Android OS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
The Bender
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has probably been discussed a while back but it would be of great aid to our developers if they could get access to the GPS drivers for the Vibrant, not compiled in binary. but rather as code. It would aid the development in gingerbread roms as well as help samsung to build better drivers in the future.

·
Themer
159 Posts
I totally agree. It sucks us vibrant users have to eat off the floor while the rest of the galaxy s series gets to eat a 3 course meal at the dining table. Thankfully we have great devs who can make something,happen with the scraps that are thrown at us...

·
Android Beginner
1 Posts
I too agree. We are the last Samsung device, the Vibrant that is, to not have a gingerbread leak. I feel as though we should get gingerbread. The phone can handle it so why put if off any longer. It would make a great deal of people happy. Thank you.

·
The Bender
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im not really saying that we need gingerbread though that would be awesome, Namely im requesting that we get the source code for some of the more finicky device drivers, i.e. GPS drivers. If you look in the development section here as well as on XDA there are several very good gingerbread roms, the only thing lacking is a fully functional GPS. EDT has been able to hack together a semi working gps fix but that comes from a gingerbread leak for the SGS 4g. In short GB source for our devices would be amazing, all im requesting tho is the GPS driver source from either FROYO or Gingerbread.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts