Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 231 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Jake, how long you think your gonna support this phone? Im still running your galaxy nexus rom and think im gonna switch to the maxx in the next month or 2. Hoping something pops up with a unlockable bootloader.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Sounds like ill have to keep it in mind. Im sure so used to using CWM the locked bootloader might make it harder for me to choose it.

If only they have a developers edition.

Do you plan on making a bootloader rom for the non maxx?

·
Registered
420 Posts
Not one of the maxx. And Jake I ment if they release a cwm recovery for the developers edition will you make flashable zips likes the Nexus has.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
420 Posts
Decided to get the maxx today.. Gonna wait a week or 2 before changing roms. Wanna make sure all is well and I don't get a lemon lol

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
420 Posts
Looking forward to trying in about a week. Im sure bugs will popup.

Does your rom do the text thru bluetooth? The nexus never worked for me but this stock rom works perfect.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Are u on the latest 0.7.2 ics bug fix update? If not go into about phone and download it and let it install. For some reason I'm thinking I read somewhere you have to be running the jb leak as the stock rom before you can flash any custom jb roms!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD MAXX using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk
Have to be on the latest leak in able to root to install safestrap :)

·
Registered
420 Posts
Xilo. You need to update your stock rom to the latest STOCK rom.

Goto settings, about phone, system update. If it says your upto date than your good to go and root your device. Check the main razr hd thread for a pinned topic at the top on how to do that.

All of that must be done FIRST. To install this rom doesnt require the JB leak in the stock spot.

·
Registered
420 Posts
And this is why I'm gonna wait for a solid ss3 and this rom. Jake is quick on bug fixes so I'm sure it won't be long. Haven't kept up with ss3 so who knows how long that takes lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2.

·
Registered
420 Posts
As I read along here I realize things aren't gonna be as easy as the gnex with cwm
... Hopefully I can figure it all out one Sunday when I'm off and get it working right..

·
Registered
420 Posts
Hopefully as time goes along that's something that gets integrated. I heard a rumor from a good friend at a local Verizon that the official 4.1.2 is finished testing and there just letting the RAZR m rollout finish up before it gets released. May roll with that for a bit until 4.2 is solid.

Don't know how much will be changed as far as how to load custom roms after it comes out.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I like that falcons shirt they have out there.. The one that says I wish I could be with my sister to watch her have our first kid but instead I'm going to the saints game in new Orleans lol. Fits atl fans well

·
Registered
420 Posts
Just sitting here wondering this. If when I try to do all the custom rom stuff and the phone gets totally messed up. Can fastboot still put everything back to out the box even if i accidently messup something in safestrap?

Waiting for 4.1 offical in the next couple weeks than im gonna see how much better 4.2 is once the bugs are pushed out. Battery life is the main thing im looking for at this point. WHich i already have tons of.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Better safe than sorry to have it on hand when I decide to do it :)

Also I pulled off some bloatware so im sure if the jellybean update comes out before i do this im gonna have to go back to defaults to get it to come in.

1 - 20 of 231 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.