Android OS Forum banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Android Pants
159 Posts
if it works properly, once you enter download mode on the phone, it should show up in Odin fairly soon after

·
Android Pants
159 Posts
let me ask you this mena. what happens if you just mount the phone to your computer to transfer files to and from the sd card? does that work properly?

·
Registered
3 Posts
the rom file is all that needs to be transfered - using the phone as mass storage is how I moved it over. Just transfer it to the root directory of the mass storage device when you connect it to your computer. I did use the explorer as mentioned, just to verify the file transferred to the correct location.

Remember to put it into debug mode after disconnecting the phone from USB though.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Sorry about the flub, there are seperate links at the bottom of the post. Im having difficulty editing the post with out the app (dont use a computer anymore either), Ill tryto get it resolved.

·
newbie dev
27 Posts
I am not trying to be mean, but could you please keep that "first" crap off this site, it does nothing to help further any discussion relating to the topic of this thread. As for the rest of your post: pressing the thanks button would have sufficed. And no, I am not a moderator, I am simply trying to appeal to your more sensible side.
you just got yourself reported jokes on you.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I downloaded the flashable_root_package to my phone and I found it in ES file explorer, but when I try to rename it to "UPDATE.zip" It says "Operation failed! Please use a different name" Any help??

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I downloaded the flashable_root_package to my phone and I found it in ES file explorer, but when I try to rename it to "UPDATE.zip" It says "Operation failed! Please use a different name" Any help??
You don't have to rename the file if you don't want to or can't. When ever you go to flash the file via CWM bypass "flash UPDATE from sd" & use "flash zip from sd", it does the same thing (just a different way of doing it).

This is the best file manager I have found...

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.rhmsoft.fm

Good luck!

Sent from the Rootzwiki App somewhere near BFE.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Has anyone used the above link for the update.zip? i am skeptical becuse it is only 288kb in size. and i dont know how big the original was.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts