Android OS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Well I have come to the conclusion that since the 4g upgrade won't be till September that I would like to root my Xoom. I am currently on 3.1 and wondering what I need to do in order to get to the rooted version. Please advise me if you can :) . Thanks

·
Android Apprentice
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply! :) I'll try this over the weekend and see what I come up with. I just hope when the upgrade comes out that I can revert back to stock easily. Also do you know the easiest way to backup all my application data before performing this?

·
Supporting Member
151 Posts
You can try some of the backup apps, MyBackup or Titanium Backup, etc.

Sent from my Xoom using RootzWiki Forums

·
Supporting Member
151 Posts
Also, since you mentioned getting back to stock so you can get the OTA updates, one of the sticky threads is all the stock images for the different Xooms, so when the 3.2 OTA does arrive you can just flash the stock image and then update your way up to the 3.2 OTA. You also may want to check out the Team Tiamat 2.0.1 ROM in the developer section, it's a 3.2 ROM that supports 3G.

·
Android Apprentice
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do you know if Titanium Backup will backup my apps with all of their data on a non-rooted Xoom?

·
Supporting Member
151 Posts
"Steady Hawkin said:
No, Titanium requires busybox and root to run.
I did not know that Titanium would not work without root. Thanks for the correction.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts