Android OS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Android Beginner
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So heres my problem. I download the one click root file (version 7d) and it unzips it automatically. I try to run the .sh file (without moving the folder at all) and it loads and then i get this error
Code:
! Error<br />
!<br />
! You must extract the entire contents of the zip file and then run this script<br />
! from the directory where the zip was extracted.
Im running OSX 10.6.7 (snow leopard) and im really lost. Thanks for any help in advance!

·
Android Lover
313 Posts
I would hope ZIP files never automatically extract themselves. So Google unzip on mac and make sure you're doing it right. Then you have to use a terminal window to run the script.

This is explained about 10 times in the main thread...if you need more explanation.

·
Average Android
185 Posts
found the problem topgun

when youre running terminal, its looking in your user_name folder. you have to direct it to wherever your stuff is

for example mine was in a folder called "motorola_root" in an android folder in my documents, so first i typed this in the terminal

cd /Users/gi812/Documents/Android/Motorola_Root

then copy pasted the code. you can also just include this in the beginning when it opens as a text editor so you dont have to worry about it again

·
Android Beginner
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
gi812 said:
found the problem topgun

when youre running terminal, its looking in your user_name folder. you have to direct it to wherever your stuff is

for example mine was in a folder called "motorola_root" in an android folder in my documents, so first i typed this in the terminal

cd /Users/gi812/Documents/Android/Motorola_Root

then copy pasted the code. you can also just include this in the beginning when it opens as a text editor so you dont have to worry about it again
Thank you so much! That explained it perfectly. Thanks for the quick responses too guys!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts