Android OS Forum banner
181 - 200 of 200 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
what can i do????
I had a hard time getting this to work as well. First, I could not get root access with the Kindle plugged into my USB 3.0 ports on the front of my PC case. When I plugged my KF into a USB 2.0 port, I began to make a bit of progress. The next hurdle was making sure I followed jcase's instructions EXACTLY in sequence.

1. Download BurritoRoot3.apk and copy it onto theKFire.

2. Bring up the command prompt and change the directory to the KindleADB folder.

3. Type "adb shell chmod 777 /data/local/tmp" into the command prompt and press 'Enter.'

4. Type "adb install BurritoRoot3.apk" into the command prompt and press 'Enter.'

5. NOW open the BurritoRoot3 app on the Kindle Fire.

6. Type "adb shell /data/local/tmp/BurritoRoot3.bin --root" into the command prompt and press 'Enter.' You'll be able to tell here if things are working.

7. Once root access is gained, you'll be prompted to type in "adb shell /data/local/tmp/BurritoRoot3.bin --install" and hit 'Enter.' Do so.

That's pretty much it. It took me a few attempts to get right. Good Luck!

·
Registered
1 Posts
ok I am having problems with getting the Ulitlities to find my device I have got the drivers installed an it shows up in my devicem Manager as Android Composite ADB Interface. But from there I'm stuck cause it still shows as my device not being connect even though it is. Anyone have a solution for this cause I have tried everything that I have read to resolve this issue.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So, for some reason when I paste in "adb shell /data/local/tmp/BurritoRoot3.bin --root" I get the response: not found.

What am I doing wrong/how do I fix this?

I have followed all of the other steps and had no problem. The kindle is connected to the computer via usb, the app is open. - However - in order to get to the app, I had to click "disconnect" on the kindle in order to get back to the home screen. Could that be the problem?

I tried unplugging and re-plugging the kindle into the computer with the app already open, and have the "you can now trasfer files from your computer to kindle" screen open - and have tried running the cmd prompt at this point to, but no luck.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey,

First of all, congratulations Jcase for this app and users for this topic. Great job!

Question: Which test can I perform in order to make sure my device is rooted?

I installed the drivers, got adb working. Followed all steps, got no errors, apparently everything worked (not in first try) however I'm not sure if this is really rooted.
I can see BurritoRoot3 in the SuperUser application. But I can't navigate to some directories (like /root and /data) with File Explore neither install GoogleServicesFramework.apk to get access to Android Market.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
As this can be useful to more people, I'm sharing my solution:
I did some research and found Root Checked Basic. This app checks if you got root access or not. In my case the issues was not root access, but the file expert app.

·
Prepare Your Android
252 Posts
I got this screen, and then my Kindle restarted, and now it's stuck at the Kindle Fire logo.......have I just bricked it? tried restarting again, still stuck.
How did you get it to reboot normally? I am still stuck at the kindle fire logo, as well and I can't get adb to acknowledge the device and have had no luck otherwise. Even the unbrick utility hasn't been able to do anything.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am getting the screen above on my kindle and have done what it said to do and am still getting that screen. I know I am doing something dumb would appreciate any help. Thanks

·
Registered
477 Posts
I am getting the screen above on my kindle and have done what it said to do and am still getting that screen. I know I am doing something dumb would appreciate any help. Thanks
Did you get it figured out? I'll have to jog my memory from rooting a few weeks ago, but it was a simple step from that point...
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using RootzWiki

·
Registered
2 Posts
You guys are going to think I'm really stupid for this, but I had rooted my kindle and flashed CM7, then decided to switch back to the stock ROM so I flashed that. When I remembered how much it sucked, I tried to go back to CM7, I accidentally hit Wipe System, and now I can't get it out of TWRP recovery... please please please help. I feel like such a moron.

·
Android Beginner
8 Posts
Dying for a root option for 6.3.1 so I don't have to be lost when my mother in law asks me how to use it...ugh. hate the stock crap. Doesn't even have a Facebook app for her...makes her use the mobile site.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

·
Android Apprentice
320 Posts
Dying for a root option for 6.3.1 so I don't have to be lost when my mother in law asks me how to use it...ugh. hate the stock crap. Doesn't even have a Facebook app for her...makes her use the mobile site.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2
I was just going to ask if there was a way to root 6.3.1?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've followed the instructions and get error as below:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools>adb shell /data/local/
tmp/BurritoRoot3.bin --install
BurritoRoot3 Installer 0.1 by TeamAndIRC
#########################################################################
Usage: BurritoRoot3.bin <parameter>
--root - Restart adbD as root, and install Superuser app
--install - Install su
#########################################################################
BurritoRoot3 kroot 0.1 - TeamAndIRC
Remounting /system...
mount: Operation not permitted
Cleaning up, ignore any errors
rm failed for /system/xbin/su, Read-only file system
rm failed for /system/bin/su, Read-only file system
Installing su...
cannot create /system/xbin/su: read-only file system
Unable to chmod /system/xbin/su: No such file or directory
Unable to chmod /system/xbin/su: No such file or directory
Remounting /system..
mount: Operation not permitted
Root installed
cannot create /data/local.prop: permission denied
cannot create /data/local.prop: permission denied
Starting: Intent { act=android.intent.action.MAIN cmp=net.andirc.burritoroot3/.F
ireFireFire }
Please check your Kindle's screen

It looks like the mount isn't working. Any ideas?

181 - 200 of 200 Posts