Android OS Forum banner

[ROM][Vision][21-05-2012][Virtuous Primadonna v1.17.0 Alpha 2] Sense 4A - 4.0.3

58K views 163 replies 45 participants last post by  joostbijl 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)

We are pleased to announce the first release of Virtuous Primo, this is based on the leaked 1.56.401.11 release RUU. We would like to give special thanks to Football for the RUU.

This build currently falls as an X-Series release, how ever it is suitable for use as a daily driver if you can live with a few bugs. We hope to have ROM feature complete as soon possible. Check bellow for a full list of what is working and what is not.

Primo is the result of a collaborative, team effort by the following developers:Working
  • HW Acceleration
  • WiFi
  • Bluetooth
  • Mobile Data, SMS, MMS & Voice Calls
  • GPS
  • Sensors (Auto Brightness is a bit iffy)
  • Audio
  • USB Storgage (No 3rd Party App Required)
  • FM Radio
  • More....
Not Working
  • Camera
  • WiFi Hotspot
  • USB Tethering
  • You tell us
Screenshots

Features

• Based on the Primo ROM (1.56.401.11).
  • Fully Deodexed
  • Ported for almost full functionality on all of supported devices
  • Heavily optimized for fluid performance and usability.
  • Overclocked kernels with numerous additional kernel modules.
  • Built-in screen state frequency scaling (1.1Ghz-307MHz/ondemand screen-on, 768Mhz-307Mhz/conservative screen-off), via custom built virtuous_oc C daemon.
  • Market-sourced applications (Gmail, Maps, Voice, etc) automatically installed on first boot into /data/app for easy removal.
  • Bloatware and unnecessary applications removed.
Supported Devices
  • Desire HD
  • Desire Z
  • Desire S
  • Incredible 2
  • Incredible S
  • Inspire 4G
  • myTouch 4G
Important Notes

• You must complete a full wipe prior to installing this ROM the first time. We also recommend wiping between upgrades, but you are welcome to try upgrading without a wipe. However, no support will be provided if you file a bug without having wiped prior to submission.
Bugs and Errors

To ease the process of reporting bugs to the team, we made a public bugtracker where you can report any bugs you found. Please make sure you read all the existing entries there to avoid doubling the errors.

The bugtracker is located here (coming soon).

Credits

Football - For the RUU
lowveld - for pointing us in right direction to fix WiFi
bangingcrazy - For testing on MT4G
xvicedice - For music playback fix

Device specific information

Warning: For G2 users:
You MUST have DesireZ HBOOT before installing this ROM ! Else it will result in a bootloop.
To do this, please follow this post.

Download :: Changelog :: More Information
(Official Website of Virtuous ROM)
Check out our forums

See less See more
#6 ·
Flashed it and been trying it out for about 2 hours on my desire z and there are a 2 things i noticed:
* The menu button doesn't work in the homescreens, but it does work in all the applications.
* When the phone is turned off and you turn it on, it's really laggy for about 2/3 sec. It only happens when the phone is locked for more then a few minutes.

Other then that it's pretty much the fastest sence rom i've ever used! A major advantage of this rom above other 4.0a ports is the working keyboard backlights and the functioning FN and sym keys!
I'm gonna try it as my DD and will report if there are some major issues!

#9 · (Edited by Moderator)
Earlier I thought I wanted a stock ICS on my Desire Z not to have lags or so, even being able to sacrifice Sense.
Well, with the launch of the One Series, RUU's and ROM's help a lot in this development.

This ROM gives a beautiful example, a glance of what is to be expected with Sense 4.0 and ICS.
Though, I still say no ROM without a working camera can be my DD. (hey, no offence or complaining about the camera development... I know exactly how it is)

Good work VirtuousTeam! ...AGAIN... or should I say AS ALWAYS? :D

Edit: after about 12 hours playing around it is VEEEEEEEEEERY NICE!

#13 ·
I actually like the new search key function. I never used it to search anyway.

P.s. leave it to virtuous to make me sign into so many sites! Yall are hard to keep track of sometimes.

P.p.s.
I cant find the 'twitter for htc' anywhere and i just noticed the normal quote sign on the keyboard doesnt work... Or the question mark.... Hopefully my keyboard didnt just break

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

#14 ·
I did use search, especially on when on the mainscreen. But I don't mind.
Confirm Twitter for HTC is gone.

Also, (I know this is not a bugtracker), when longpressing on a contact the options menü does come up but fades off in about 2-3 seconds. You hardly can choose an option. (I donno if this is HTC Sense's bug, anyway)

#15 ·
First things first, where is the bugtracker? I can't seem to find it..

I like it, it has more working stuff over the other 4.0A roms, but for some reason it feels slightly slower than the other ROMs. This might need some optimization, but I prefer Virtuous over anyone else, because well, Virtuous. So please point me to the bugtracker, I will submit my bugs there and then I will be waiting for releases.

Thanks virtuous! :D

#17 ·
#21 ·
Am I the only one thinking this ROM is GRRRRRREAT??? Usually, before this one I went back to my NAND (which is Virtuous Sense 2.0.0 or Vision, whatever it is called) after 2-3 hours, especially that the cam is still an issue for our device.
I still am keeping it, I just enjoy all the improvements of ICS and Sense 4.0.

Ohh, and also why is the buzz so little? Previously posts just stormed on XDA (hope I can mention it here) when a VirtuousROM came out.

#22 ·
After a day I've noticed a few more things:
* When I use the browser and there is a large site loaded, when I click the home butten there is a large distortion stripe from the top to the bottom of the screen for about 2/3 secs where all the pixels get scrambled up. I have the idea that it was because a lack of ram.
* With the pattern lock on the phone, in landscape mode, only the top 6 dots will show when you try to unlock. So when you have one of the bottom 3 dots in your pattern, you have to switch to portrait mode in order to unlock.

To overall speed things up i installed supercharger v6 option 6 and used ov/uvBeater1.7 to clock on 230mHz min on wake and sleep and 1.3 gHz on wake. Now it's as smooth as the ports of the previous RUU, and also the occasional glitched/laggs are pretty much gone!

Thanks again for the great work, for me it's a great DD already!

#28 ·
Question, can the status bar on the homescreen stay opaque and not semi-transparent? I realize this is intentional per HTC, but I like uniformity and the hs statusbar is semi-trans while the statusbar in apps is fully opaque. I disliked when HTC made the bottom Rosie bar to be semi-transparent too in Sense 3.5...

#29 ·
This ROM is awesome! I always love the tweaks that the Virtuous team throws in.

The only issues I have run into are the sluggish and buggy SMS app (not sure if this is just the HTC app and our phones or something that can be fixed by Virtuous). Sometimes I click on a conversation and it goes in and bounces back to the conversation list.

The other problem I faced was when trying to use my bluetooth headset. It connects and I can hear the ringing through the headset, but there is no sound once I answer a call or make a call. I'll post this on the bug tracker, but was wondering if anyone else has run into this?

Thanks again!

#31 ·
Extract from the SBSH Wiki:

Separated volumes for ring and notifications is something google has removed from ICS and cannot be patched at this moment so PhoneWeaver will remove separated volumes for ICS+ beginning on 2.2.5.

You still can select a silent ringtone or notification tone if you want only one of ring or notifications not to sound.

However, some OEM or cooked ICS ROMs do allow separated volumes. In that case, PhoneWeaver will detect this possibility and return to the separated control method automatically.

Would reverting to split volume be something you might consider?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.