Android OS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Rooter
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Requires s-off to flash, ment more for rom devs.

Length Date Time Name
--------- ---------- ----- ----
585104896 2011-09-20 03:57 system.img
3774720 2011-08-30 03:59 recovery_signed.img
30126064 2011-08-30 03:18 radio.img
1048576 2011-08-30 03:54 hboot_0.98.0000.img
2785536 2011-08-30 03:59 boot_signed.img
75 2011-08-30 03:59 android-info.txt
--------- -------
622839867 6 files

This is not signed, I may upload the signed one after revolutionary has been updated to support it.

85d710fd9279a3764f70a7a821cb1584 PG32IMG_RUU_Vivo_W_VERIZON_WWE_4.08.605.3_Radio_1.09.01.0722_unsigned.teamandirc.zip

http://www.multiupload.com/P5PQPMGKRE

Reactions: abqnm

·
Android Apprentice
30 Posts
I've been reading that the new radio relocks the bootloader or that they're getting a pink Locked message...is there any truth to this? Is that even possible?

Sent from my DInc2

·
Rooter
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I doubt that, however mine is true/radio s-off so I don't have a way to check.

·
Android Beginner
84 Posts
I have flashed the new radio. 0722 and so far no issues. Still s-off and signal seems the same as 622

·
Carbon-Based Robotic Tech Machine
2,243 Posts
jcase, thanks again! Pulled the radio and flashed it right away and all is well on MIUI.

dch921 said:
I have flashed the new radio. 0722 and so far no issues. Still s-off and signal seems the same as 622
I am actually seeing improved signal since flashing 0722 last night. Previously with 0622, I was consistently 10-20dbm lower than my OG Droid sitting right next to it. Now they are almost equal. I have never seen my dinc2 get better than -80 and I am currently at -73dbm in the same location where before the flash I was at usually -85 to -100dbm.

validoption said:
I've been reading that the new radio relocks the bootloader or that they're getting a pink Locked message...is there any truth to this? Is that even possible?

Sent from my DInc2
If you are S-Off, it won't matter. If you try to flash it with S-On, maybe it will do that, but likely it won't even install since it is not signed. Flashing just the radio can't replace the custom hboot, so no need to worry if s-off.

Just to note, if you are looking for just the radio, gu1dry updated his radio thread with this as well. http://rootzwiki.com/showthread.php?2938

·
Rooter
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
if your s-off with the patched revolutionary/alpahrev bootloader, or with the xtc clip this wont lock your phone.

·
2,243 Posts
jcase said:
if your s-off with the patched revolutionary/alpahrev bootloader, or with the xtc clip this wont lock your phone.
The OTA will lock it though.

Edit: It could lock it, if the custom hboot does not block the downgrade.

·
Android Apprentice
66 Posts
what happeneing is the new 0.98 bootloader is giving a ***LOCKED*** pink on the top, I used XTC clip thats why I didn't worry about accepting the OTA update. I reflashed back to jcases 0.98.200 hboot and the message went away. Times_Infinitiy pointed out that this may be actually good news as it may lead to unlocked bootloaders in the future. I have been told that revolutionary made it so it doesn't update the bootloader so you guys would be fine, don't hold me to that.
RMK also mentioned he will be making a patch update today so watch for that!

·
Rooter
241 Posts
abqnm said:
The OTA will lock it though.
offer some proof, i took the straight OTA without locking my device, so I will call bull on this claim.

edit
Confirmed, does not relock the device. The LOCKED msg has nothing to do with the s-off.

·
Rooter
241 Posts
andybones said:
what happeneing is the new 0.98 bootloader is giving a ***LOCKED*** pink on the top, I used XTC clip thats why I didn't worry about accepting the OTA update. I reflashed back to jcases 0.98.200 hboot and the message went away. Times_Infinitiy pointed out that this may be actually good news as it may lead to unlocked bootloaders in the future. I have been told that revolutionary made it so it doesn't update the bootloader so you guys would be fine, don't hold me to that.
RMK also mentioned he will be making a patch update today so watch for that!
***LOCKED*** in pink does not mean s-on, it means the unlock key hasnt been used on the device. Not something to worry about at all. you can be ***LOCKED*** with radio s-off. ***UNLOCKED*** is more or less like hboot s-off, but having radio/real s-off it is not a concern. Who cares if your bootloader is locked if you have radio s-off, you can do what you did and reflash the eng hboots.

·
2,243 Posts
Yeah I am not sure what that thought was meant to be... If you used the clip you just re-flash the hboot and if it was revolutionary/alpharev then it will block the hboot from updating, correct? I was still half asleep and I think I was trying to warn against taking the OTA if you are not already s-off.

·
Android Apprentice
66 Posts
what I'm saying is that, even without the ENG hboot, I kept the ***LOCKED*** one I was able to install custom recovery flash MODs ROMs ect.. so what do I need the ENG hboot for? and is that suppose to be able to happen because I'm S-OFF or no?

·
Android Apprentice
66 Posts
jcase said:
***LOCKED*** in pink does not mean s-on, it means the unlock key hasnt been used on the device. Not something to worry about at all. you can be ***LOCKED*** with radio s-off. ***UNLOCKED*** is more or less like hboot s-off, but having radio/real s-off it is not a concern. Who cares if your bootloader is locked if you have radio s-off, you can do what you did and reflash the eng hboots.
yea but when did I say that '"***LOCKED*** in pink does means s-on"?? I was just confirming why I didn't worry about updating yesterday before you released this. I never knew that revolutionary added that feature and was more or less saying that it's a great feature and I wasn't 100% sure if it was true since I use XTC clip..
Also I was adding that if people do get this locked message and want to get rid of it to just flash your ENG hboot.

·
2,243 Posts
andybones said:
what I'm saying is that, even without the ENG hboot, I kept the ***LOCKED*** one I was able to install custom recovery flash MODs ROMs ect.. so what do I need the ENG hboot for? and is that suppose to be able to happen because I'm S-OFF or no?
The clip is hardware s-off so no matter what you retain s-off.

Sent from my brain using human to phone transport technology.

·
2,243 Posts
I think the more we keep discussing it the more confusing it is becoming. I think each of us is talking about something different. Lol these forums are helpful but sometimes it is hard to get what the brain is thinking into a format everyone else understands. You know?

I am just going to stop talking and go back to my hole. Lol and thanks again jcase for posting it for us.

·
Android Apprentice
66 Posts
abqnm said:
I think the more we keep discussing it the more confusing it is becoming. I think each of us is talking about something different. Lol these forums are helpful but sometimes it is hard to get what the brain is thinking into a format everyone else understands. You know?

I am just going to stop talking and go back to my hole. Lol and thanks again jcase for posting it for us.

Sorry about the confusion not meaning to bicker or anything :)

·
2,243 Posts
andybones said:
Sorry about the confusion not meaning to bicker or anything :)
Nor was I. Just quitting while I am behind. haha

·
Rooter
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
andybones said:
yea but when did I say that '"***LOCKED*** in pink does means s-on"?? I was just confirming why I didn't worry about updating yesterday before you released this. I never knew that revolutionary added that feature and was more or less saying that it's a great feature and I wasn't 100% sure if it was true since I use XTC clip..
Also I was adding that if people do get this locked message and want to get rid of it to just flash your ENG hboot.
I was backing your statement.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts