Android OS Forum banner

[ROM] Xperiance AOKP - R3 - Oh yeah. That's right. (10/26/12)

7K views 46 replies 14 participants last post by  mindmajick 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Xperiance AOKP: Sexiest Rom Alive

Originally, I created a Sony Xperia / CyanogenMod 9 Hybrid which is still available in this thread. Now we have all the same goodies running on R4ins build of AOKP. I will no longer be providing updates based on CyanogenMod 9. All new updates will be based on AOKP-Jellybean until further notice.

Everything in this Rom is based off of someone else's work, so I would like to first say thanks to the XDA community for your contributions.

Please be sure to thank my #1 Buttling and Rom Tester illnevertell when you get the chance

PROJECT LARD!

Jellybean has "Project Butter" and Seanzscreams has "Project Margarine". Whats better than both butter and margarine? LARD!

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS
1. Wipe System, Cache, Dalvik Cache and factory reset (or wipe data depending on recovery)
2. Install rom
3. Install Google apps
4. Reboot

UPGRADE INSTRUCTIONS
1. Flash ROM
2. Flash GAPPS
3. Wipe Cache and Dalvik Cache.
4. Reboot
Xperiance AOKP - Downloads

GOOGLE APPS

HERE

See less See more
#2 · (Edited by Moderator)
Thanks to:

Illnevertell - for the inspiration

Ported most of the Sony apps and mods from: HERE
Walkman app from HERE

Thanks To:
The AOKP Team
InstigatorX
R4INS
Mrmad.net
ReedX50v
Vasishta Reddy
Seanzscreams- for being a nice guy
Eugene373
Cyanogen
Team Chopsticks
Topprospect
Cdshepherd - for being a sweetie
The former Team Wafflehouse
R4ins
Mod1441
Teamptsd / team passion
Nrm5110
Smalldookie and mrmad.net
Reedx50v
Zeppelinrox
Boobah204
Baconstep
Instigatorx
Occupational_hazard
Uncle Irish

#3 · (Edited by Moderator)
Xperiance AOKP CHANGELOG

------------------------
Release Two
------------------------

-> Includes all features from Xperiance AOKP
-> Stock Kernel from AOKP, tweaked for battery life with ONDEMAND governor
-> Based on R4INS 10/10/2012 Unofficial AOKP

------------------------
Release Three
------------------------

-> Updated with R4INS 10/24 AOKP build.
-> added flash player
-> updated solid explorer
-> debloated a bit

---> NEED SUGGESTIONS to debloat and add <------

#8 ·
Great work man, I go where the great Roms go and u definitly have a great Rom in development right here. Which one of the 2 new kernals works better with this Rom. Also Im fixing to get LTE in my area, what do I need to do different to the settings to pick it up. Will it show H+ or 4G LTE in the status bar.

#15 ·
Thanks for the reminder. I know it's one of the apps I have on there, but I consistently forget to track it down. It's either the top contacts app or I think a call log widget. I think the second. I usually uninstall a bunch of stuff from this Rom anyway.

I added apps that I thought people would want, but I don't use most of them. So.... If anyone has any suggestions of apps to remove, please let me know.

Sent from my SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

#31 ·
I will have to say this is my favorite Rom and the best Rom far as I'm concerned.I'm not worried about battery life as much as performance and this Rom has great performance. I use kanger11 kernel and it seems to merge well on this Rom, I use it at higher clock speeds and more aggressive governor. What are some antutu scores from you all? It would be nice to compare with the same Rom and phone combo .

Attachments

#33 ·
Former XDA user and compulsive flasher here since the G1...

I've been running R2 for awhile, flashed R3 when it came out and had tons of problems. Random reboots, freezing up...I had to remove the battery a bunch of times. I did a clean install (wiped everything 3 times).

Any suggestions or reasons why this would happen? R2 is, by far, my favorite ROM out there and I've tried most or all of them. Thank you!

#37 · (Edited by Moderator)
Must b ur phone. I've flashed this about 5 different times n the only problem I've experienced was a call log extension FC. One of these days you should flash back to stock and start over. Put all ur data from internal and ext storage and put it on ur PC and get everything started fresh. Probably will b nicer to u when flashing new ROMs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

#40 ·
First things first. This Rom is amazing and you/r4ins are awesome.

Anyway,my question. My headset (stock Samsung wired earbuds) won't hang up calls any longer but did under R2. It will pause/play audible and music, and it will trigger Google Now. But I can't hang up a call with it. Am I just missing a setting somewhere? Thanks!

Sent from my SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.