Android OS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been fighting with my N7 for literally OVER A YEAR now!

I have 3/4 of a custom fiberglass dash built and now the last piece is to figure out how to get the N7 2012 to operate in a side slider I have built to house it.

I have 2 files on a laptop, I don't know what they are.

#1 timur-usbhost-2013-01-24-jb42

#2 cm-10.1-20130817-USBROM-grouper

I am not sure what to do from here or how to test that the work I have done so far. This is the info I am getting off of the tablet...

#1, I have rooted the tablet
#2 I have TWRP installed, (the one that has touch interface)
#3 I am running 4.2.2
#4 build #JDQ39
#5 Kernel Version, 3.1.10-GBA06546 - Dirty
[email protected] hexa #24

I seem to have the correct software but there is ZERO tech support for this Kernel/ROM. I am very desperate to find someone who can help me with the last few steps of install. I don't know what I have done so far and I don't know what to do next.

My main 2 goals are (I don't care how I get there)

#1 Charge tablet while having an external USB thumb drive attached
#2 Shut off or deep sleep with the ignition power.

·
Android Beginner
365 Posts
I have been fighting with my N7 for literally OVER A YEAR now!

I have 3/4 of a custom fiberglass dash built and now the last piece is to figure out how to get the N7 2012 to operate in a side slider I have built to house it.

I have 2 files on a laptop, I don't know what they are.

#1 timur-usbhost-2013-01-24-jb42
#2 cm-10.1-20130817-USBROM-grouper

I am not sure what to do from here or how to test that the work I have done so far. This is the info I am getting off of the tablet...
#1, I have rooted the tablet
#2 I have TWRP installed, (the one that has touch interface)
#3 I am running 4.2.2
#4 build #JDQ39
#5 Kernel Version, 3.1.10-GBA06546 - Dirty
[email protected] hexa #24

I seem to have the correct software but there is ZERO tech support for this Kernel/ROM. I am very desperate to find someone who can help me with the last few steps of install. I don't know what I have done so far and I don't know what to do next.
My main 2 goals are (I don't care how I get there)
#1 Charge tablet while having an external USB thumb drive attached
#2 Shut off or deep sleep with the ignition power.
You can't charge it and use USB otg. Head over to XDA and more people will see your post. This place is dead.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response but I have been posting and reposting there and no one anywhere is even responding.

·
Registered
144 Posts
scampo77

Do a factory reset from TWRP and flash/install the "cm-10.1-20130817-USBROM-grouper.zip" file, which is the latest full rom for the grouper N7 model. Then activate "Fixed installation" mode in the USB settings.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts