Android OS Forum banner
41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
ya video is tits up,

I tried this root but can't seem to get my USB drivers to install, will try to get that fixed eventually, and try again.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Finally :) after struggling for those USB Drivers and couldn't even verify it I have root access, mysteriously though I have not seen the weird symbol that peopple say come up. oh well now for the rest of the task

·
The Dude
301 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
HI

I followed your instruction on rooting the S4 MJ7 and after a few times it clicked , so thanks for that

After I went down and removed the list of apps you said that we didn't need. Using EFS I searched out "Knox" and I found a few more files.

Please let me know if these are safe to dump too:

libknoxdrawglfuntion

[email protected]@knox

[email protected]@com.sec

knox folder w/ clips.info & clips.info_temp (inside the folder)

sec_contain_1.zzz

KnoxModeSwitcher

com.sec.knox.store

on a side note -

Verizon log in 3.1.15

Thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
HI

I followed your instruction on rooting the S4 MJ7 and after a few times it clicked , so thanks for that

After I went down and removed the list of apps you said that we didn't need. Using EFS I searched out "Knox" and I found a few more files.

Please let me know if these are safe to dump too:

libknoxdrawglfuntion

[email protected]@knox

[email protected]@com.sec

knox folder w/ clips.info & clips.info_temp (inside the folder)

sec_contain_1.zzz

KnoxModeSwitcher

com.sec.knox.store

on a side note -

Verizon log in 3.1.15

Thanks
I work today. I'll check tonight

·
Registered
73 Posts
So anyone know if we will be getting custom recovery and bootloader back

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
73 Posts
So i can never run aosp since you must use stock kernel with safestrap

·
Registered
73 Posts
Well that just makes me want to go and blow up that damn verizon store. I simply hate this phone and wish my s3 hadnt broke :( i went from a sweet ass 4.3 rom with all the bells and whistles to this piece of shit touchwiz crap. Only good thing about this phone is the ir blaster and thats not even cool enough to make up for what i lost. Guess i need to figure something out and return this useless ass phone to verizon.

Sorry for the rambling im just very upset about all this as i just got this phone earlier today and was very excited.

·
The Dude
301 Posts
Yeah. You're SOL. Not enough DEVs use an S4 for it to gain the popularity from that group. I am a huge ROMer, and I do regret not getting a phone where I could put CM on it like I could with my GNex. Luckily, this a good enough phone in the other major areas to help sooth that sting. Camera, battery, and screen are all superb. I'm quite content in regards to that, and those specs now mean more to me than ROMing after living with Gnex for 2 yrs. Oh well, and another positive note is the S4 is such a popular selling phone that we should get 4.4(kitkat) update at least by end of next year.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Yeah. You're SOL. Not enough DEVs use an S4 for it to gain the popularity from that group. I am a huge ROMer, and I do regret not getting a phone where I could put CM on it like I could with my GNex. Luckily, this a good enough phone in the other major areas to help sooth that sting. Camera, battery, and screen are all superb. I'm quite content in regards to that, and those specs now mean more to me than ROMing after living with Gnex for 2 yrs. Oh well, and another positive note is the S4 is such a popular selling phone that we should get 4.4(kitkat) update at least by end of next year.
Wow. Makes me glad I got the Dev Edition! Kept my unlimited & got a kick-ass phone. IR blaster, 64gb SD card, removable battery, plus great custom rom Hyperdrive.

Sent from my Hyperdriven Dev Edition Vzw SCH-I545 with KT kernel using Tapatalk 4

·
Registered
2 Posts
Triangle away doesn't work to get rid of the 'Samsung custom unlocked padlock' boot screen on my S4 on mj7. Can someone explain how that's supposed to work or what steps I need to take to do this? I've messed around with all the 'system' options and still nothing. Do I need to reset the flash counter to do get rid of the custom screen? My flash counter is at '0' already... 'System' in 'Current Status' seems to go back and forth between 'Official' and 'Modified' randomly. One reboot it's official, and then if I reboot again it's back at modified even if I haven't changed anything in triangle away. When it says 'Official' then the unlock boot screen isn't there, but when it goes back to 'modified', the custom boot screen comes back.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It did not work for me but the vroot screen was a little different than the one in the video you had a picture of a phone I had a USB connector but the version was the same

Ben

·
Android Beginner
14 Posts
Any luck finding an exploit that doesnt require this mystery closed source app to phone home my personal data?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using RootzWiki mobile app

·
Premium Member
4,348 Posts
Any luck finding an exploit that doesnt require this mystery closed source app to phone home my personal data?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using RootzWiki mobile app
Though it will only work so long as one is on wifi at home, one could find out the hostname/ip addresses it calls home to via wireshark or directly on the router and load some sort of custom firmware (ddwrt/openwrt) on the router to block said hostnames/ip addresses via blocking them with /etc/hosts or iptables.

If none of that makes sense though, it's best to assume it's phoning home for benign reasons or switch to another device.

·
Registered
5 Posts
the router and load some sort of custom firmware (ddwrt/openwrt) on the router to block said hostnames/ip addresses via blocking them with /etc/hosts or iptables.
Wouldn't it be easier for someone with the wireshark already set up to catch it and then publicize it for individuals to add to there pc/device host file (now that it's rooted after all ;) )

If none of that makes sense though, it's best to assume it's phoning home for benign reasons or switch to another device.
This :)

·
Premium Member
4,348 Posts
Wouldn't it be easier for someone with the wireshark already set up to catch it and then publicize it for individuals to add to there pc/device host file (now that it's rooted after all ;) )

This :)
I don't own a galaxy s4, so won't be written by me unfortunately.

41 - 60 of 63 Posts