Android OS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I obviously don't know what I'm doing but hopefully one of you can help. Below is my current SGH-1777 stats in the "about phone" after I tried to root it. I didn't understand the root instructions very well (Ya stupid me) and temporarily bricked my phone because after the reboot I got the evil yellow triangle. I could see the options to chose from but none of them would respond.

So I reconnected my bricked phone to my PC and put the phone in download mode and reinstalled the stock kernel which I had saved earlier and the phone works normal again, but it looks like I still have the installs from the root first root attempt:

"about phone"
Android Vs 2.3.4
Base band Vs 1777UCKH7
Kernel Vs 2.6.35.7
Build number UCKH7

I was rooting my phone because I'm pis... off at Samsung and AT&T because part of the reason I bought this phone was for the NFC feature and wanted to use Google Wallet. I also read where rooting the phone improves battery life and get rid of all the bloatware AT&T stuck me with. In my software list I see where I have Superuser and the ROM manager still installed.

Do I need to start all over and how do I do that, or am I just missing a piece of the puzzle? I think one mistake I accidentally made was using the ODIN 1.82 instead of the 1.85 but when I try to PDA the 1.85 now the PDA screen flashes for a second and disappears.

Thanks,

Newbie Needs Help

·
Developer
29 Posts
Best to just try the right rooted kernel for KH7 if you are still on that build. What did you use last time?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is what I have in about phone now and when I use ROM Manager premium and try to install a rom I get a signature issue. Then I try to toggle to where it turns that off but have no idea how to do that one simple step. I assume once I figure that out it will go ahead and install it.

About phone:
Android: 2.3.6
Baseband: I777UCKK6
Kernel: 2.6.35.7
Build: Gingerbread.UCKK6

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yeah rom manager doesn't play well with our phones (i777). Download a clockworkmod recovery.tar go into download mode and flash it with Odin. Then reboot into cwm and do a wipe data factory reset and install what ya want. Entropys kernel would work great for ya.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts