Android OS Forum banner
21 - 40 of 115 Posts

· Android Nut
2,432 Posts
"slorsx89 said:
I bricked my d3 earlier from using a bad xml file.. how do i change the md5s or is there a healthy .zip out there to unbrick my phone? Ive tried extracting plenty of different zips but im getting file corrupt errors. Thanks, anything would help at this point.
Sounds like you have viruses. Lol.

Seriously though...
You don't change md5s. You use them to verify the file you downloaded. There are good zips in the first post.

· Android Beginner
3 Posts
I downloaded the 5.5.950 flash sbf checked to make sure I had the right one due to the for-mentioned link swap problems and had the right file. Made it thru all the steps but when I hit start it said "FAIL" after a few seconds. Hit start again and it said "in process". It has now been saying that for over 30 minutes. My phone was not bricked, I had deleted some of the bloatware before knowing you could not recieve OTA updates. That is the reason behind me using this procedure if that matters at all. Is their any way I can get the RSD out of this state without completely bricking my phone?

· Android Lover
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
slorsx89 said:
It was unsuccessful im downloading it again. you think it was incomplete?

I used md5cheker
slorsx89 said:
no match on the md5
I just re-downloaded both of them and they are correctly linked and named. I also ran the MD5's and both checked out fine.

· Android Lover
310 Posts
the.mainvein said:
I downloaded the 5.5.950 flash sbf checked to make sure I had the right one due to the for-mentioned link swap problems and had the right file. Made it thru all the steps but when I hit start it said "FAIL" after a few seconds. Hit start again and it said "in process". It has now been saying that for over 30 minutes. My phone was not bricked, I had deleted some of the bloatware before knowing you could not recieve OTA updates. That is the reason behind me using this procedure if that matters at all. Is their any way I can get the RSD out of this state without completely bricking my phone?
What is your phone doing, since you hit start?

Did you ever see your phone listed in RSD?

Should look like this(except I didn't have the fastboot file loaded up to flash), you should see "Fastboot CDMA_SOLANA S - USB - Connected...

· Android Lover
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Just wanted to make a general statement:

Flashing 890 over 959 will work and once you are on 890 you are stuck. There is no going back.

You can attempt(or mistakenly) flash 959 on 890....but it will fail before it starts. These things are pretty bulletproof.

· Android Beginner
3 Posts
slow88lx said:
What is your phone doing, since you hit start?

Did you ever see your phone listed in RSD?

Should look like this(except I didn't have the fastboot file loaded up to flash), you should see "Fastboot CDMA_SOLANA S - USB - Connected...

It looks exactly as you described it should look like when I plug my phone in via USB. After I hit start it fails the flashing process at 6/21 saying "Size data returned by phone does not match what was expected; phone connected". Gonna download the 890 file and see if I can just flash to that without any problems.

· Android Beginner
3 Posts
the.mainvein said:
It looks exactly as you described it should look like when I plug my phone in via USB. After I hit start it fails the flashing process at 6/21 saying "Size data returned by phone does not match what was expected; phone connected". Gonna download the 890 file and see if I can just flash to that without any problems.
Ended up using the method razorloves posted earlier for mbaker who was having the same problem as I was and after carefully following the instructions it worked like a charm! Thanks for all your help! This saved my phones life!

· Android Apprentice
14 Posts
I used this method after bricking my phone while installing the 10% battery mod from TBH toolbox, I had taken the OTA so I had to use the 890 fie. After doing this when I go to about phone and try to update it says I do not have a Motorola account and need to set one up, however when I say yes it always fails. Can I re flash 890 again and see if it will fix it without loosing my configuration?

Thanks for your help

· Android Lover
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Superdroid said:
I used this method after bricking my phone while installing the 10% battery mod from TBH toolbox, I had taken the OTA so I had to use the 890 fie. After doing this when I go to about phone and try to update it says I do not have a Motorola account and need to set one up, however when I say yes it always fails. Can I re flash 890 again and see if it will fix it without loosing my configuration?

Thanks for your help
You're on 890...then there is no update to be had...

· Android Apprentice
14 Posts
slow88lx said:
You're on 890...then there is no update to be had...
Yes I realize there is no update to be had, but I would like to fix it for the next update. It would normally say that your phone is up to date, now I get the message that I need a Motorola account. Unless this is normal I don't know.

· Android Lover
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Superdroid said:
Yes I realize there is no update to be had, but I would like to fix it for the next update. It would normally say that your phone is up to date, now I get the message that I need a Motorola account. Unless this is normal I don't know.
If you want you can apply the official 890 OTA over top of the 890 fastboot.

http://www.multiupload.com/PK30CZRTEG

· Android Lover
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Superdroid said:
Sorry did not see the link, but it takes me to Blur_Version.5.5.959.XT862 and as far as I know you cannot go back to 959 from 890. I appreciate your time.
Yeah the name is confusing. The name is for what system they expect it to be applied to...the next OTA will be named Blur_Version.5.6.890.XT862. The OTA I posted can be applied to the 890 fastboot, no problem.

21 - 40 of 115 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.