Android OS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 284 Posts

·
Android Lover
109 Posts
title says it all... Get it from here. You can use ODIN to flash.

This is the OFFICIAL release, not a beta or pre-release. If you go to a USCC store today and ask a Tech for the upgrade, they will flash your phone with the same file.

Enjoy

NON - ROOTED STOCK ROMS

NOT Rooted - Standard Stock (ODIN):
Original Dropbox Link Removed (Raped and Pillaged)
MIRROR (Thanks thescorpion420)

USCC Official Download ROM (Would need a standard Touchwiz Stock ROM on) HERE

There is no KIES version. The Simple Download from USCellular is similar to the Samsung Acclaim Upgrade tool. This will KEEP your data if you are on an EXISTING Touchwiz ROM you just need to put it into KIES mode under USB Settings and follow the onscreen prompts.

ROOTED STOCK ROM

Pre-Rooted Standard Stock (Thanks phidelt82) (Requires ODIN)
Get it HERE
MIRROR (thanks dwhitehead)

ROOTED CUSTOM STOCK ROMS

Baked Tator has also done a pre-rooted themed ROM using this.
Get it HERE
(This Requires Stock EH09 and CWM to install)

jpaulwaite has also done a pre-rooted ROM that's debloated and isn't themed (themes optional). This is the one I am currently using.
Get it HERE
(This Requires Stock EH09 and CWM to install)

And finally, to clear up some confusion

EH09 is the official ROM. EH17 was an error on USCC's website earlier in the week.
There is NO EH17 ROM.
It does NOT EXIST.
EH09 is the correct ROM available from uscellular.com and the one here.

·
Premium Member
592 Posts
And then there was gingerbread. God, I can't wait to see what happens from here on out. Thank you, Cythrawl, for releasing this!

·
Supporting Member
170 Posts
let the fun begin

·
Android Apprentice
19 Posts
How do I use Odin for this? Ive only used Odin to flash CWM4 onto my Mesmerize.

·
Supporting Member
783 Posts
download the file Unzip it. Put the .pit file in the PIT area and put the .tar.md5 in the PDA section. Plug in the USB cable and put into download mode. The click start once Odin sees your device. Also if you are coming from any of the GB ROMs you may need to check repartition.

·
Android Lover
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just a note, this will UNROOT your device. You will need to do a manual root until someone releases a pre-rooted one.

·
MILF
678 Posts
Since it's now available in stores, Samsung is required to release kernel source. Do us a favor folks, go to opensource.Samsung.com and send a message requesting source code :)

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
They must really be paranoid since they fired me. It never hit the server, but the Cell South and Ntelos builds did.

Also, if you want, I can pre-root, repackage and host like I did with all of my drops. That will save your Dropbox a bit too. I'd just send you the link to update your OP.

·
Premium Member
245 Posts

·
Premium Member
595 Posts
ill have the stock deodexed ROM out in about an hour or so guys!!!

·
Android Lover
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
phidelt82 said:
They must really be paranoid since they fired me. It never hit the server, but the Cell South and Ntelos builds did.

Also, if you want, I can pre-root, repackage and host like I did with all of my drops. That will save your Dropbox a bit too. I'd just send you the link to update your OP.
That would be great

1 - 20 of 284 Posts