Android OS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Android Beginner
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those that don't know this is a stock port of the T-MO G2 2.3.4 Gingerbread rom. There are a few issues with the rom and those will be listed further down. I took on this port for a few reasons. First off, I like the stability and light feeling that aosp roms give and also it's a stock rom. No additives! No 20-way reboots or power controls in the drop down menu. This is pure stock aosp and nothing else.

Being that this a port and I don't consider my self a developer of any kind there are a few issues that need to be fixed before this is complete. As-is the rom can and has been used as a daily and it has been by myself for about a week. I will be releasing a few different versions of this rom if there is interest.

I know it's not the newest version of android but it's something to play with while we wait for a fully working ICS port

If anyone want's to join in and help get this port finished with me, any and all help would be greatly appreciated in advance.

Here are the issues:
V 1.0
1: Camera- force closes when launching
2: Youtube- videos try to load but they dont
3: 160 text Character limit
4: 9016 text from voicemail
5: 4G ( gsm port so it may never work)

Thats all I can think of right now. As far as I know everything else works. Just do a backup and give it a test spin. Report back with issues and any other questions that you may have.

Pretty much all t-mo bloat has been removed but being that it is a stock rom, I decided to leave the "With Google" apps in. I will make another version with it all trimmed down only to the most necessary apps.

I am not responsible for anything that you do to your device. If you mess it up, don't try to blame me or the rom. That's all for now. Enjoy

Download: http://db.tt/eriKGXEy

Attachments

·
Android Beginner
8 Posts
Nice rom bro! Glad to see you made it over to rootz. If I had the shift to test on I'd help you out with this but alas, I only have the 3D. If I remember right, to fix YouTube you need to swap out some of the media something libs. Ill have a look at it when I get home and post the names of them.

·
Android Beginner
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice rom bro! Glad to see you made it over to rootz. If I had the shift to test on I'd help you out with this but alas, I only have the 3D. If I remember right, to fix YouTube you need to swap out some of the media something libs. Ill have a look at it when I get home and post the names of them.
Whats going on bro?? Yeah I finally had to jump on over and check rootz out. How long you been over here?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts