Android OS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay,
Verizon automatically updated me from my old rooted version(2.2). I must have made a mistake and allowed automatic updating. Anyway, now I am at this point and unrooted. Super user app is still there, along with all the other apps that require root. I had rooted with z4 in the past. Hopefully a couple of you guys with lots of experience can answer a couple questions for me. I have googled and read a ton of guides, but I don't want to mess up my phone by trying to SBF my phone with the 588 version without doing everything properly.
I tried to use the one click method, but it doesn't work. Not sure if its affected by the fact that my phone goes to bootloader d2.37 screen whenever it tries to power up(while being charged). In any case, the root did not work for me.

1- Can I root this version? or do I have to SBF?
2- Do I need a droid specific sbf file?
3- Do I need to sbf back to "froyo" before I sbf to the GB rooted?
4- I had read that verizon is more restrictive with the wireless tether on GB, is that true?

I think that's it for now. Thanks for the help in advance.

·
ヤンデレ
836 Posts
Use the Droid 3 one click root, it works on all Motorola Gingerbread builds. Google it, and your wish shall be granted.

·
Android Apprentice
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did not work. As stated, when it goes to reboot, the d2.37 bootloader screen comes up(when it's connected via USB) when it reboots. I attempted to unplug USB cable to power up then re-insert it once it begins to boot. No root after several attempts.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
kaneda_77 said:
Did not work. As stated, when it goes to reboot, the d2.37 bootloader screen comes up(when it's connected via USB) when it reboots. I attempted to unplug USB cable to power up then re-insert it once it begins to boot. No root after several attempts.
Is your battery low? I have had instances on my D2G right after an SBF if my battery is low and I have the usb cable connected it drops into the bootloader.

·
Android Apprentice
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nope. Battery was charged fully. I got stuck on that screen when charging before when the battery was low.

·
Android Apprentice
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
should I youtube the process for ya? I think I had read that a previously rooted phone with SU had given problems with this update.

·
ヤンデレ
836 Posts
Try performing the operations manually instead of using the script.

·
Android Apprentice
48 Posts
kaneda_77 said:
Okay,
Verizon automatically updated me from my old rooted version(2.2). I must have made a mistake and allowed automatic updating. Anyway, now I am at this point and unrooted. Super user app is still there, along with all the other apps that require root. I had rooted with z4 in the past. Hopefully a couple of you guys with lots of experience can answer a couple questions for me. I have googled and read a ton of guides, but I don't want to mess up my phone by trying to SBF my phone with the 588 version without doing everything properly.
I tried to use the one click method, but it doesn't work. Not sure if its affected by the fact that my phone goes to bootloader d2.37 screen whenever it tries to power up(while being charged). In any case, the root did not work for me.

1- Can I root this version? or do I have to SBF?
2- Do I need a droid specific sbf file?
3- Do I need to sbf back to "froyo" before I sbf to the GB rooted?
4- I had read that verizon is more restrictive with the wireless tether on GB, is that true?

I think that's it for now. Thanks for the help in advance.
Well, I just recently went through the process you just explained after it being stuck on step one "Sever Not running" with my phone at the bootloader, I unplugged the phone pressed and held the power button X2. once the sd card notification popped I plugged in the phone and it continued with step 2. I repeated this until i was able to gain su. Hope this helps everyone. For some reason I turn on the phone with the usb attached to the PC, it goes right to the bootloader. CM7-GB RevNumbers build 9-0311 Jakebites modded V6 supercharged :)

·
Android Apprentice
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
sixstringedmatt said:
I see this same issue using the .607 leak for a Droid 2 Global. I don't know if it helps, but I am in the EXACT same boat as the OP.
Hmmm. I did see a manual way to do it with ADB I think. Is that what you are suggesting?

CBlaze- not sure what you did. If you have some work around, maybe you can clarify and help other users with the same issue as myslef.

·
Android Apprentice
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Okay boys, I now have root access. Next is the wifi tether issue. If you are having trouble such as I had, use this(taken from the droid 3 root thread)

open the folder you extracted motorola one click files to.
(i'm assuming you are in windows 7 here)
hold Shift+right click a blank spot, select "open a command prompt here"
type: adb shell
when you hit enter, the next line should end with a #
if it's $, type "exit" run the oneclick again, then start "adb shell" over

once you have the # prompt, type(yes that is a comma):
mount -oremount,rw /dev/block/system /system
rm /system/bin/su
rm /system/xbin/su
hitting enter after each line.
don't worry if it says it can't find the file... the point here is to get rid of it anyway

then run the oneclick again. worked for me :D

·
Android Apprentice
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Right.... Nobody said this is for everyone. If you SBF'd your pone to GB, then you probly won't have this issue. This is probly an issue for people that did the following (I had to do 3 phones this way):
Droid2
Android 2.2 updated to 2.3.3 via auto update.
2.2 was rooted via Z4
Phone was not un-rooted prior to update
When running oneclick, d2.37 screen prevents auto reboot
Running oneclick says success on all 3 steps, if you "help" the reboot process, but root does not actually happen.

·
Premium Member
2,495 Posts
kaneda_77 said:
Right.... Nobody said this is for everyone. If you SBF'd your pone to GB, then you probly won't have this issue. This is probly an issue for people that did the following (I had to do 3 phones this way):
Droid2
Android 2.2 updated to 2.3.3 via auto update.
2.2 was rooted via Z4
Phone was not un-rooted prior to update
When running oneclick, d2.37 screen prevents auto reboot
Running oneclick says success on all 3 steps, if you "help" the reboot process, but root does not actually happen.
have to remove the su/busybox stuff or it wont work. Iirc its listed in the D3 thread somewhere.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts