Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 190 Posts

·
Android Lover
455 Posts
Standard Disclaimer: What you are about to do will void your warranty. There is also the slight possibility that you could damage your phone if you do it wrong -- and maybe even if you do it right. You undertake this activity with that in mind and are solely responsible for the results.

For Windows computers

PetesMotorolaRootTools_v1.07.zip

Instructions to Root:
1. Make sure you have Motorola drivers installed - Motorola Drivers 32bit Motorola Drivers 64bit
2. Download the PetesMotorolaRootTools v1.05.zip file and unzip it to your Windows PC.
3. On your phone go into Settings>Applications>Development and check the box for USB Debugging.
4. Plug phone into your computer and select "Charge Only" mode.
5. Navigate to PetesMotorolaRootTools v1.05 folder and run Pete's Motorola Root Tools.exe.
6. Follow the instructions in the command window.
7. Your phone will complete 3 steps, rebooting along the way. When it finishes, you will be rooted.

Instructions to UnRoot:
1. Make sure the Motorola drivers are still installed.
2. Make sure USB Debugging is still selected.
3. Connect your Bionic to your computer.
4. Run the Pete's Motorola Root Tools.exe.
5. Select UnRoot My Phone at the bottom.
6. Your phone will reboot 3-4 times as the program goes through all 4 steps in the process.

For Linux and OSX CAN NOT UNROOT ON LINUX
This has been tested on Linux and OSX(also confirmed on Ubuntu 11.04)
Instructions should be the same as the Windows version above.

1. Download and Fully Unzip 'Droid Easy Root V7D.zip' - Droid Easy Root V7D
2. On your phone: Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging(check box)
3. Plug phone into computer and select "Charge Only" mode
4. Navigate to wherever you extracted it and run the file
5. Now just follow the instructions in the command window and unlock the phone after each reboot.

If you have problems with ADB or are getting errors try this. GUIDE ADB bug/problem FIX

Would like to thank all the People that made this possible

·
Android Apprentice
34 Posts
I dont have a bionic but I will still say this is awesome Root rules so does ROOTZWIKI peace!!!!

·
Android Beginner
6 Posts
How long did it take for your phones to root? Mine seems to not be going past the "SEARCHING FOR THE PHONE" message that first pops up...

·
Android Lover
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mine took the whole process of rooting and unrooting about 10 mins. About 5 mins for the root

·
Android Lover
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The bootloader is still locked. This is only for root.

Sent from my Droid using RootzWiki Forums

·
Android Lover
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Do you know what was wrong on windiws7? That's what I used to root and unroot

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using RootzWiki Forums

·
Android Lover
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The instructions you used were taken from the same place I got mine. Its the same method only different names for the .zip files. You need a bootstrap to boot into CWM because the bootloader is locked

·
Supporting Member
820 Posts
adroidman said:
The instructions you used were taken from the same place I got mine. Its the same method only different names for the .zip files. You need a bootstrap to boot into CWM because the bootloader is locked

Yeah but do remember there's no recovery yet .

1 - 20 of 190 Posts