Android OS Forum banner
2421 - 2440 of 2451 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Good to see jake atleast check-in on us. Im sick of the douchebaggery of dhacker and his screwed up cm10.1 roms. They get worse and worse with every release now.

Hoping for JDX for the HD soon :)

·
Android Beginner
88 Posts
Good to see jake atleast check-in on us. Im sick of the douchebaggery of dhacker and his screwed up cm10.1 roms. They get worse and worse with every release now.

Hoping for JDX for the HD soon :)
You're an idiot lol.if Jake does release something, about 90% of the rom will be dh's work.seriously stop writing about dh on every forum.if he didn't work on the hd, we'd have almost nothing working on the device as we wait for hash to finish the new kernel

sent from my xt926 RAZR maxx hd

·
Registered
153 Posts
You're an idiot lol.if Jake does release something, about 90% of the rom will be dh's work.
That's not necessarily true. I think Jake knows kernel development, it's possible he might be able to release something that's not just based on what's out there. Right now there's a problem where every rom is based on the same untested nightly code, so every rom periodically breaks because of a bad CM10.1 nightly, but it's not a given that it has to be that way.

I'm sure Jakeday could have thrown a JDX build out there two months ago that's based on the razr-qcom CM10.1 work, but the fact that he hasn't suggests to me that he's really working on something.

·
Android Beginner
88 Posts
That's not necessarily true. I think Jake knows kernel development, it's possible he might be able to release something that's not just based on what's out there. Right now there's a problem where every rom is based on the same untested nightly code, so every rom periodically breaks because of a bad CM10.1 nightly, but it's not a given that it has to be that way.

I'm sure Jakeday could have thrown a JDX build out there two months ago that's based on the razr-qcom CM10.1 work, but the fact that he hasn't suggests to me that he's really working on something.
Wasn't a comment on Jake's abilities, but more on what code has already been developed. That untested code is what is keeping this community alive. Very few of our devs actively work on the kernel issues.

Two months ago dh hadn't back ported a lot of the features from the kernel hash has been developing. Unless Jake has been working on a kernel by himself whatever he would have released would have been at the same point every other rom was.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Wasn't a comment on Jake's abilities, but more on what code has already been developed. That untested code is what is keeping this community alive. Very few of our devs actively work on the kernel issues.

Two months ago dh hadn't back ported a lot of the features from the kernel hash has been developing. Unless Jake has been working on a kernel by himself whatever he would have released would have been at the same point every other rom was.

Part of the reason why I said that was, a while back Jakeday did say that him working on a kernel for this phone was a possibility. I don't know whether that's an idea he has acted on or will act on, but I'm not assuming the razr-qcom folks are the only ones who will ever make real progress for the device.

·
Android Beginner
88 Posts
Part of the reason why I said that was, a while back Jakeday did say that him working on a kernel for this phone was a possibility. I don't know whether that's an idea he has acted on or will act on, but I'm not assuming the razr-qcom folks are the only ones who will ever make real progress for the device.
Bytecode has released a custom kernel as well, but mostly based on the razr crew.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,438 ·

I have a strong background in kernel dev and have been rolling my own for the hd. I want it to be right and I haven't been satisfied yet. Getting close though.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using RootzWiki

2421 - 2440 of 2451 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.