Android OS Forum banner
1441 - 1460 of 2451 Posts

· Android Apprentice
228 Posts
Can't wait to have DashClock. And better performance! Hopefully hashcode and dhacker can hammer out Kexec soon!
Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
Agreed. Dying for some 4.2.2 and some custom kernel work through kexec. This phone would absolutely fly.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using RootzWiki

· Android Beginner
100 Posts
What does all that mean?
To explain it quite bluntly, kexec is a Linux command that pretty much replaces the running kernel with a different one. So after boot checks and stuff, the kernel gets replaced, pretty much making true custom ROMs available, not just hacked up blur ROMs.

Hashcode and dhacker are the 2 guys that are working on kexec for our device. You can follow them on the twitter machine @hashcodeof and @dhacker23 or at hashofcodes.com or something to that effect.

· Registered
419 Posts
To explain it quite bluntly, kexec is a Linux command that pretty much replaces the running kernel with a different one. So after boot checks and stuff, the kernel gets replaced, pretty much making true custom ROMs available, not just hacked up blur ROMs.

Hashcode and dhacker are the 2 guys that are working on kexec for our device. You can follow them on the twitter machine @hashcodeof and @dhacker23 or at hashofcodes.com or something to that effect.

What still confuses me is with this rom having things removed. Stock still runs so much better
I've had 2 complete lockups today with the keyboard in landscape mode and I've even uninstalled all apps I don't use. The boot time is just horrible. Not as bad as 1.8 tho.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

· Android Beginner
100 Posts
What still confuses me is with this rom having things removed. Stock still runs so much better
I've had 2 complete lockups today with the keyboard in landscape mode and I've even uninstalled all apps I don't use. The boot time is just horrible. Not as bad as 1.8 tho.

Everything is smooth as glass for me. Did you wipe everything and follow the instructions in the OP to the letter? I would start with wiping cache and dalvik. If not try a fresh flash. This ROM is fast and stable for me. 0 complaints.

· Registered
419 Posts
Everything is smooth as glass for me. Did you wipe everything and follow the instructions in the OP to the letter? I would start with wiping cache and dalvik. If not try a fresh flash. This ROM is fast and stable for me. 0 complaints.

Yep and for about the first 4 or 5 days it was fast. Than started getting slow. The keyboard freezing is coming up on chrome now. Haven't seen Gmail loose it's notification again yet.

· Registered
419 Posts
Scratch the Gmail thing. It's doing it right now.. I saw it come up and say who it was from in the notification bar and it didn't give the icon. Than when I went to the inbox I had 7 emails since I last checked.

· Android Beginner
100 Posts
FWIW, I reboot my phone whenever it starts to lose its edge. Usually once a week. After that its silky smooth. YMMV. Also make sure you disable/uninstall stuff you don't use. Greenify is a free app on Play that hibernates selected app. Try it out. Also I'm running Seeder on the most aggressive settings.

· Registered
419 Posts
hey jakeday how is 4.2.2 going?
just wondering been a while since we have heard anything need testers ?
I think his razr hd died and he went back to the Nexus. I've seen it go thru quite a few versions and we haven't even seen one 4.2 yet. Too bad Verizon couldn't handle the Nexus 4.. I know someone with one and it seems great

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

· Registered
152 Posts
I think his razr hd died and he went back to the Nexus. I've seen it go thru quite a few versions and we haven't even seen one 4.2 yet. Too bad Verizon couldn't handle the Nexus 4.. I know someone with one and it seems great

couldnt handle? lol google doesnt want to move on and have another nexus galaxy so they didnt add a usable 4g antena, and its benchmarks suck, plus its a cheaply made phone. dont think it can handle verizons network

· Registered
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,460 ·

No, my hd did not die lol! I support all my devices. The only thing holding up 4.2 aosp on the hd is kexec. I want to see how that goes to give a proper release instead of my current partially hacked up one.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using RootzWiki

1441 - 1460 of 2451 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.