Requires Root:: Yes

Optional:: Requires GApps

Android Version:: 4.1.1 (JB)

Source::
[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]TeamVanir presents[/background]​
[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]VanirAOSP[/background]
[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]
[/background]

Please note, none of the developers have a GSM phone on which to test. So we value your feedback in smashing any bugs.

Features

Based off of AOSP Jelly Bean 4.1.1
Rooted & Busybox
SuperSU - Chainfire
Lean and smooth
PopcornKernel 11.5
Init.d/build.prop/cron/sysctl Tweaks
Beats 5.1 - Not your mother's beats!
CM T9 Dialer
Sped up nav key glow
Androcom's Speaker Proximity App (Phone -> Settings -> Speaker Proximity)
Lighter, meaner, Launcher
Battery % icon option (Settings -> Display -> Battery Percentage)
Extended Reboot Menu (with Safe Mode)
Tethering enabled
Mitch's optimized gps.conf
Debloated < 95MB ROM (before gapps)
Optimized images + zip aligned + cleaned up scripts

Changelog
v2.1
PopcornKernel v11.6
Updated to Android 4.1.1-r4 (JRO03L)
Fixed a bunch of stuff - long press back, navbar
Lots of backend optimizations
Theme Chooser
Added AOKP's Toggles
Lots of optimizations and tweaks thanks to chevycam94
Expandable volume panel and unlink notifications and system volumes
Added CellbroadcastReceiver.apk - this allows you to get emergency broadcasts
Gallery2 is now built into the rom

v2.0
We would like to welcome NuclearMistake to the team, he's already been a huge help!!
Fixed Gallery FC on Edit Picture
Fixed MMS not sending over wifi (thanks to jakeday for his new apns.conf)
Ported Long press back to kill from ICS (Settings -> Developer Options -> Kill App Back Button)
Ported NavigationBar Customization from CM9, and added the ability to have two side menu buttons (Settings -> Display -> Navigation bar)
Optimized all .ogg files in framework - thanks chevycam94
Removed Status Bar icon tint - thanks akellar and remicks
A huge hosts file for adblocking and some TCP optimizations - thanks chevycam94
No animation glow for nav bar keys
Maguro - added back all languages
Lots more back-end optimizations and tweaks, look at our github if you want to see them!

v1.0
Added Extended reboot menu (thanks solarnz), moved safe mode from long-press power off to reboot menu
Optimized and debloated
Sped up and leaned out launcher
Added SpeakerProximity app
Added battery % option (thanks rascarlo)
Lots of speed and performance tweaks
Increased Volumes
Added VanirAOSP boot animation - thanks WythDryden
Countless other things - visit our Github for the full changelog

Thanks to Peter Alfonso, CM, and the Fruits & Veggies Project for some of our source!
They are all great ROMs that we recommend you try if you ever decide to leave Vanir!

Credits
Thanks to Peter Alfonso, CM, the Fruits & Veggies Project, Rascarlo, Pawitp, AOKP, GaryD9, Androcom, Chevycam94, Team EOS, and JakeDay for code and source!
They've all done amazing things!

Download
v2.1 - Goo.im
Mirror (use second)

7/19 Gapps - Goo.im
You can pretty much use any ones that you like now, but I recommend the ones from goo.im

Instructions
1. Make sure that you are on the JB Bootloader
2. If coming from any other ROM, do a factory reset (wipe /data and /cache) and wipe /system
3. Flash ROM
4. Flash Gapps
5. Reboot

Some boots can take a while, and it may seem to get stuck at the Google screen. Don't panic, just wait it out - it will boot eventually.

IRC
[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]You can always join us in IRC at #vanir on freenode - for support or just to chill.[/background]

Donations
If you would like to thank us for our hard work, you can do so here:
Sonicxml
DHO
PrimeDirective
NuclearMistake

·
Frenetic Amnesic
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
It is a known bug on toro devices when you raise the max volume, you often need to toggle the volume prior to it registering. As the default level is much quieter. Next build will only have 12 volume steps.

·
Frenetic Amnesic
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
V2.1 is up on the mirror. Goo.im later

I think we can cross off features from many people's wishlist (see OP)

Get it.

·
Frenetic Amnesic
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
Had the gapps problem with latest nightly. But I downloaded the stable version instead, and now it's working :D I've been looking exactly after a rom like this!
Could you please elaborate?
Any problems, we would love to fix. My nightly (with TRIAGE) or sonic (boringUI).

·
Frenetic Amnesic
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #92 ·
Impressive ROM. Been testing for a while now and have a little bit of feedback from my own experience:

Everything is fast and smooth - it feels great. However, I feel that the animations have been sped up needlessly. All it creates is jittery, hyper-responsive behaviour that leaves apps trying to play catch-up. The scrolling and touch responsiveness is great - don't over do it because you really don't need to.

Theme chooser being included is a massive plus, and I'm really impressed by how it's been implemented properly into AOSP here. But on the downside, it's rendered almost obsolete by the ROM being themed already. Theme chooser themes expect a stock android base to build on so not everything is themed if certain aspects of the framework already fit the look that the author is going for. Because of this, often themes are left with odd colours like blue text which has been left over from the stock theme. This drives me nuts and can really ruin the look.

Again, this is just my opinion. At the end of the day, it's a great ROM and I recommend everybody checks it out. Just thought you'd like to hear some feedback. :)
Only my nightlies are themed. As I prefer to cook in a theme. One Day I'll get around to making a theme engine of TRIAGE,.. one day ... :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts