Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
I took the TB script everyone is using and cut some things out of it that didn't pertain to our phone, some kernel stuff that wasn't necessary and could have potentially caused some scaling problems was removed...

. I seperated the renices into a seperate script for easy editing for everyone. If you go in to /system/etc/init.d/93renices
you will see the lines you can modify to set the apps you want reniced or whatever you want to call it lol. They are set up for mine now haha but I use go launcher and go sms, and go contacts and better keyboard 8, so you will definitely want to change them to your apps.

Everything else stays the same and credit is given in each of the scripts. Nothing is original from me, just tweaked up for the Charge.

the .zip script is unchanged as well, so no credit to me for that either. Make sure just like the original that you mount /system /data /sdcard /yourmom before flashing or it won't do anything at all lol.
also if you have v6 or any other scripts in your init.d please Get rid of them. this pretty much covers everything. I can't imagine they play nice together.
Have fun guys, be safe, always double wrap your whopper!

http://xda.chambanat...dedtbscript.zip

·
Registered
21 Posts
Can this script be used with Tweakstock kernel? Or does it have to have ext4?
Hey guys,I just got my Charge yesterday so I'm relatively new to this device. I had a fassy before this so I'm comfortable with odin and flashing Roms, etc. I did read on the front page of the Charge forum about using the thunderbolt script to speed up processing. not sure what "renices" are, and not sure if I can come from stock,deodexed,debloated, rooted and just flash this zip or freeze some init.d or something...?? Any help is greatly appreciated, looking forward to a comfortable stay with the Charge for a bit.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ext4 or not makes no difference.

not sure if tweakstock has the init.d folder enabled but if it does you can definitely use it with that.

renice means keeping a certain app from being killed as easily. less reloading, having it always available means less lag. put too many in there and they will all get killed equally which kinda defeats the purpose.

just modify the renices file with any text editor. you will see areas for your launcher, your keyboard, etc.
to get the file name for your apps navigate to /data/data/ and look at the names of the folders there. there will be one for every app.

I think I missed a question cuz I am on my phone and kinda busy, I will respond again soon, maybe make a more detailed walkthrough.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have another question about TB script. In order to use TB, you must have a custom kernel which supports the init.d directory. However, all custom kernels already build in some or many tweaks already, would the TB may overlap some of the build in features of the kernel? Is it better to make the script compatible with stock rom so that the stock kernel can take full advantage of the TB tweak, so it would act exactly the way the script intended?

·
Registered
56 Posts
You could always just run scripts at boot using something like script manager. It's not quite as elegant, but it works fine.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
Yes sure you can use Script Manager to execute, but the point I'm trying to make here is PBJT kernel is fully tweaked with alot of OC/UV, memory managment etc... this script may interfear or counter productive against the kernel.

·
Android Beginner
50 Posts
Yes sure you can use Script Manager to execute, but the point I'm trying to make here is PBJT kernel is fully tweaked with alot of OC/UV, memory managment etc... this script may interfear or counter productive against the kernel.
My point was that you do not need a custom kernel with init.d support to run this script like you said in the first sentence. If you feel like they will interfere, you can very easily run a stock or stock-ish kernel and do it through script manager.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.