Android OS Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
if cool had a retarded brother
208 Posts
Check my cm9 kang thread .. there is a touchwiz Odin in there

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using RootzWiki
Let me ask you a question. Does this unlock the bootloader also? I ask because although I haven't used this method before, I have tried to get root before and both times I bricked my tablet after I tried to install CWMR through Rom Manager. I used your method the other day and so far it has been successful. but I have the older version of CWMR and I think some of the roms do not stick because of this. I finally found a stock version of Honeycomb and managed to flash it successfuly and have been using that for the past few days. I downloaded a few root apps like TBup and Root Ex. but after a day all my apps suddenly lost root privileges and I had to reflash your kernel to bring it back. I can only assume the only reason for it is maybe the bootlloader stays locked. I've also tried to use Odin but that hasn't work well either. I'm kinda stuck and I need someone with more experience that can help me. I actually want stock ICS without TWui if it's possible. can you help me?

·
Mad Source Themes
180 Posts
2 things on that ... sorry for the short response I'm in a rush. Boot loader is unlocked from factory on the lte version .. and no you can't flash the cwm from rom manager .. it is for the wifi version. .. to keep root on the touchwiz rom you have to flash the kernel before ever booting into the rom or you will lose root

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using RootzWiki

·
208 Posts
ok so how do I get the newest version of CWMR, everywhere I've seen it says to DL through Rom Manager. thanks for responding BTW

·
208 Posts

·
208 Posts
it says the file image isn't valid

·
208 Posts
F* it. i'm just gonna stick to stock 3.1

·
208 Posts
tried that it wont let me unzip it

·
208 Posts
hmmm, ill check and see what version I have

·
Android Beginner
23 Posts
So i flashed these files and have root but i think i messed up. i dl rom manager from the play store and flashed latest cwmr and now I have no recovery. Any help would be appreciated

Sent from my SCH-I905 using RootzWiki

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am hoping someone can help me. I have a Galaxy Tab 10.1 LTE version device. I had rooted it several months ago. No celluar service/activation. I was using it simply as a WiFi only unit. It had CWM installed and I had put the latest at the time version of Jelly Bean on the tablet. Everything worked as expected. About a month ago, I tried to turn it on and it did not respond. I was able to get it to display the Samsung Boot logo. It will not go past that. I have read everything I can find; downloaded everything I can find and tried to restore it. I can boot it into Odin using my PC and apply various files (recovery/image). Odin states that it completed successfully but it will not boot. I cannot boot it into a recovery. If I choose that option, I get simply a blank screen. Has anyone ever seen this type of behavior? Can anyone help?

21 - 39 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.