Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 93 Posts

· Android Beginner
100 Posts
How hard would it be to implement a volume fix? This thing is almost too loud, and anything above about 10/15 (media) doesn't make a difference. Is it hardware or software?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

· Android Beginner
100 Posts
I could be wrong but I think what he is saying is that even at the lowest volumes our device is redonkulously loud.
^ this. It seems media 1 is like media 4 or so on other devices, and anything above 10 is the same volume. I think some software calibration at the system level is in order.

· Android Beginner
100 Posts
The camera is substandard but as a heavy user battery life is more important for me. Considered the DNA but knew I would be back to carrying around 2 spare batteries as I had to do with the Nexus. It is such a shame about the camera as this phone would be perfect with a good one. Still the best on the market for my needs though.
As an average user, the camera doesn't bother me. Not once with the HD or my X2 have I said "that picture looks like shit". They are very decent pictures I take, and as someone who doesn't use a phone as a DSLR, it doesn't bother me. I think some reviewers are overly critical and that rubs off on us, like using a macro lense on a screen to show how awful the screen is. I think we need to remember that the camera is a secondary feature. I take a few pics and upload them to Facebook or some other forums I frequent, but that's it.

TL;DR the camera is good enough for average users. I've never had a problem. All my pics look great.

· Android Beginner
100 Posts
Finally got it all running. Looks good so far and I'm not seeing lag. Any chance of snagging the oem clock widget back? Lol

Only if you want to use the BLUR launcher. There are plenty of tutorials for doing that if that is the path you want to take.

· Android Beginner
100 Posts
I've been on batakang for the last few weeks, I had Vit 1.2 before, worked well. I decided to give 1.7 a try, and I am absolutely stumped.

I originally dirty flashed over 1.2 and was greeted with a black screen. Per the previous suggestions, I flashed 1.3 after wiping the ROM slot and restoring my stock backup. I then flashed 1.7 with the proper gapps and it was smooth sailing from there. Until I didn't have a bottom nav bar or a top notification bar. Like system UI doesn't exist. Any ideas?

· Android Beginner
100 Posts
Its just frustrating, I agree the quality of this device is superb I just hope we can get some more development

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using RootzWiki
This phone has been out for almost 3 months. We got root the weekend it was released, Hash and Dhacker got us recovery, and Atrix HD roms work on this as well. I think the dev scene is maturing. Just be glad it isn't another Droid 3 disaster *shudder*

· Android Beginner
100 Posts
I have Batakang as my main drive when 1.0 was released, I have never had my device lock-up, ever! Allways smooth and great battery life.
X2. Batakang is fast, easy on battery, and stable. Never had a major issue while using it.
That being said, when wifi is fixed for this, I will be flashing over 1.7 and evaluating.
Above all, I would love to see a super stable and fully functioning AOSP rom drop.

· Android Beginner
100 Posts
Try nova launcher. It's free and you can save your launcher screens for when you wipe install new versions later. A lot of people use it instead of stock launcher.

X2. Also I have the entropy seeder, I enabled force GPU and disable HW overlays in developer options. Smooth as... *sunglasses* Butter.
YEEEEEEEAAAAAHHHH!

· Android Beginner
100 Posts
I'm also noticing very poor blue tooth quality in my truck.. Really poppy and distorted

Bluetooth quality for A2DP or whatever is crystal clear for me. Try to re-pair? I use AMP+ for music and the quality is on par with my Zune. Every now and then I'll get a pop, but that's usually just an email coming through or something of that nature.

Maybe you can elaborate on your setup a little bit. I'm pushing audio to a GG blue gate receiver hooked to my cassette adapter.

· Android Beginner
100 Posts
What does all that mean?
To explain it quite bluntly, kexec is a Linux command that pretty much replaces the running kernel with a different one. So after boot checks and stuff, the kernel gets replaced, pretty much making true custom ROMs available, not just hacked up blur ROMs.

Hashcode and dhacker are the 2 guys that are working on kexec for our device. You can follow them on the twitter machine @hashcodeof and @dhacker23 or at hashofcodes.com or something to that effect.

· Android Beginner
100 Posts
What still confuses me is with this rom having things removed. Stock still runs so much better
I've had 2 complete lockups today with the keyboard in landscape mode and I've even uninstalled all apps I don't use. The boot time is just horrible. Not as bad as 1.8 tho.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
Everything is smooth as glass for me. Did you wipe everything and follow the instructions in the OP to the letter? I would start with wiping cache and dalvik. If not try a fresh flash. This ROM is fast and stable for me. 0 complaints.

1 - 20 of 93 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.