Android OS Forum banner
1381 - 1400 of 2451 Posts

· Android Beginner
70 Posts
Just installed this ROM earlier today and have to say I'm impressed. Love having a vanilla android on this phone. I searched the thread but did not get a hit on Netflix. Is it a know issue that it does not work on this ROM? I only get a black screen. Thanx!

Edit: Never mind, removed then reinstalled and it works fine now.

Sent from my RAZR Maxx HD

· Android Beginner
88 Posts
My Gmail is still randomly stopping checking that's why it's not notifying and I can't find a sync setting under settings to check.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
I've found the same thing. I'll open the app and find a bunch of unread messages. I tried changing my sync settings through the main settings area but no luck.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

· Android Beginner
70 Posts
Really impressed with the battery life on this rom.

That is with just under 2.5hr screen on time.

The only issue I have seen is that sometimes when I have an alarm go off when the phone is in my pocket there is no screen to snooze or dismiss it when I get the phone out. I have to go into apps settings and stop it from there. I'm probably hitting something on the screen when pulling it out, but not sure what would dismiss the alarm screen but leave the alarm on.

Sent from my RAZR Maxx HD

· Average Android
168 Posts
Nope all off. At 84% right now with 4 hours on phone since full charge. 45 mins of screen time and 26 minutes of talk time. Is this close to the norm or should I be way better with this ROM?
Honestly there is no norm for battery life when comparing ROMs and other ppls setup. Each persons setup and use is different, Netowrk signal means alot, using Wifi affects it....etc. So its really next to impossible to make that kinda of judgement IMHO. I've had days where mine seems to go threw battery and the next it sips it down and would last me 2 days on that use. Mind you all on the same ROM for testing.

· Android Beginner
10 Posts
Hi, I just upgraded to the RAZR Maxx HD and I am not quite sure how to install this rom. I am coming from the droid x. I used to flash all kinds of roms. I've ran the RAZR HD tool program to flash back to stock ics and rooted it and installed the latest ss3 I believe and then used the voodoo app to update but once I update I can't use safe strap anymore. Am I supposed to stay on ICS to install this rom?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using RootzWiki

· Registered
153 Posts
Hi, I just upgraded to the RAZR Maxx HD and I am not quite sure how to install this rom. I am coming from the droid x. I used to flash all kinds of roms. I've ran the RAZR HD tool program to flash back to stock ics and rooted it and installed the latest ss3 I believe and then used the voodoo app to update but once I update I can't use safe strap anymore. Am I supposed to stay on ICS to install this rom?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using RootzWiki
The sequence should be (someone correct me if I"m forgetting something)

1. Go into phone's developer options and activate USB Debugging mode.
2. Plug phone in to computer with usb cable.
3. Hold down power/volume up/volume down to boot to the menu.
4. Press volume down to scroll to fastboot mode, then volume up to select.
5. Use the utility to go back to ICS
6. Install the OTA security update (after which you are still on ICS)
7. Go back to fastboot mode as described above.
8. Use the utility to root.
9. Use the utility to install Rootkeeper and Safestrap (which will also install Superuser)
10. Open Superuser, and scroll to the left to the area that has the binaries, tap the area that has the binary number to install most recent binaries.
11. Open Rootkeeper, select "protect root." Then select "temporarily unroot" or whatever. This will hide the root from the Jelly Bean update you're going to do.
12. Install the Jelly Bean OTA update
13. Open Rootkeeper, and select "restore root."

You should now be rooted and on Jelly Bean.

14. Open Safestrap, and select "install the [whatever].

Now when you reboot Safestrap should start up, with a button in the bottom left that says "recovery." Press that, and you'll go into Safestrap, where you can follow the rest of the steps to flash the rom:

-back up the stock rom slot to SD card
-set up Rom Slot 1
-wipe factory reset/system/cash/dalvik while Rom Slot 1 is active (not while the stock slot is active)
-flash Vitreous zip file from SD card
-flash gapps
-reboot (and reboot again if there are problems)

If you run into trouble you can reboot and reactivate the stock slot to go back to the way things were before.

1381 - 1400 of 2451 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.