Android OS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
I took the TB script everyone is using and cut some things out of it that didn't pertain to our phone, some kernel stuff that wasn't necessary and could have potentially caused some scaling problems was removed...

. I seperated the renices into a seperate script for easy editing for everyone. If you go in to /system/etc/init.d/93renices
you will see the lines you can modify to set the apps you want reniced or whatever you want to call it lol. They are set up for mine now haha but I use go launcher and go sms, and go contacts and better keyboard 8, so you will definitely want to change them to your apps.

Everything else stays the same and credit is given in each of the scripts. Nothing is original from me, just tweaked up for the Charge.

the .zip script is unchanged as well, so no credit to me for that either. Make sure just like the original that you mount /system /data /sdcard /yourmom before flashing or it won't do anything at all lol.
also if you have v6 or any other scripts in your init.d please Get rid of them. this pretty much covers everything. I can't imagine they play nice together.
Have fun guys, be safe, always double wrap your whopper!

http://xda.chambanat...dedtbscript.zip

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ext4 or not makes no difference.

not sure if tweakstock has the init.d folder enabled but if it does you can definitely use it with that.

renice means keeping a certain app from being killed as easily. less reloading, having it always available means less lag. put too many in there and they will all get killed equally which kinda defeats the purpose.

just modify the renices file with any text editor. you will see areas for your launcher, your keyboard, etc.
to get the file name for your apps navigate to /data/data/ and look at the names of the folders there. there will be one for every app.

I think I missed a question cuz I am on my phone and kinda busy, I will respond again soon, maybe make a more detailed walkthrough.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I hope you come back, the scripts are making the phone feel great.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using RootzWiki
No credit to me for the scripts. I just removed the impertainant, or partially harmful that I could easily see.

Sorry, i wasn't kicked or banned or retarded, just wasn't paying attention.

Umm what do you guys mean double spaced?

And if it is double spaced like pressing return..... it shouldn't matter

and... If you guys want to remove the renices script I moved into it's own all together and then add in the the loopy smoothness script you will probably do even better, as long as you have an understanding of how to set it up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.