61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Is unroot as simple as:

adb remount
adb shell rm /system/xbin/su
adb reboot

Or of course doing a factory reset? Thanks again jcase!

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi im new this forum and was wondering if maybe you guys can help me out here im a newbie and kinda new to all this cmd prompt thing but would like to root my b90 ive figured out the most part got adb up and running im just not understanding the last part on how to root it and...also i cant seems to get the su file to save right keeps saving as text please if anyone could help...thank you very much in advance!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm sorry if this has already been answered but its late and I'm really tired...Anyways

Can someone PLEASE explain in debt exactly what to do once I get to the "fire up the command line and make it happen!" part?

Okay well what did I do wrong? This is what I did:

Went to C:\android-sdk\platform-tools
Held shift and Right-Clicked while in that folder
Clicked "Open command window here"
then typed the first command word for word "adb push nachoroot.bin /data/local/" (without quotes of course)

and it says "'abd' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file."

Anyone know what to do? Please help me!

·
Registered
421 Posts
hey guys i ready we getting ics some time today, since theres no unlock bootloader im wondering if it makes no difference if we take the update or not, cuz if we dont take it, theres no recovery right so we r not gonna be able to get ics anyways so should we take it, and since we r rooted would there be a way to keep root if we take it

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

·
TeamBatCat
135 Posts
Ok. I am stuck. Yesterday I was rooted (or so I thought I was). The adb shell id command showed 0 as stated in the OP. I tried to run Titanium Backup and it said no busybox was installed. I got around to trying to push busybox today and now I have no root! I attempted to run the process again and I keep failing the adb shell id check. It is no longer zeros. Any ideas?

·
Android Apprentice
34 Posts
If you are on ics and didn't root prior and follow the nessecary steps afterwards you will not have root and be stuck in the same boat as many of us....

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm sorry if this has already been answered but its late and I'm really tired...Anyways

Can someone PLEASE explain in debt exactly what to do once I get to the "fire up the command line and make it happen!" part?

Okay well what did I do wrong? This is what I did:

Went to C:\android-sdk\platform-tools
Held shift and Right-Clicked while in that folder
Clicked "Open command window here"
then typed the first command word for word "adb push nachoroot.bin /data/local/" (without quotes of course)

and it says "'abd' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file."

Anyone know what to do? Please help me!
If C:\android-sdk isn't in your Path statement you'll need to type .\adb <adb commands here>

where the text in the <> is the rest of the command you need. So "adb push nachoroot.bin /data/local/" becomes ".\adb push nachoroot.bin /data/local/" (without the quotes of course).

·
Registered
1 Posts
i keep getting "adb server is out of date. killing..."

when i type "adb shell id" i see "uid=2000<shell>" etc...nothing that says "0/root"
HELP! LOL

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a tablet that was built from the TF-101 core. Stage 1 is OK but Stage 2 reports "cannot create /data/local.prop:permission denied"
Any clue how I can work around this?
Thanks!

·
Android Apprentice
113 Posts
I received my tablet this morning, and it's on the newest Firmware: V9.4.2.21.

Can anyone confirm if I can still downgrade to an older firmware to attain root via OTA Rootkeeper, then update to the newest firmware? Any help with this is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hmmm ive done the first two steps twice and this is what im getting for id:

uid=2000(shell) gid=2000(shell) groups=1003(graphics),1004(input),1007(log),1009(mount),1011(adb),1015(sdcard_rw),3001(net_bt_admin),3002(net_bt),3003(inet)

i don't see any 0 /root in there. trying again.
Please tell me what have you done .after you got above user id i got the same i dont know what to do next please help me (try to root my kindle fire )

61 - 77 of 77 Posts