Apply In:: CWM Recovery

Optional:: In Rom Manager

Requires Root:: Yes

Optional:: Custom Settings

Android Version:: 4.0.4 (ICS)

Source::

Welcome to ViciousMIUI for Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Orange Sleeve Font Rectangle Poster

Finally the time has come for the very 1st Galaxy Nexus MIUI V4 and with that now being fully functional! PLEASE READ the OP regarding the installation process!! Enjoy peeps!​

What works:
Everything but themes

Broken kinda:
Themes is kinda jacked do not use for now (Themes is broken because we have a hi res HD screen MIUI themers need to start making themes for our device/screen this is not the ROM)

You can theme the icons by creating am empty folder called "theme" in data/system and then apply the theme to the icons and it will work!! Thanks to (kgill7 for the heads up)

Mostly everything I tested is working with no force closing at all please if you find anything email it to me [email protected] I don't read through the forum because to many people get hostile for no reason! In my opinion the moderators should skim through and ban them.. RootzWiki was supposed to be the best experience and some of the XDA drama is coming here.... :-(

All of my builds are signed and I provide MD5SUM's for all builds I post

ALSO MAKE SURE YOU WIPE ALL BEFORE FLASHING & YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE ANY ISSUES

You can also find me now in ROM Manager!!

ViciousMIUI Galaxy-Nexus edition
Downloads:

Direct Download: http://droidvicious....2-V2-signed.zip (Updated to newest Popcorn Kernel as of 3/3/12)

Link to site: http://droidvicious....e**&p=38#post38

MD5SUM 0b1076d162b4f503a8e5ec020fc9ce9a
I can't test these because I have the CDMA version so if any issues please contact me and let me know what's up and try and provide a logcat via adb on what is crashing so I can fix it... Thanks!!!

Please see www.droidvicious.com for Sonic's Mods

If you are liking what I am doing and would like to show some love to the project you can donate to the link below!!

Attachments

·
Average Android
392 Posts
Good work Vicious!!! Wish I had a Nexus to try it out on.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

·
Registered
73 Posts
Great work! Will download after work.

·
Android Beginner
2 Posts
Hey DV glad to see you working on the Galaxy Nexus!
But the room still wont flash, its the same issue that happened when I ([twitter]AlecWiese[/twitter] on twitter) tried to flash the lte version.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi DroidVicious, How are you, I will try this in a few minutes and report back, but when I flashed your CDMA version I was getting no SD Card/Storage option and when I plugged it into the computer it did not recognize MTP nothing. I will post screenshots once I get it up in a few...

FYI: And yes I was able to flash the CDMA version on GSM Model, I edited the build.prop and the updater script

thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey DroidVicious, won't flash getting error:

"assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "toro" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "toro"
E:Error in /sdcard/ViciousMIUI-V4-Maguro-Alpha1.zip
(Status 7)

Installation aborted.

So how I got around this when I installed the CDMA version I edited the updater-script, in META-INF/com/google/android and also the build.prop in /system

So does this version fix the "no service: because when I flashed the CDMA version I got no cell service at all. hope this helps.

***update***
After updating the updater-script it's installing fine, after install I got :

Installing update...
Random offset 0x292 <---- what is that? never seen that before.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ok booted up fine (first boot takes longer)

I installed softkeys via adb:

adb install softkeys_v3.07.apk

Ok so far this is what I got:

No Superuser (at all - softkeys could not get superuser privilege)
Softkeys only home button works all other require root
No cell Service
No data service
No GPS
No WIFI (as you said in OP)
Clock Widget not centered
Not recognizing SDcard, even if I turn on Camera
Tried to open File Explorer but says there is no SDCard

***Update*** flashed su.zip from: http://rootzwiki.com...laxy-nexus-r233

I have root access now

hope this helps. Sorry can't post screenshots because it does not recognize the SDCard

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey DroidVicious, won't flash getting error:

"assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "toro" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "toro"
(Status 7)

Installation aborted.

So how I got around this when I installed the CDMA version I edited the updater-script, in META-INF/com/google/android and also the build.prop in /system

So does this version fix the "no service: because when I flashed the CDMA version I got no cell service at all. hope this helps.

***update***
After updating the updater-script it's installing fine, after install I got :

Installing update...
Random offset 0x292 <---- what is that? never seen that before.
I'm not good with editing stuff and i looked at these files and don't know what to edit, in the updater-script i believe i would change toro to maguro but the build.prop i am unsure of what to edit
would you be able to post or give me the edited build.prop and updater-script you used so i can just overwrite them in the downloaded rom and flash it thanks, i just don't want to mess anything up

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm not good with editing stuff and i looked at these files and don't know what to edit, in the updater-script i believe i would change toro to maguro but the build.prop i am unsure of what to edit
would you be able to post or give me the edited build.prop and updater-script you used so i can just overwrite them in the downloaded rom and flash it thanks, i just don't want to mess anything up
yeah you got the right idea in the build.prop just find and replace "toro" with maguro, and your all set, let me know how it works out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
yeah you got the right idea in the build.prop just find and replace "toro" with maguro, and your all set, let me know how it works out.
i got the rom installed and it's awesome, i love miui but i am having all the same problems you described in your earlier post, if i had cell and data connection everything would be good enough for me. have you found a way to get cell and data connection? maybe try and flash a radio through fastboot, specifically a gsm one because i'm thinking the phone thinks it's cdma as this was and maybe still is a cdma rom ect. ect...... but i will do some trial and error when i get home and maybe get it working and if i do i will report back!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I tried using the original build.prop (GSM Google Version) but nothing, I did that because if you look at the build.pro there are some CDMA lines in it. I will try to flash the radio see if it helps, let me know I hope Droid Vicious is seeing this, I am sure he can help alot.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hey Droid Vicious,
This looks amazing! Gonna flash asap
Have you got the wifi working? I think MIUI would be perfect for me with the addition of working wifi

Thanks so much,
Mosh

EDIT: It won't install, there's an error. Any way to bypass this?
Same error as masterurza:
assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "toro" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "toro"
(Status 7)

Also, how did you guys manage to get it working? I checked both build.prop files with notepad and there was no toro anywhere... Sorry, a bit of a newbie with this stuff

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey Droid Vicious,
This looks amazing! Gonna flash asap
Have you got the wifi working? I think MIUI would be perfect for me with the addition of working wifi

Thanks so much,
Mosh

EDIT: It won't install, there's an error. Any way to bypass this?
Same error as masterurza:
assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "toro" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "toro"
(Status 7)

Also, how did you guys manage to get it working? I checked both build.prop files with notepad and there was no toro anywhere... Sorry, a bit of a newbie with this stuff
did you change the updater-script?

it's located in the: META-INF/com/google/android

·
Registered
35 Posts
This is very good news and I want to thank you.

I can't wait until this is a stable build... but alpha/beta is also great.

·
Registered
70 Posts
did you change the updater-script?

it's located in the: META-INF/com/google/android
I can't do it for some reason...
Could you please post the file?

Thanks so much,
Mosh

EDIT: I got it working
No cellular connection, no sd card, and I didn't test wifi, but I'm pretty sure that doesn't work either :/ Any way to fix these things? SD card isn't too much of an issue, but the cellular connection would be great...

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just flashed V2 and I dont have 3g. No service with T-mobile at all to be exact. Tried to connect to my computer but It wont let me mount it. Looks to be some graphical problems too. Great progress tho. Its my second day with the nexus and so far im very impressed!

1 - 20 of 66 Posts