Android OS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Android Nut
2,432 Posts
mbaker said:
I'm trying to get back to stock after making a few noob mistakes (uninstalling things I shouldn't have) but I'm running into errors using these files. My phone is a new Droid 3 (less than three weeks old) that shipped with 5.6.890, so I'm trying to reflash that. It appears that the filename swap mentioned earlier has been corrected, since the filename I downloaded matches the link text (D3G-55_1FF is 890, right?). At any rate, I get this error on step 1 (but sometimes it gets through to 3 or 4): "Size data returned by phone does not match what was expected." I'm guessing that means the partition sizes don't match up with the image sizes, but I haven't modified them. Any ideas?

Thanks!
yea, like androidsims said, try the other fastboot file.
but if it still doesn't work, then this will fix the partition problem you're having. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=17427668&postcount=84
there's a readme file in that zip with explanation.

d3g-55 is the 890

· Android Nut
2,432 Posts
"slorsx89 said:
I bricked my d3 earlier from using a bad xml file.. how do i change the md5s or is there a healthy .zip out there to unbrick my phone? Ive tried extracting plenty of different zips but im getting file corrupt errors. Thanks, anything would help at this point.
Sounds like you have viruses. Lol.

Seriously though...
You don't change md5s. You use them to verify the file you downloaded. There are good zips in the first post.

· Android Nut
2,432 Posts
the.mainvein said:
Ended up using the method razorloves posted earlier for mbaker who was having the same problem as I was and after carefully following the instructions it worked like a charm! Thanks for all your help! This saved my phones life!
cool. glad that worked for you.

· Android Nut
2,432 Posts
Please can you PROs help me my friends d3 wont allow me to flash anything, its not rooted. idk what happened, but it force closes everything, market will not open, cant install apps or anything. ive tried RSD lite, psouza4 his method and super one click, i would try odin but cant get into download mode, ive tried to many times to count, pls can yall help me?

on RSD it fails on the 3rd step...
You're failing on step 3, extracting the zip? That usually means the download is not complete or is corrupted. Delete it and redownload.

You have to be rooted to flash anything. So that's your problem. Just do a factory reset and should be back to normal. If its not, then maybe the memcard needs formatting or replacement

· Android Nut
2,432 Posts
ive got a quick question when ever i try and run the fastboot it just says waiting for device and never finds it. Im in the ap fastboot menu on my phone too and it says

battery ok
ok to program
connect USB
data cable

but my computer never finds my phone can someone please help me!
are drivers installed?
is it showing up in device manager on pc?
try different usb cable or different usb port on pc.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.