Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Sorry, I must be new here
1,187 Posts
READ THE 2nd POST BEFORE YOU COMMENT PLEASE

This thread is a mirror image to this thread

As always!

Before I say anything, I would like to thank Jrummy for helping me with this as much as he did, also for bearing with me through all of my annoying questions. :p

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank Imoseyon for looking over my code and for all of his awesome kernel tweaks.

^Without these two people the Droid X/2 rom community would be totally lame^

ZombieStomped 1.7 is based off of the .595 DX leak. This build seems to run better than the rest. You may have noticed my new customizer script in the previews, and they are finally here! All of the kernel tweaks are still done by default, the only difference is that the install now is a 2 parter. The first zip installs the system files(the rom), the next installs the data files(the customizer goodies).

ZombieStomped 1.7:
Changelog:
-.595 DX leak based
-Data throttling removed
-LED fixed
DLNA is back!
-Customizer (how-to instructions below)
^customizer is the big part of this update!^
-New 2.3.4 gapps, including the new gtalk with video and voice chat (with the hack allowing voice and video chat over 3g)
-InteractiveX Governor by default (Thank you Imoseyon!)
InteractiveX is an interactive governor that clocks itself to 300mhz in sleep mode on it's own. No need for profiles!

Init.d support:
-interactive governor by default (much faster than ondemand)
-logger disabled (Better performance and battery life)
-local.prop redraw hack (I found a lot more redraws in GB compared to Froyo)
-sysctl tweaks
-cron, purge vm caches twice per day as GB is a high RAM OS
-adb fix
-slight minfree tweaks
-undervolt on boot if you choose to want it

All apps fully optimized:
-Deodexed
-Zipaligned on every boot
-Bloat apps removed

Other features:
-CHARGE LIGHT!
-build.prop edits
-updated busybox to work with cron
-CRT screen off animation (don't set window animations to fast in spare parts or it won't work)
-added spare parts
-added blur task manager
-added nano! (Thanks Jrummy!!!)
-10% battery increments
-Full android market
-haptic feedback tweaks

-white battery
-boot logo
-boot animation
-default background - Download it here!

^Phorgotten did an AWESOME job on these images^

Scripts:
-sysrw (mounts system rw)
-sysro (mounts system ro)
-customizer

How-to scripts:
-Go to the android market and download the app known as "Terminal Emulator", it is free
-Open Terminal Emulator and type in "su" enter
-It will prompt for superuser permissions, allow it
-Type in a script from above (sysrw,sysro,customizer)
-Follow the on screen instructions

What's in the customizer?

1) Theme changing on the fly! Choose from all available:
-MotoTheme
-Zombified
-ZombieStomped 1.7 theme
-The Dark Passenger
-Seeing Red
-Swamp Thing (Coming soon!)
-Albinofied (Coming soon!)
2) Quickboot into themes to see if you like them.
3) Boot animation changer
-Stock Droid 2
-Stock Droid X
-Stock ZombieStomped
-Shot Zombie
4) Boot logo changer
-Stock ZombieStomped
-Stock Motorola
-Red Motorola
-Dark Passenger
-Seeing Red
-Albinofied
5) Pulldown text changer (Thank you Jrummy!)
6) Undervolt option (Thank you Jrummy!)
7) Install the netflix app (Thank you p3droid!)

^All original themes, boot animations and boot logos made by Phorgotten^

Customizer Update

All themes have been moved to sdcard
All themes and the netflix app download from a server now and extract to your sdcard
Added Stealth and Blue Bread theme
Added Stealth boot animation
Fixed pulldown text editor issue
Added ZS wallpaper app (Thank you mobile_sensei!)

^To use press menu, wallpapers, Theme Chooser Wallpaper^

How to install ZombieStomped:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
YOU MUST ALREADY BE RUNNING THE OFFICIAL DROID X .595 GB LEAK WHICH CAN BE FOUND HERE.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

If you are running the official Droid X .595 GB leak then:

-bootstrap recovery
-reboot into bootstrap recovery
-MAKE A BACKUP
-Wipe data/factory reset
-Install ZombieStomped1.7DXROM.zip
-Wipe data/factory reset, (yes, wipe again)
-Install ZombieStomped1.7DATA.zip
-Reboot

^Google Talk may force close on the first boot, this is normal.^

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Download Zombiestomped 1.7:
>>>ZombieStomped1.7DXROM.zip<<<
Download Zombiestomped 1.7DATA.zip:
>>>ZombieStomed1.7DATA.zip<<<
Download ZombieStomped 1.7 FIXED Customizer Update!:
>>>CustoUpdate.zip<<<
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

^Install CustoUpdate.zip through clockwork recovery, wipe nothing.^

Screenshots

DISCLAIMER
I am not responsible for anything that may go wrong with you're device after installing this. If something did go wrong, chances are you didn't follow directions correctly.

