Android OS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi,

this ROM looks very interesting. Stock and fast,
May i ask where to read more about popcornkernel?

I remember that was an outdated kernel (at least for now) that was very snappy and popular when JB was introduced. Did sonicxml continue working on this?

I am currently runnung purity and anarkia kernel on my phone and it is speedy as hell.
But i will give this a try...

Can i use my color settings script with this? And is this ROM stable enough for daily use? Some ROMs tend to slow down badly...

Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I know it is something small, but is the blue clock in the dropdown menu intended? Looks awful! :D

Would prefer the stock white one... The ROM is themable, so why theaming in the first place?

·
Registered
19 Posts
What kernel would u reccomend for this ROM that supports full color calibration... i have an issue with popconkernelm cuz it does not support something (gamma control?)

The colors look weird with my color settings (init.d)

#!/system/bin/sh
# chmod -R 755 /system/etc/init.d

echo "2500000000 3000000000 3500000000" > /sys/class/misc/colorcontrol/multiplier;
echo "0 0 12" > /sys/class/misc/colorcontrol/v1_offset;
echo -24 > /sys/module/panel_s6e8aa0/parameters/contrast;
echo 5 > /sys/devices/platform/omapdss/manager0/gamma;
echo 1 > /sys/class/backlight/s6e8aa0/acl_set;
BTW: The latest commit that concerns clock color setting, does it enable me to change the color for the statusbar clock (dropdowned)?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just downloaded it...

I have to say the ROM is very slick, and i like that everything is "hided" under the surface :D

The latest nightly changelog states that u changed from popcorn to leankernel, but after flashing popcorkernel remains. Is that intended?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I am on the latest nightly for maguro. I LOVE the speed and the subtle customisation. However i ran into a couple of issues:

*Recents Panel is fuked up. The Thumbnails are to big and scolling through lags
*Heavy scolling and usage freezes the phone
*turning on and off screen results in a SOD

I just did a complete fresh install and just flashed the latest AK kernel (#207) on top!

Any plans to release another more stable official build?

·
Registered
19 Posts
AK 207 was freezy/laggy hell on my phone. Try Faux 28m-sr. Remember to dirty flash ROM/GAPPS and then the new kernel when you're coming from AK.
No can do - AK Kernel is running flawlessly on my Gnex, and that includes multiple ROMs i tried (CM based, AOKP and AOSP).

I did a clean flash as well. I really don't know why this is so sluggish. As far as i know this ROM comes with AK Kernel as well. So there shouldn't be any problems regarding that.

Can you at least confirm that the Images in recents panel are to big?

Anyway: @nuclearmistake:

Are you aware of some issues or should the latest nightly run as good as the official release?
Looking forward to the next official - till then i'll stick to purity :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Because I simply don't want to :)
No offence, I just get about 20 % more battery life with AK 207. I will simply wait for official then. Didn't want to blame the ROM. Thanks anyway.

Galaxy Nexus / Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
I installed Vanir Nightlies dated May 11 last night, still the torch icon in quick settings is always off. If I touch it will light but immediately off not like other ROMS when I touch the icon it will on and the light continue to on until I press the icon again to off. Can you please double check on your part and if you don't have problems as I mentioned above then please advise me what to do. Your help is highly appreciated because I always encounter this problem.
I just installed the latest nightly and still there is no such issue for me... Did u dirty flash? Try a clean install. I'd guess this is a hardware issue and your flashlight-LED is fucked up, but as you say you don't encounter that problem on other ROMs...

I can't help you, i can just say that i have zero issues

1 - 15 of 15 Posts