Android OS Forum banner

Root for the GT-P3110!

69K views 88 replies 26 participants last post by  Lunatico 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
*** Large Edit ***
Due to some firmware miss-matches I am Pulling the boot flash, the new process will be using CWM First, then the CWM Root package!
This is for the GT-P3113 AND GT-P3110 (the only difference is storage IIRC)

Big fat warning, I MAKE NO GUARANTEES THIS WILL NOT BRICK YOUR TAB, USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!

Now with that unpleasantness out of the way.. with out further ado. I present the very first root for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0!! Yay mom I'm a dev now!

The original root exploit, re-flashing the boot partition will no longer be available due to some in-compatibleies with miss-matched firmware (sorry about that!)

Hence forth to get root, Flash xoomdev's CWM recovery First, then flash the package in this post.

Xoomdev's thread

Paste of his instructions:

Download the recovery.tar.md5

Make sure Kies is closed
Reboot into Download mode (adb reboot download)
Open Odin, confirm connection
Click PDA
Load recovery.tar.md5 file
Click Start
Device will reboot when the flash is complete

To reboot into recovery, just like any other device; adb reboot recovery

Link to the CWM Package

Link to root package

Congratulations you are now rooted!

See less See more
#10 ·
Worked like a charm. Great job. Do you have a donate button? Love to send some money your way.

#16 ·
Worked like a charm first try! I had a issue with Heimdall giving libusb problems on Windows 7.. so I switched over and did it on my MacbookAir with OSX and worked fine. Thank you!

#18 ·
I had the same libusb error on my first attempt with Heimdall; I just opened up the zadig.exe driver installer, replaced the SAMSUNG USB driver with the one from that package, unplugged/replugged in my USB cable, and everything flashed fine the second time. I'm on Windows 7 x64, so hopefully this works for you.

#21 ·
I'm going to wait for his CWM root package myself.

You know how it goes...
1. Flash CWM in Odin.
2. Load CWM.
3. Flash root package in CWM.
4. ????
5. PROFIT!!!

#25 ·
Reactions: b16 and KaLiBLeeK
#30 ·
Last random question!

So, in the misguided attempt to modify my build.prop file to access more apps in the Play Store, I have managed to bork my Tab somewhat; After the Tab logo, I get a black screen. I've tried a few different methods to restore the stock build.prop, to no avail...

Does anybody know how I might be able to make a CWM flashable zip with a stock build.prop file in it? I've tried a couple different zips, with no success.

Again, thanks in advance...and sorry for being an idiot. Haha.

#31 ·
Can't you just adb push it from recovery?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.