Android OS Forum banner

[ROOT] VZW Note 2 Root Package

24K views 37 replies 24 participants last post by  umx 
Hey guys, I was unsure about if I should root my new Note 2 or not and wanted some advice. The only reason I actually wanted to do it was so that I can install a game. The two programs that I have found out I would need to use for the apk+data to install correctly are Titanium Backup and Google Play Store v3.10.10+Installer v1.0.5 by ChelpuS. Both of those require root access. I'm a noob at rooting, I did follow directions and root my previous Samsung Charge and that was easy to do. I only did that because I had it a while and wanted to get rid of a bunch of bloatware. I had no plan on rooting my Note 2, but now I want to just so I can download and install the game. I was reading on some forums about the root for the Note 2 and it seemed like people are saying that there isn't a 100% operational one out there, at least not for Verizon, and that the ones out there where just for people who messed up there phone, that stock was better right now. There were a bunch of posts about the IMEI being lost in the Verizon phones and then people couldn't re-activate their device. I asked a friend who has rooted and customized all of his phones and he told me to ask you guys. When I read this topic it seemed like it was easy and stable, but is it as good or better than stock? And is rooting my device truly the only way I can install a downloaded game apk properly?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.