Android OS Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
47 Posts
Noz said:
So all there is here is the unity rom?
thanks. appreciate the complete overlook.

i havent updated my rom over here all month long, simply because there didnt seem to be any interest whatsoever

·
Android Apprentice
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Didn't see rumrunner on here till I looked again. Damn tapatalk...

I guess this site is new

Sent from my Inspire 4G

·
Android Apprentice
47 Posts
i have actually been wondering myself, why there doesnt seem to be any action over here. i will update rumrunner here on next release

·
Android Apprentice
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looking forward to it. Even the Desire HD section looks a bit empty..

Sent from my Inspire 4G

·
Android Apprentice
118 Posts
I was super pumped for the latest AOSP project ROM, looks like that one's been bailed on too...

·
Android Apprentice
59 Posts
I am interested in trying roms. I am no dev but I do like messing with the roms. I thought my volume up button was broke in recovery as I used it so much.

·
Average Android
104 Posts
I'm still being a wuss and haven't played with any other roms yet. I got cm7 to work and just started messing with the overclock. I kinda want to fully understand what I have before I move on. Will you guys post screen shots so I can see what your roms look like

Sent from my little android monster using RootzWiki Forums

·
Average Android
104 Posts
OK guys I have a question for you. My phone has been doing an annoying vibrate when I make calls..make call..call is answered..screen waking up when i switch ears...and finally when I hang up. I've looked in every setting I could and turned of as much vibrate options as I can find but no luck. The people I call can't help but laugh because it sounds like a goose on there end. Is this maybe the rom or the phone or could it maybe operator error. And ideas would be greatly appreciated

·
Android Apprentice
118 Posts
Technowizard66 said:
OK guys I have a question for you. My phone has been doing an annoying vibrate when I make calls..make call..call is answered..screen waking up when i switch ears...and finally when I hang up. I've looked in every setting I could and turned of as much vibrate options as I can find but no luck. The people I call can't help but laugh because it sounds like a goose on there end. Is this maybe the rom or the phone or could it maybe operator error. And ideas would be greatly appreciated

When I first got mine, the volume would randomly go all the way down (into vibrate mode) when I was making a call. I switched ROMs and it was fixed. What do you have flashed?

·
Average Android
104 Posts
Rom manager 5.0.2.0 and cm7 7.1.0. Also am I doing something wrong every time I reboot the phone I have to reapply the theme and keyboard settings and its getting a little annoying. I feel like I cheated on rootzwiki, I glanced over at xda,lol but no info. Can\'t shake this feeling I messed something up?

·
Android Apprentice
118 Posts
It's possible.

Do you have titanium backup?
If you do, I would recommend doing a full backup (user apps and system data). Boot into CWM recovery and do a full wipe (format system/data/cache/dalvik) (system/data/cache is in "mounts and storage", dalvik cache is in "advanced") and then reflash CM7. Once you boot back up, restore all apps and system data in Titianium backup (having the pro version makes this a one click process, well worth the money)

·
Android Apprentice
59 Posts
I think titanium pro was my first purchase. It is very useful, although I am a diehard and just restore my user apps and data. It can suck but I found that when I am redoing my system setup, I found out where I went horribly wrong which is often enough.

·
Android Apprentice
118 Posts
I'd do it without restoring the system data. If it's something in the system data you'll just corrupt it again.
Yepp, system data from one rom typically doesn't play well with another (especially when going between ext4 and ext3 filesystems)

·
Android Apprentice
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So still slim pickings on the Rome here...sad.

sent from the Dark Obelisk.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts