Android OS Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Android Hack
99 Posts
*****Updated to Version 3*****

This is a Rom based off TBH Gingerbread 596 deodexed and apks I have collected to make an awesome Rom! Xcellerated has all the bloat and most of the Blur removed and some extras added in. I have been testing Xcellerated for two weeks now and everythng has been running well. The Rom is very fast and extremely smooth. If you have any issues, please let me know. Make sure to follow directions and Xcellerated will install without any problems. There is a 4G (Does not get 4G service) and a 3G version. The only difference is the icons in the status bar.

Directions: This is for Droid X only. You MUST be on GB 596 Deodexed and it must be a clean install. Do not try to install this over another Rom or Theme. There are detail instruction below if you are not familiar with Bootsrap. You can also drop Xcellerated on your sdcard and install in Rom Manager. After 596 is installed, DO NOT WIPE DATA prior to installing Xcellerated.
Extras Added: ADW Launcher, Launcher Pro, Go Launcher EX, Go SMS, Astro File Manager, Facebook, Google Music, Rom Manager, Dolphin HD, D2 Bootstrap, DX2 Wallpaper, DX2 Bootanimation, Gallery 3D, Custom Keyboard, Titanium, Quadrant Standard, Milestone OC, Amazon App, Custom lock slider, CRT Animation, 10% Battery Mod, Tweetdeck.

Note: If you use another email other than Gmail,(such as yahoo) use the email app. Do not add it in settings/accounts/add account. The Yahoo link will not work.

Note: I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR PHONE AND WHAT MIGHT HAPPEN TO IT WHEN YOU TAKE THE RISK OF FLASHING A ROM. You take that risk. I asume no liabilty. If you don't know what you are doing ask. Always keep the files needed to SBF your phone handy. I can tell you that I have yet to "brick" a droid x and I have done some crazy stuff. I have tested Xcellerated and have resolved all issues that I am aware of.

Launchers- Remember, You can tap the Home button and you can select a launcher. You can keep all three launcher set up differently and switch anytime you want. Only check the "Use by default for this action" if you only want to use one launcher. If you already checked that box, you can clear defaults in menu/settings/applications/manage applications/All the select the launcher you are using and clear defaults.

Special Thanks To:
Team Black Hat
The Secret Ninja
Drew Garen
Fabulous
StyGian Studios ( For the Awesome Dialer!)
Mobile_Sensei
Koush

Instructions:

1) Need to be on clean install of TBH 596 Deodexed -http://www.mediafire.com/file/tc5pgqj27dc4wbh/596_TBH_Deodexed.zip (must boot into 596 at least one time after install)
2) Boot into D2 Bootstrap recovery
3) DO NOT WIPE DATA
4) Wipe cache/Dalvik cache
5) Install Xcellerated (From Link in 2A below)
6) Reboot

Detailed Instructions For Those Who Need Them:

1) Download TBH 596 Deodexed 596_TBH_Deodexed.zip

2A) Download Rom Of Your Choice - V3 changes = Fixed Calendar and Calendar Widget/Removed Facebook app all versions.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/8smgbbqladndagd/Xcellerated_V3_DX_3G.zip (3G Icon)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/tcnv31osd4wi3td/Xcellerated_V3_DX_4G.zip (4G Icon)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/45mnqpi88hyon2b/Xcellerated_V3_DX_4G_CircleBat.zip (4G Icon/Circle Battery)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/42z72q47xihrtho/Xcellerated_NoXtras_V3_DX_3G.zip (NoXtras 3G Icon)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/q8q1rhb4a76iy2v/Xcellerated_NoXtras_V3_DX_4G.zip (NoXtras 4G Icon)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/05pp5t7ljdgxaia/Xcellerated_NoXtras_V3_DX_4G_CircleBat.zip (NoXtras 4G Icon/Circle Battery)

Note:Xcellerated NoXtras V3 has the following removed: Rom Manager, Dolphin HD, D2 Bootstrap,DX2 Wallpapaers, Titanium, Quadrant Standard, Milestone OC, Amazon App market and Tweetdeck.
If you already have Xcellerated installed, just install V2 right over the top. Don't have to wipe anything!

