Android OS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While using the TP with CM7, every so often the screen dims and then gets bright again. I thought at first it could be the screen saver kicking in like it does on my Android phone, which dims before shutting off, but it gets bright again even if I don't touch the screen. I usually notice this when reading a webpage. Never noticed it when reading a kindle book. I'm also not sure whether it happened under A3. (Running A3.5). Could the gyroscope / accelererometer trigger screen brightness to resume?

Incidentally, awesome job, CyanogenMod guys. I'm eagerly awaiting an ICS port!

·
Android Apprentice
48 Posts
While using the TP with CM7, every so often the screen dims and then gets bright again.
I don't have mine to hand but I think I remember the brightness being set to auto by default, so it would dim in bright situations and vice versa - have a look in the settings. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
4,922 Posts
I don't have mine to hand but I think I remember the brightness being set to auto by default, so it would dim in bright situations and vice versa - have a look in the settings. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
Also, the sensor for the auto-dimming is located just under the power button, so if you are holding the TouchPad and your finger or part of your hand covers the sensor, your device will dimmer and when you remove it get brighter. It is hard to see the sensor, but the same thing happened to me and that is how I found it's location.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Mine was not set to auto brightness under settings/display.

The only other options are under cyanogenmod settings/display/automatic backlight/light levels/ I have enable light decrease checked.

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts