Android OS Forum banner
41 - 60 of 115 Posts

· Android Beginner
1 Posts
I would just like to thank this thread for fixing me, i had the same problem with restoring my apps folder then getting in a bootloop. RSD lite worked great as well as i didn't loose my user data on my phone! thanks!

· Android Beginner
3 Posts
Ok most of the time I can figure out this kind of thing without posting in the forums, but this one stumps me. I have a Droid 3 which like some people, I have deleted apps that I can't get back. My phone is currently rooted... has been factory reset... and has tried both the RSD Lite way and the Mac Book recovery.

On the RSD lite portion it would continue you give me an error saying that the files were not all there. I downloaded both files because I guessed they were swapped links, and also downloaded them from another site. Did each download 3 times and cannot get it to download a good files (im guessing sbf file)

The mac book on the other hand, the direction were not clear to me on how to use terminal, what mode to be in on my phone(ap fastboot?) So I have been stuck for the past couple days wasting time. I looked over the directions again and again. Can anyone guide me somewhat. Thanks!

· Android Lover
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Do you have a Verizon Droid 3?

The files don't "go bad".

· Android Beginner
3 Posts
slow88lx said:
Do you have a Verizon Droid 3?

The files don't "go bad".
Yes I have the Verizon Droid 3. This is my situation...

I recently Rooted my Droid and deleted/backed-up some of the wasteful apps that come stock. I was wanting to Unroot my phone and I read that I needed the original apps back on my device. So I started recovering all of the old apps with Titanium Back-up and some of them were not recoverable. So I did some more research and found out about RSD Lite and Re-Flashing your phone back to its original stock state. I followed the steps from 2 different sites (XDA and RootzWiki.com) and the problem I'm having is when I go to Flash my Device it says,

"Please check input file. Either XML format is wrong or image files associated with it are missing."

I have download many off the Fast-boot files and none seem to work. I must be doing something wrong, but I have searched and I'm stumped.

· Android Beginner
3 Posts
Noobie here, really need help understanding how to SBF, the instructions arent very clear.

Im Windows Vista 64-Bit, need to SBF to .890 Droid 3.....can someone straight up tell me WHICH file(s) I need

I have RSD Lite 5.5 but It makes no sense at " Extract the fastboot zip file." and further, what file??? which download?

can someone please help me with this...I just want to go back to stock .890 as my phone came...it just seems like I have to download 68945890654gb worth of shit to do it...

so what EXACTLY do I need??

I have also looked into the One click method but the SWU.zip file NEVER stopped downloading nor did it tell me how big the download was so I aborted at 600+mb....

and why does the BP tools feature no longer work after going to deodexed debloated rom? I just wanted to get rid of the shit..no one ever mentioned losing the OE messenger and swype...otherwise id not be in this mess..

I have a feeling no one checks this forum anymore or this section and I'm SOL..

· Android Lover
310 Posts
NightCat said:
Noobie here, really need help understanding how to SBF, the instructions arent very clear.

Im Windows Vista 64-Bit, need to SBF to .890 Droid 3.....can someone straight up tell me WHICH file(s) I need

I have RSD Lite 5.5 but It makes no sense at " Extract the fastboot zip file." and further, what file??? which download?

can someone please help me with this...I just want to go back to stock .890 as my phone came...it just seems like I have to download 68945890654gb worth of shit to do it...

so what EXACTLY do I need??

I have also looked into the One click method but the SWU.zip file NEVER stopped downloading nor did it tell me how big the download was so I aborted at 600+mb....

and why does the BP tools feature no longer work after going to deodexed debloated rom? I just wanted to get rid of the shit..no one ever mentioned losing the OE messenger and swype...otherwise id not be in this mess..

I have a feeling no one checks this forum anymore or this section and I'm SOL..
RSDLite is the program that you use to flash/run/install/apply the fastboot files to your phone.

From there the only complicated part is unzipping the fastboot .zip file in order to locate and point RSDLite at the .xml file. The XML file tells RSDLite what all to flash, in this case it is everything.

It's pretty obvious which zip file....the one that you wish to end up running. In your case you want the 890 fastboot file.

The size is ~450mb.

This thread does not support the Clockwork Recoveries, but the version of recovery needed to flash that ROM did not support the BP Tools feature. There is a newer version in Hashcode's thread that will allow ROM flashing and BP Tools(power off) recovery booting.

Reactions: beestang06

· Android Beginner
2 Posts
ok, first post, i'm fairly new to this forum, but i have a good amount of experience rooting, and modifying other devices. Sorry if this problem has been addressed, but i couldnt find it on this or any other forum and im getting desperate.

I rooted my droid 3 XT862 when the one click method first came out, and like many it seems, failed to simply deep freeze the bloatware, but rather removed it all together. I tried doing a factory reset via the boot options menu, and wound up getting stuck in a FC loop in the setup, because of one of the programs i deleted. I managed to find a fix on here to use the voice commands to open market and download a launcher. this has provided me with a temp fix that makes my phone usable, but i would like to get an actual rom on the phone and do things right this time around. so I need to get my phone back to stock to fix what i have screwed up, but nothing has worked so far. I have downloaded and installed the motorola drivers, RSD, and downloaded and extracted the fastboot file. I follow the instructions listed in this post to the letter, but when i plug my phone into the stock usb cable i get nothing. RSD does not recognize my phone. no error, no message, nothing looks like it even recognizes that something is attached. the computer however does recognize that the phone is connected and the usb cable does work as i have used it to transfer files and charge the phone previously.

any ideas? im stuck here and i'm hoping someone can help me out. Thanks in advance guys, i appreciate all that you do to make things easier on the rest of us.

Matt

· Android Beginner
3 Posts
Ok I was trying to flash the .890 and my battery died.... so I gave it to my buddy and he charged it and I tried reflashing the file and it keeps failing......am i derped? Anyone and/or any help I would appreciate

Also should note I tried both sbf files in the sticky and both fail

· Android Lover
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
DaSnOoTeRKiNG said:
Ok I was trying to flash the .890 and my battery died.... so I gave it to my buddy and he charged it and I tried reflashing the file and it keeps failing......am i derped? Anyone and/or any help I would appreciate

Also should note I tried both sbf files in the sticky and both fail
Try what I just posted.

· Android Beginner
10 Posts
I have a rooted droid 3 running steel ROM. I wanted to get the phone back to stock. Anyone know if I can run this procedure (RDSLite to run 5.6.8900 .xml) and whether it will:

1. Work given that my phone is currently rooted
2. Remove the root and send it fully back to stock

41 - 60 of 115 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.