Android OS Forum banner
61 - 67 of 4,254 Posts
DowntownRDB said:
If any of you EVO 3D owners also have an Asus Transformer tablet Gnufabio just released Revolver 3.5 (version 3.5 HC 3.2.1 - 8.6.5.13 latest Asus update). Asus changelog indicates a browser flash fix and a FC fix. Also includes a new app called Supernote. Yeah, I know...not as exciting as our EVO 3Ds but is a great little tablet and use it 4 times as much as my laptop.
I just updated Parts (2.9.2) thinking it'd then update me to 3.5, but noooooooooo...could you email it to me, pretty please?

I still don't miss that place that won't be named (by me, at least).

On a separate note, HEY TOMMY!!!!! Good to see ya, man.

On another separate note, even though I still haven't gotten my 3VO, I really LOVE reading this thread and staying in the loop with my Mynion Family.

I will get it soon but lately I'm so f-ing busy I don't have the 2 or 3 days it'll take to re-learn a new phone!! Business-wise, that's a good thing. Phone-wise, I feel like the kid in Home Alone: left behind to fend for myself...

I hope Joe Pesci and Daniel Stern don't wind up at my door...

:tongue2:

il Duce said:
Whoa, y'all mad :p

I love Sprint, they still cheaper than the big boys, better phones than t-mo, and I get 4g at home and work FTW.

Oh plus they're getting LOTS of nice new phones this year.

And, all this network upgrade talk makes me happy.

Yeah, we losing some good stuff like bill my account, gold premier, etc. But nobody else has these anyway, so...

Sprint FTW (no I don't work for them, I sell cars)

lol peace, I need a nap :)
smw6181 said:
The point though is that the REASON some people stayed with Sprint and put up with crappy customer service, horrible support, awful network speeds etc. is BECAUSE of those things that no one else had. Once they're the same as 'everybody else' what's my incentive to stay? I can get a WHOLE lot better speeds/stability on Verizon. I have 4g at home and work too...but the speeds suck and WiMax is crap...and I live about 400yards from a 4g Sprint tower.

I've stayed with Sprint for as long as I have BECAUSE of the perks. BECAUSE of the pricing and unlimited data. BECAUSE of all the things they're taking away. There just isn't much point in staying with a company that's like all the rest. So if Sprint continues down this road they're going to find that instead of bringing people IN because they're like everyone else, they're going to lose the customer base they already HAVE because they're like everyone else.
vanessaem said:
Lol...we're not talking about the phone selections and loss of perks. We're saying what good are all those things when you can't get any service? My phone is basically dead for making and receiving calls right now. I'm using wifi for data but I need 3g outside of the house and I'm barely getting that in my area. Outside of my area, the service isn't that great either.
I was a big cheerleader and defender of Sprint but now, not so much. :androidsad:
ch1naski said:
Agreed. I live in the Los Angeles area. 4g? Sporadic at best. At home? No way. 3g? Never good. Bars? If I see 4, I'm doing good (warm has six bars). I don't set the notification bar to show signal db, because it only gets me irked. I feel that in my area, I should have better signal for everything. It's Los Angeles, we're privileged. ;)
So, let's say they're all equal in what they offer...reception, phones, signal, plans, etc...for me the real difference is Customer Service, and Sprint is definitely the best of a dismal bunch. That's not saying they're great, but in the T-mobi/ATT/Verizon lot there isn't a single human being working the phones. Sub-species for whom "duh" is a noun.

I've yet to have a bad experience with Sprint CS, on the phone or in the shops.

And, I don't know where you are in LA, Ch1naski, but west of the 405 I get rocking 3- and 4G everywhere, something I never got from AT&T, and I've yet to drop a call anywhere in LA, even through the canyons, in the 14 months since I dumped my iBomb/ATT and went EVO.

I've recently had a personal experience with Mr. Hesse who truly seemed to give a damn about what the customers think. Maybe we should all start a letter/email writing campaign to him to let him know how dissatisfied we are with their direction.

You can't do that with ATT/Verizon/T-Mobi because no matter how hard you try (and I have) you'll never find out exactly who to write to!!

Gotta give the guy some credit for putting himself out there like that...

:gasp:

smw6181 said:
On another note I can NOT figure out what the hell is eating my battery. No matter what ROM/Kernel/PRI/PRL/Radio combination I pick I've got about 10 hours light/medium usage and BOOM. Phone's dead. Anyone have any ideas of some good software to use to check it?

And most of the screens I use are dark, not super bright, I don't typically overclock, and I don't leave the phone streaming audio/video all day. I'm at a loss.
Defective battery?

:erm:

smw6181 said:
Nah. Already tried swapping it with two other batteries that are working fine. Same result.
Tried different charging methods? Into computer, into wall charger? Maybe it's the charger...

:_con:

smw6181 said:
Looks like it's the official 'Sprint Premier is closing' mail. It's on your account page when you log into Sprint too. Old news, but the sending of mail is new.
That's what it is...

:_con:

DowntownRDB said:
I've got an ASUS laptop and now an ASUS Tablet (TF-101). Rumor has it that the Transformer 2 (upgrade to TF-101) is due out soon (or at least in time for Christmas shopping/gifts). I have had zero problems with my ASUS laptop and none with the ASUS tablet. Great performance from a cheaper priced tablet. I tried both the Xoom and the Samsung tablet and IMHO the ASUS Tablet tops them in both performance and definitely in price. Much easier to just grab my tablet as it does everything I need it to.
+100!

I, too, have both an ASUS lappie (G73SW) and a TF101-16, and both could not possibly be better, more reliable, high quality, very cool pieces of equipment!

:grin3:

61 - 67 of 4,254 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.