Android OS Forum banner
1461 - 1480 of 2451 Posts

· Registered
112 Posts
No, my hd did not die lol! I support all my devices. The only thing holding up 4.2 aosp on the hd is kexec. I want to see how that goes to give a proper release instead of my current partially hacked up one.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using RootzWiki
ITS ALIVE!!!
lol... good to hear from you Jake... so it won't won't be released until dhacker n hashcode get that done??

· Registered
15 Posts
No, my hd did not die lol! I support all my devices. The only thing holding up 4.2 aosp on the hd is kexec. I want to see how that goes to give a proper release instead of my current partially hacked up one.

Great news, your roms are a savior for this phone. Any progress on kexec? I follow hashcode on twitter but have not heard much mention of the Razr HD from him

· Android Beginner
88 Posts

That's funny you mention it because I was just talking to hash about you the other day. He said he was going to look you up. Btw epinter figured out the camera issue on cm10 could be good tidings there. Hash hasn't done anything with kexec in awhile unfortunately. I know he's only one man but I was hoping the money myself and others spent on the Dev unit for him would mean more attention. Oh well I guess I'm just wining and sad because i don't know how to develop.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

· Average Android
220 Posts
That's funny you mention it because I was just talking to hash about you the other day. He said he was going to look you up. Btw epinter figured out the camera issue on cm10 could be good tidings there. Hash hasn't done anything with kexec in awhile unfortunately. I know he's only one man but I was hoping the money myself and others spent on the Dev unit for him would mean more attention. Oh well I guess I'm just wining and sad because i don't know how to develop.
I dont mind donating to the cause just out of good will, but I be damned if I am gonna send loot to help someone specifically purchase a device. Seems like a good way to be let down. The way I feel about it is if they didn't justify getting the device on their own then they probably didn't want to dev for it anyway.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

· Android crack flasher and IT Pro
115 Posts
You guys need to cool your jets These developers have a lot to dev for also they have family and a full time job they do this as a hobby not for a money of course they ask for donations and also say it's not necessary but appreciated. This work takes lots of time, knowledge, patients which patients is one thing they can run out of quickly I know that's why I stopped developing and theming because of so many people whining and bitching about stuff not working or devs not getting things out fast enough. Believe me it will only piss them off and make them quit like I did. I have been doing some theming when I have time and giving you guys the battery and center clock mods. Please don't gripe but give these guys praise for what they accomplish and sit back and enjoy the goodness they bring.
:)

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

· Android Beginner
88 Posts
You guys need to cool your jets These developers have a lot to dev for also they have family and a full time job they do this as a hobby not for a money of course they ask for donations and also say it's not necessary but appreciated. This work takes lots of time, knowledge, patients which patients is one thing they can run out of quickly I know that's why I stopped developing and theming because of so many people whining and bitching about stuff not working or devs not getting things out fast enough. Believe me it will only piss them off and make them quit like I did. I have been doing some theming when I have time and giving you guys the battery and center clock mods. Please don't gripe but give these guys praise for what they accomplish and sit back and enjoy the goodness they bring.
:)

You misinterpret me. I have nothing but love for hash... I've been donating to him since he came on the scene. What I was commenting on was being disappointed in helping to fund the dev device and him admitting he has basically ignored it. I understand the time constraints associated with family etc but I thought the purchase could at least get us near the top of the device pile (since he's nuts and devs for every moto device from the d3 on and the kindle fire). Anyway he's still amazing just frustrated with lack of kexec progress.

Btw you're great as well. I'm sorry you quit deving but as stated above I understand.

115 Posts
You will find more here http://www.droidrzr.com/index.php?/topic/7850-[DEV-EDITION][ROM-AOSP]-Unofficial-CM10.1-(JB-4.2.1)-[01/24:-BETA] on the CM10 development which is where hashcode post roms besides xda developer's he hasn't given up according to his blog here http://blog.hash-of-codes.com so please read the blog post and also you can keep up with his work on Twitter https://twitter.com/#!/hashcode0f

115 Posts
The RAZR HD is getting towards getting replaced now so once it gets its price drop and being moved out everything will be forgotten about. Just like what happened to the thunderbolt.

That's what everyone over at droidforums.net said about the Droid3 since it was never going to get ICS because of its 512mb ram the development hasn't stopped and hashcode is very determined to get kexec working for all of the devices he devs for but has limited time and so many bugs to squash

· Android Beginner
100 Posts
DROID 3 had alot more people with it. This phone got overshadowed by the dna

Shit happens. There's dedicated devs on almost every platform. I mean, look at the X2. CM10 alpha 3? That's nothing short of a miracle, considering no kexec. DZK is a genuine guy and has kept the X2 alive. The HD is still the top offering from Motorola, and it's going to stay that way until the X-phone is released. Someone will stick with this thing and keep it alive. I'm trying to port PA using the 4.1.1 kernel. Lots of trial and error, but I'm doing what I can, seeing as I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing. But I digress.

This is a solid device that is capable of way more than what Moto and Verizon will allow. If you guys want to contribute, pull apart a rom. Learn how it works. Get your hands dirty and contribute somehow. Saying "I wish the devs would do X and Y" doesn't get it done. Not to mention this device still is pretty immature and more brains means more development power. DZK would link his github and tell us where problems were and explain how things worked. Then we would point out stuff that caught our eye, even people with minimal development experience. You guys make this device what it is. Make the most of it.

/rant. Sorry boys. Needed to get that off my chest.

· Android Beginner
100 Posts
this and fusion seem to be the main ones..

Can't bring myself to use fusion. Sure it may be fast, and no offense intended at all, but I physically cannot stand using it. Call me old fashioned, but AOSP looks best.

· Registered
152 Posts
Can't bring myself to use fusion. Sure it may be fast, and no offense intended at all, but I physically cannot stand using it. Call me old fashioned, but AOSP looks best.

dont like the look of fuzion? i have a red theme for it if you dont like the normal look, and someone is making a aosp theme for it :)

· Registered
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,478 ·
For what its worth, I plan on releasing a maintenance build this weekend. From there on I will focus on aosp with or without kexec, although I may help hash with that if he contacts me.

Razr hd for the long haul! :)

· Registered
152 Posts
For what its worth, I plan on releasing a maintenance build this weekend. From there on I will focus on aosp with or without kexec, although I may help hash with that if he contacts me.

Razr hd for the long haul! :)

sounds great :) personally i say do it without kexec for now, only because hash has said it might be some time from now.

1461 - 1480 of 2451 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.