This thread is a mirror image to this thread

·
1,187 Posts
README:

Download links are in the first post
This thread is not mine nor have I worked on it at all. I was a fan of it and want to share the awesomesauce!
This ROM is made by Jboxen(@jakebites)

I will support the ROM here as best I can
I still recommend using the OP as a place to talk about Zombiestomped

This ROM is old, I should know that. I posted it....
It will be updated to .596 eventually.
Until then, use it or don't

·
Android Master
1,434 Posts
It's been out for awhile, I think he's just posting it here.

I believe the dev will be making a GB once GB is available on the dx2.

·
Average Android
87 Posts
question didnt drew garen make something similar to this one? just curious is all, i am possibly wrong, but didnt he make a zombiestomped? or was his named something else?

either way thanks for the post

·
Android Master
1,434 Posts
He had nothing to do with zombie stomped.

I could make a few jokes but no need.

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Anyway, Jake is now part of our new DEV TEAM, Sturdy Click Syndicate, & we are working on a few ROMs right now, to be released soon. The great parts of ZS will be incorporated.
I do have a question for the OP, as to why you think ZS will be updated to a 596 build only after the DX2 receives an update?:_con:? I think what you were referring to was a statement Jake made a while back about updating to 596 when the DROID 2 not DX2 received an OTA update, due to the glitches in porting 596 to D2 on non OTA Builds. Just thought I would comment on what was going on behind the scenes, & due to the mis-information on the DX2 deal.
Stay Tuned For S.C.S releases though, we have a great team put together, which Jake is a big part of, & our 1st release is coming soon...
Thanks~

·
Android Master
1,434 Posts
Sorry about mixing droid2 and dx2.

·
Android Apprentice
29 Posts
^couldnt agree more. One after my favorites! I just have a flash addition ancient can't stay on a rom longer than a week or two. Lol

*of don't know y it corrected it to after.

·
Android Beginner
7 Posts
mobile_sensei said:
Anyway, Jake is now part of our new DEV TEAM, Sturdy Click Syndicate, & we are working on a few ROMs right now, to be released soon. The great parts of ZS will be incorporated.
I do have a question for the OP, as to why you think ZS will be updated to a 596 build only after the DX2 receives an update?:_con:? I think what you were referring to was a statement Jake made a while back about updating to 596 when the DROID 2 not DX2 received an OTA update, due to the glitches in porting 596 to D2 on non OTA Builds. Just thought I would comment on what was going on behind the scenes, & due to the mis-information on the DX2 deal.
Stay Tuned For S.C.S releases though, we have a great team put together, which Jake is a big part of, & our 1st release is coming soon...
Thanks~
Awesome news. I was wondering if he had given up on the DX since I remember him saying he was fooling around with tablets. Can't wait to see what you guys come up with.

·
Average Android
301 Posts
thanks for link and reminder. Been awhile since i had a X and forgot about this rom. Man its way smoother then all the rest and for some odd reason it seems like colors are more rich with this rom... Must be in my head though.

·
Android Beginner
6 Posts
Great news on new stuff being worked on, I thinik I am about to go back to this ROM till it comes out. It was the best I had been on in a while.

·
Android Apprentice
135 Posts
Has anybody run into an issue where when you long press the Home button to bring up recent apps and select one, I often get the error "Application is not installed on your phone."? If I then open up All Apps in the launcher, I can select the same app and it will work.

Out of curiosity, if I wanted to go back to rooted .596, could I simply restore a nandroid backup?

·
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
deercreek said:
Has anybody run into an issue where when you long press the Home button to bring up recent apps and select one, I often get the error "Application is not installed on your phone."? If I then open up All Apps in the launcher, I can select the same app and it will work.

Out of curiosity, if I wanted to go back to rooted .596, could I simply restore a nandroid backup?
I've gotten that in a couple of ROMs...not sure why though. I'd love to know.

·
Android Apprentice
135 Posts
It's weird because it mainly seems to be happening with TweetDeck. Since ZombieStomped is using the Blur app drawer, I created a new group with just TweetDeck in it. If I try to select TweetDeck from the Recent group, I get the error, I can immediately change to my TweetDeck only group and select it with no problem. Weird.

·
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
deercreek said:
It's weird because it mainly seems to be happening with TweetDeck. Since ZombieStomped is using the Blur app drawer, I created a new group with just TweetDeck in it. If I try to select TweetDeck from the Recent group, I get the error, I can immediately change to my TweetDeck only group and select it with no problem. Weird.
Try deleting Tweetdeck's data and see if that helps
Delete dalvik if you don't have any luck and let me know if you still get the error

1 - 20 of 37 Posts