Android OS Forum banner
81 - 100 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Could you please elaborate?
Any problems, we would love to fix. My nightly (with TRIAGE) or sonic (boringUI).
I used this one from 17/08 http://www.emccann.net/sonicxml/VanirAOSP/Nightlies/
But that one didn't work for me with the gapps thing. So I used the stable as I stated above. I experienced zero probs. Can I get the link to yours nightly, can try if you want :)

Skickat från min Galaxy Nexus via Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
660 Posts
I used this one from 17/08 http://www.emccann.net/sonicxml/VanirAOSP/Nightlies/
But that one didn't work for me with the gapps thing. So I used the stable as I stated above. I experienced zero probs. Can I get the link to yours nightly, can try if you want :)

Skickat från min Galaxy Nexus via Tapatalk 2
All those issues have been fixed by now

Nightlies as always are at emccann.net/sonicxml

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using RootzWiki

·
Registered
660 Posts
Thanks for the 9-15 maguro nightly.unfortunately the pule notification light won't toggle off.
Thanks for the heads up. That was fixed, and the fix included in the 9/22 nightlies

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using RootzWiki

·
Frenetic Amnesic
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·

·
Registered
7 Posts
Impressive ROM. Been testing for a while now and have a little bit of feedback from my own experience:

Everything is fast and smooth - it feels great. However, I feel that the animations have been sped up needlessly. All it creates is jittery, hyper-responsive behaviour that leaves apps trying to play catch-up. The scrolling and touch responsiveness is great - don't over do it because you really don't need to.

Theme chooser being included is a massive plus, and I'm really impressed by how it's been implemented properly into AOSP here. But on the downside, it's rendered almost obsolete by the ROM being themed already. Theme chooser themes expect a stock android base to build on so not everything is themed if certain aspects of the framework already fit the look that the author is going for. Because of this, often themes are left with odd colours like blue text which has been left over from the stock theme. This drives me nuts and can really ruin the look.

Again, this is just my opinion. At the end of the day, it's a great ROM and I recommend everybody checks it out. Just thought you'd like to hear some feedback. :)

·
Frenetic Amnesic
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #92 ·
Impressive ROM. Been testing for a while now and have a little bit of feedback from my own experience:

Everything is fast and smooth - it feels great. However, I feel that the animations have been sped up needlessly. All it creates is jittery, hyper-responsive behaviour that leaves apps trying to play catch-up. The scrolling and touch responsiveness is great - don't over do it because you really don't need to.

Theme chooser being included is a massive plus, and I'm really impressed by how it's been implemented properly into AOSP here. But on the downside, it's rendered almost obsolete by the ROM being themed already. Theme chooser themes expect a stock android base to build on so not everything is themed if certain aspects of the framework already fit the look that the author is going for. Because of this, often themes are left with odd colours like blue text which has been left over from the stock theme. This drives me nuts and can really ruin the look.

Again, this is just my opinion. At the end of the day, it's a great ROM and I recommend everybody checks it out. Just thought you'd like to hear some feedback. :)
Only my nightlies are themed. As I prefer to cook in a theme. One Day I'll get around to making a theme engine of TRIAGE,.. one day ... :)

81 - 100 of 100 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.