Android OS Forum banner

[Root][Bootloader] BurritoRoot3 - Kindle Fire Root. Easy root edition

306K views 199 replies 88 participants last post by  slisbin 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Burritoroot3 does not work on anything before 6.2 nor anything after 6.2.2

BurritoRoot3 is not opensource, it is free, but it is not free to distribute. Please do not redistribute it.

Disclaimer:
BurritoRoot3 may void your warranty. While it was tested, over and over, a chance of data loss or hardware damage always exists. If something bad happens due to your use of BurritoRoot3, well it is your fault not our's, don't blame any of us.

To donate to jcase of TeamAndIRC go here:
http://forum.xda-dev...e.php?u=2376614

To donate to pokey900 for the FireFireFire Bootloader go here:
http://forum.xda-dev...me.php?u=466725

Download:
http://download.cunn...urritoRoot3.apk

BurritoRoot3 is an all in one package, to root and install the custom bootlaoder, FireFireFire, onto the KindleFire.

Instructions are pretty plain and simple, however you will have to get adb working on your own (if you have written, or know of adb guides for the Kindle Fire please PM me to list them here).

What it does:
Gains root, installs superuser, installs su and installs the FireFireFire bootloader.

At this time, we do not have permission to distribute any recovery, once one is available for our use, we will add auto flashing of recovery.

Usage example :

jcase@phenom:~$ adb shell chmod 777 /data/local/tmp <---- This one is important, it may not create BurritoRoot3.bin if this is not done
jcase@phenom:~$ adb install BurritoRoot3.apk
4897 KB/s (1151520 bytes in 0.229s)
pkg: /data/local/tmp/BurritoRoot3.apk
Success

<open the app now>

jcase@phenom:~$ adb shell /data/local/tmp/BurritoRoot3.bin --root
BurritoRoot3 Installer 0.1 by TeamAndIRC
#########################################################################
Usage: BurritoRoot3.bin <parameter>
--root - Restart adbD as root, and install Superuser app
--install - Install su
Gaining root...
Installing Superuser APP, if it erros as already exists, please ignore the error.
pkg: /data/data/net.andirc.burritoroot3/bin/Superuser.apk
Success
Restarting adbD as root...
Please run adb shell /data/local/tmp/BurritoRoot3.bin --install
jcase@phenom:~$ adb shell /data/local/tmp/BurritoRoot3.bin --install
BurritoRoot3 Installer 0.1 by TeamAndIRC
Usage: BurritoRoot3.bin <parameter>
--root - Restart adbD as root, and install Superuser app
--install - Install su
BurritoRoot3 kroot 0.1 - TeamAndIRC
Remounting /system...
Cleaning up, ignore any errors
rm failed for /system/xbin/su, No such file or directory
rm failed for /system/bin/su, No such file or directory
Installing su...
Remounting /system..
Root installed
Starting: Intent { act=android.intent.action.MAIN cmp=net.andirc.burritoroot3/.FireFireFire }
Please check your Kindle's screen
jcase@phenom:~$

To install the CWR recovery by DoomLord after gaining root:

Download it, and push it to your Kindle

Code:
adb push <filename> /data/local/recovery.img<br />
adb shell dd if=/data/local/recovery.img of=/dev/block/platform/mmci-omap-hs.1/by-name/recovery

See less See more
#13 · (Edited by Moderator)
Thanks for the hard work and service to the community!

Don't understand exactly where I am supposed to unzip the Superuser files to, somewhere on the PC?. Already have Superuser on the KF and was previously rooted. Does this mean I can skip the superuser step?

UPDATE: Never did figure out for sure where to put su but it was already on my KF from a previous root so didn't need that step.

#14 ·
Thanks for the hard work and service to the community!

Don't understand exactly where I am supposed to unzip the Superuser files to, somewhere on the PC?. Already have Superuser on the KF and was previously rooted. Does this mean I can skip the superuser step?
You probably still have to push su

#16 ·
Seems to work, however acts a bit strange Titanium backup asks for root, when I click allow it still fails to get root, made sure I had busybox also, but no matter what I do it fails :-(
so I thought maybe root did not work, but when I ran a screenshot app that needs root, it asks for root, I hit allow and it snaps screenshots fine, so not sure this is a full root method.

would running super oneclick after this method improve things? or make them worse?

#18 ·
The root is full/complete however the su binary and superuser apps may not be appropriate for the Kindle Fire, I don't have one so I could not test. Replace them with the appropriate ones, those were from ICS on my Nexus S

#26 ·
All finally got mine working, coincidense who know, but I was stock out of the box on 6.0xxxx and after my third computer install, the 6.2.1 update got pushed, so I let it finish, then retried again and everything just WORKED this time. Maybe it was due to the earlier version who knows..... oh well. on the next adventure.

#27 ·
Ok, looks like fine work, but I have a problem.

My mom is trying to re-root her Kindle, but it looks like you need to install the BurritoRoot apk on the Kindle Fire. But you need some kind of file manager to do that... and Amazon won't let her use their app market. Apparently Market is only available to people with an American credit card with an American billing address.

She's already got adb working. Does anyone know if you can do an adb install on the apk BEFORE rooting? Or any other way to install it on the Fire? I'd really much prefer to use this method to one that requires flashing a recovery image.

#32 ·
Where exactly do I unzip the superuser zip to?? On my kindle or computer and into which folder? I am really new to this and I think I have gone through a lot of steps to get this far. I am trying to push "su" and I get an error that says "No such file or directory". PLEASE help

#33 ·
Where exactly do I unzip the superuser zip to?? On my kindle or computer and into which folder? I am really new to this and I think I have gone through a lot of steps to get this far. I am trying to push "su" and I get an error that says "No such file or directory". PLEASE help
On your computer.

#39 ·
Thanks for the awesome work guys. I've been wanting to get my calendar working again.

I know that OTA Rootkeeper allows Amazon Prime to function again, but what steps would we take to unroot manually?

Can I just:
1. Delete su from /system/xbin
2. Uninstall superuser.apk
3. Unroot through BurritoRoot.apk
4. Reboot
?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.