2B) As request...here is a list of the apks removed and the apks themselves. Some of them, such as Talk, can just be dropped onto your SD card and installed via Astro File Manager. Example to install Talk - Once the Apk is on your SDDcard just op Astro then select SDcard then select Talk (wherever you have it stored) and select "open app manager" then install Talk.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/97gyxmlosmxq26b/Blur and Bloat APKs.zip (No Bloat Zip)

3) You will need D2 Bootstrap or you can install through Rom Manager
4) Drop files onto the Sdcard of your Droid X
5) Install D2 Bootstrap
6) Select "Bootstrap Recovery " you will see a box pop up that says "Success" Then select ok.
7) Select Reboot Recovery
8) Use volume down button until "wipe data/factory reset" is highlighted
9) Now press your camera button
10) Press the volume down button until "Yes -delete all user data" is selected
11) Now press you camera button. All data is now being deleted.
12) Press you volume down button until "install zip from sdcard" is highlighted.
13) Now press the camera button
14) Press the volume down button until "choose zip from sdcard" is highlighted.
15) Now press the camera button
16) Press the volume down button until "596_TBH_Deodexed" in highlighted.
17) Now press the camera button
18) Press the volume button until "Yes- Install 596_TBH_Deodexed" is highlighted.
19) Now press the camera button and 596_TBH_Deodexed will install.
20) When complete tap the power and the use the camera button to select "Reboot System Now"
21) Boot into 596, skip all the Google sign in for now.
22) Install D2 Bootstrap
23) Select "Bootstrap Recovery" you will see a box pop up that says "Success" Then select ok.
24) Select" Reboot Recovery"
25) Use volume down button until "wipe cache partition" is highlighted. (DO NOT WIPE DATA!)
26) Now press your camera button
27) Press the volume down button until "Yes - Wipe Cache" is highlighted.
28) Now press the camera button. The cache has now been wiped.
29) Press you volume down button until "install zip from sdcard" is highlighted
30) Now press the camera button
31) Press the volume down button until "choose zip from sdcard" is highlighted
32) Now press your camera button
33) Press the volume down button until "Xcellerated_DX_3G or 4G" is highlighted
34) Now press your camera button
35) Press the volume button until "Xcellerated_DX_3G or 4G" is highlighted
36) Now press your camera button
37) Xcellerated will now install.
38) When complete tap the power and the use the camera button to select "Reboot System Now"
39) When the phone reboots, you can now sign into Google.

Note: GoSMS Pro/menu/settings/Important Tips and check the box that says "Stock SMS Uninstalled".

The Wallpaper in the pictures below is available by downloading one of the many free themes on the android market and the clock is Go Weather (free) on the market. If you are not familiar with go launcher, you can have many, many different combinations of wallapers and icons from there themes. You can also set the wallpaper in the app draw to be different than the home screen.

Attachments

·
Developer
161 Posts
No offense, but it seems you removed bloat... and then added more. In the "added Extras" part of the post, you list a lot of app. Some of those apps not everyone may use, or even consider useful. Also some of those apps are market apps, did you ask permission of the makers to use them in your ROM?

·
Android Hack
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Webst3r said:
No offense, but it seems you removed bloat... and then added more. In the "added Extras" part of the post, you list a lot of app. Some of those apps not everyone may use, or even consider useful. Also some of those apps are market apps, did you ask permission of the makers to use them in your ROM?
The apps can be deleted if someone chooses. Those apps are in there because I was asked to create a basic Rom with those apps. If any individual does not like what they see then the Rom isn't for them, however I do take request. If you are a moderator and you are saying there is no place for this Rom on Rootzwiki, then we shall remove it. Thanks!

·
Developer
161 Posts
S.V. said:
The apps can be deleted if someone chooses. Those apps are in there because I was asked to create a basic Rom with those apps. If any individual does not like what they see then the Rom isn't for them, however I do take request. If you are a moderator and you are saying there is no place for this Rom on Rootzwiki, then we shall remove it. Thanks!
I'm not saying that all all.. I'm just giving my opinion. And you should still ask the developers of the apps you included if you can put them in your ROM. It's only polite.

·
Android Hack
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Webst3r said:
I'm not saying that all all.. I'm just giving my opinion. And you should still ask the developers of the apps you included if you can put them in your ROM. It's only polite.
It's all good. All the apps were downloaded of Developers sites or developers blogs for use. Anyway, thanks! I appreciate it. By the way, I watched your videos. Great Job!

·
Android Apprentice
11 Posts
I havent tried this rom yet just wanted to thank you for supporting the X! its great to see this community sticking with our locked down device!

·
Android Hack
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
jmartinez748 said:
I havent tried this rom yet just wanted to thank you for supporting the X! its great to see this community sticking with our locked down device!
Well thanks!

·
Android Master
3,956 Posts
Why is there a 4G version of this if the phone is incapable of 4G?

·
Android Master
3,956 Posts
S.V. said:
Its just a 4G icon. I had requests for it.
OIC. kthxbai

·
Android Hack
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Added version 3. Sorry about the upload links. I had to put descriptions by them. For some reason the link show the entire file address. Most site only show the file name. Anyway, I updated the Rom per request.

·
Android Addict
1,029 Posts
Sooo I think this ROM is pretty old, but im gonna flash in boot manager and try it out

·
Android Addict
1,029 Posts
LOL not rele I got boot manager to try CMGB but it was too boring for me lol looking for a stronger drug
lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts