery and both said failed. I am somewhat new to this, so I dont want to lose my s-off, can you point me to directions and/or the right file to flash?
You don't flash it in recovery. You can either put it on the root of your sdcard and reboot to HBOOT, or you can reboot to fastboot and push it from your PC.

Here's digitalhigh's custom firmware file. I would use that one:

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95784891001614125

61 - 79 of 79 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.