Android OS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Android Beginner
29 Posts

·
Supporting Member
270 Posts
I'm excited for him. Its great to see carriers taking note of talented android developers and offering jobs.

·
Supporting Member
55 Posts
imo this is bigger than the google/motorola acquisition. should be interesting to see what samsung can bring to the end users

·
Android Apprentice
35 Posts
Hopefully he will help redo their terrible skin over top of android. This move will make me consider future Samsung phones, but touch wiz has to go. I love me some Cyanogenmod.

·
Android Apprentice
18 Posts
I'm sure he's stoked! He's gonna be making some big bucks haha. Well deserved though in my opinion. Should be interesting how it'll work out. I'm sure he'll have to sign a contract saying he won't be affiliated with CM, and all the efforts he put into CM must go to Samsung. That's simply speculation though.

·
The n00b veteran
775 Posts
Ya know, it's amazing to me how much more intelligent everything is here than at xda. I check both places daily, and just about every thread about this is filled with a bunch of noobs absolutely convinced that this means either Samsung is going to lock the guy in a closet somewhere and CyanogenMod is now dead forever and will never be updated, or that Samsung will now sell phones shipped with CM7. Both ideas are completely ridiculous. But here everybody is just rationally pointing out that this likely means a good future for both Samsung and the consumer.
Thank you all, for being smart.
  • Open in Google Docs Viewer
  • Open link in new tab
  • Open link in new window
  • Open link in new incognito window
  • Download file
  • Copy link address
  • Edit PDF File on PDFescape.com
and now idk why it is putting those bullets there, won't let me take them away and I'm not typing that! wtf.
  • Open in Google Docs Viewer
  • Open link in new tab
  • Open link in new window
  • Open link in new incognito window
  • Download file
  • Copy link address
  • Edit PDF File on PDFescape.com

·
THE MOST INTERESTING MAN IN ANDROID
223 Posts
Raiden805 said:
I'm sure he's stoked! He's gonna be making some big bucks haha. Well deserved though in my opinion. Should be interesting how it'll work out. I'm sure he'll have to sign a contract saying he won't be affiliated with CM, and all the efforts he put into CM must go to Samsung. That's simply speculation though.
I believe he stated this will not affect his work on CM ..

·
Premium Member
7,690 Posts
Raiden805 said:
Samsung can't have CyanogenMod unless he agreed to that which no way would he do that. Also Samsung won't ship with CyanogenMod installed but obviously his touches will be present in future products they ship. Might look into Samsung in the future!

·
Average Android
75 Posts
That is truly amazing. Let it be an inspiration to other developers because you can make it big by taking tiny steps!

Congrats to Cyanogen!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts