Android OS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Average Android
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I flashed a new kernel today and when I go into terminal emulator, to go to speedtweak.sh the menu comes up for me to choose settings, however it wont let me input a number, it says "you appear to be running in safe mode". Any one know how to get out of safe mode in terminal emulator so I can choose my settings? Here is a screenshot incase that helps. thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Android Beginner
16 Posts
Safe mode is enabled when you first flash the kernel. It essentially means you haven't made any changes. You should be able to enter a number and proceed with making your changes without doing anything special.

·
Average Android
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick reply, it is very odd, I can enter letters but it wont allow me to enter numbers.
phoney6 said:
Safe mode is enabled when you first flash the kernel. It essentially means you haven't made any changes. You should be able to enter a number and proceed with making your changes without doing anything special.

·
Average Android
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks I thought that might be the issue and tried swiftkey x and android keyboard and no luck :-(
kali77 said:
Thanks for the quick reply, it is very odd, I can enter letters but it wont allow me to enter numbers.

·
Average Android
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If anyone is running OMFGB Rom could you check to see if you can use the number keys in terminal emulator? I have tried 4 kernels and none will allow me to use the number keys in emulator, which makes me wonder if it is something in the rom.

·
teh Jax
2,677 Posts
kali77 said:
If anyone is running OMFGB Rom could you check to see if you can use the number keys in terminal emulator? I have tried 4 kernels and none will allow me to use the number keys in emulator, which makes me wonder if it is something in the rom.
There's been a bug in OMFGB that does this. As mentioned in the OMFGB thread, download Terminal Emulator from the market and it'll work better.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.